Singapore Expats

How to market good quality ruby and sapphire?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Kumpongboi

How to market good quality ruby and sapphire?

Post by Kumpongboi » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:25 am

Dear all,

I have some sources from Myanmar supplying unheated ruby and sapphire.
Would appreciate if anyone can advise me on how to market it here or oversea.

Thank you.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: How to market good quality ruby and sapphire?

Post by ksl » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 4:36 pm

Kumpongboi wrote:Dear all,

I have some sources from Myanmar supplying unheated ruby and sapphire.
Would appreciate if anyone can advise me on how to market it here or oversea.

Thank you.
What kind of price, and quality Thailand is also a location for the same, you need to market to the jewellery and those handling semi precious stones. I know some interested if the price and quality is good, for Taiwan.

Kumpongboi

Post by Kumpongboi » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:46 pm

Dear ksl,

Thanks for your reply. Yes and i understand that thailand together with hong kong are actually a trading hub for gemstones.. But again I wish to emphasize that my speciality is unheated/ untreated natural Mogok Burma rubies and sapphire which is a nitch area on its very own and very few of such kind is available in Thailand / HK fairs.. Seeing this opportunity, we hope to provide an alternative for buyers at Singapore or oversea who are interested in buying natural rubies and sapphires and for that I am constantly looking for better ways to market it effectively..

Regarding the price, please allow me to share it with you through your personal email.

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 9:08 pm

Kumpongboi wrote:Dear ksl,

Thanks for your reply. Yes and i understand that thailand together with hong kong are actually a trading hub for gemstones.. But again I wish to emphasize that my speciality is unheated/ untreated natural Mogok Burma rubies and sapphire which is a nitch area on its very own and very few of such kind is available in Thailand / HK fairs.. Seeing this opportunity, we hope to provide an alternative for buyers at Singapore or oversea who are interested in buying natural rubies and sapphires and for that I am constantly looking for better ways to market it effectively..

Regarding the price, please allow me to share it with you through your personal email.

Thanks! I don't wish to use my personal email online becuase of spam. check your PM

jerm

Post by jerm » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 1:15 pm

Kumpongboi wrote:Dear ksl,

Hi kumpongboi,

Glad to hear that you found a gem of a niche!

Methinks the 1st thing you need to focus on is to establish yourself with some credibility to get people interested. So some samples would go a long way in getting pple to sit up and take notice :) Even photos for illustration would go a long way.

ksl is right on who you should be targetting.

Besides finding them, you should make sure it's easy for them to find you as I'm sure they're also on the look out for new opportunities and suppliers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 1:21 pm

tic.....toc.....tic.....toc.......

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 2:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:tic.....toc.....tic.....toc.......

I'd ax him... just promoting his website.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 6:37 pm

Yup! I was thinking along the same lines when I posted and he only had two posts at that point, now he's up to six. Wave bye-bye to the advertiser :wave:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers