Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
heng1811

Re: hey!

Post by heng1811 » Sun, 21 Mar 2010 4:20 pm

[quote="mea"]hey! i made it through all the rounds today! just waiting to go for my medical check up on Monday! :D but my case was very different as i went for my interview in Penang and i got through all the rounds but was on pending to go for the last round cause i had my lower braces bonded.. i was told to remove it and come back for the final interview in Singapore.. so i did as told and when i went this morning, i had to go through all the rounds starting from skin check all the way again!! but i get to skip round one and the queue! it was way tougher this time compared to the one in Penang and each time when i think i'm gonna get kicked out, i passed!! :D the kebaya round was really tough though.. they eliminated alot from that round... anyone from Penang got recruited and might be interested in sharing a place together??[/quote]

hi, i'm just curious how much are the sia girls paid per month, basic and allowances. don't understand why is the test so stringent?

lince83

Post by lince83 » Sun, 21 Mar 2010 7:45 pm

i got booted,really got caught off guard.....
Last edited by lince83 on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ionixon

pre employment briefing

Post by ionixon » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 2:20 am

Hi guys,

Anyone here who has cleared all the interviews and is slated for the pre employment briefing?

Somehow was too excited about getting in, and I don't know where's that paper now which documents which items which I would need to bring on that day.

Anyone knows? Cheers in advance!

flakes

Re: pre employment briefing

Post by flakes » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 2:13 pm

ionixon wrote:Hi guys,

Anyone here who has cleared all the interviews and is slated for the pre employment briefing?

Somehow was too excited about getting in, and I don't know where's that paper now which documents which items which I would need to bring on that day.

Anyone knows? Cheers in advance!
I managed to clear all the interviews too! The documents needed (Originals and a photocopy) are:
1. Identitiy card (2 copies)
2. Birth Cert
3. Passport
4. Deed Poll (where applicable)
5. Entry/Re-entry Permit (for singapore permanent residents only)
6. Degree
7. Diploma or GCE "A" level Cert
8. GCE "O" level Cert
9. Cert of Service (NS) (for male candidates)
10. Bank book/statement

anyway, what is the pre-employment briefing about? another round of interview?
Cheers! :)

ionixon

Post by ionixon » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 2:51 pm

@Flakes: thanks so much!! :D

What else does that paper say other than the things that i am supposed to bring? There's nothing there to fill up yeah?

flakes

Post by flakes » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 2:58 pm

No problem!! :D Let's see.. we need to bring our Identity card/passport and exchange it for a visitor pass at the Police Checkpoint before we enter as it is within a security area.

And remember to complete and bring the Employment Application form together with the originals and photocopies of the required documents!

OH, just in case you need to address of the training centre.. SIA Training Centre (Main lobby), 720 Upper Changi Road East, Singapore 486852

:wink:

ionixon

Post by ionixon » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 3:28 pm

sweet! you're a lifesaver!!!

cheers!

CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Tue, 23 Mar 2010 5:35 am

mmt81 wrote:Hi Guys,

I cleared my medicals and was advised my training date is 3rd May and I am arrive singapore on the 26th April.

Some people mentioned that there is indeed another medical check upon arrival in singapore. Does another one know what this is for? and if it is another elimination round - even though SIA has confirmed I have cleared my medicals done in KL?

Also, does anyone who is currently in training know if uniform will be provided during training or must we bring our own? if so, what type of uniform is acceptable? Im just preparing my my relocation to singapore and I might buy all the uniform for training in KL before I go?

Last question, after training, does SIA provide us with luggage to use when we start our flying duties? or must we supply our own? If so, does SIA have a strict rule on which type - size, colour etc... of luggage is allowed?

Thanks for all your comments
You provide your own working attire to the training.

As for the luggage, SIA prefers dark and neutral colours. eg: black, blue etc. Exceptions includes white.

and you need to supply your own luggage.

You will learn more about it during your training ^^
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Tue, 23 Mar 2010 3:08 pm

Hi there,

i heard from my friend that the height that they measured during the interview will be 2cm difference. is it true?

e.g. you are 160cm. in the interview, they will measure as 158cm

Thanks !

sammiii

Post by sammiii » Tue, 23 Mar 2010 5:49 pm

MauriceChai wrote:Is anyone starting on the 5th of April?
hey maurice, not sure if my pm went through but if it didnt, could you kindly add me on msn or email me at [email protected] if it isn't too much trouble please?

thanks! :D

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Tue, 23 Mar 2010 7:26 pm

alexis19 wrote:Hi there,

i heard from my friend that the height that they measured during the interview will be 2cm difference. is it true?

Thanks !
I have heard of it but for my two interviews, their measurements are the same as my actual height

candytuft

Post by candytuft » Tue, 23 Mar 2010 8:58 pm

i couldn't make it for saturday's interview and so i submitted my application forom on friday and i've not received an acknowledgement email or a call from from them.

did anyone submitted the application form and have received a call from them?

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:54 am

Shirini wrote:
alexis19 wrote:Hi there,

Thanks !
I have heard of it but for my two interviews, their measurements are the same as my actual height
Oh.. alright thanks !

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:56 am

candytuft wrote:i couldn't make it for saturday's interview and so i submitted my application forom on friday and i've not received an acknowledgement email or a call from from them.

did anyone submitted the application form and have received a call from them?

My friends and i have submitted the form through email too.
But none of us got any reply from them. dont think they will be replying so fast ?

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Wed, 24 Mar 2010 1:12 pm

I think they have just conducted interviews for people who could not make it for the 20th March interview a couple of weeks ago. I guess you have to wait for a while before they will contact you again.