Singapore Expats

PR application for student pass with a job

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
santhosh john

PR application for student pass with a job

Post by santhosh john » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 8:37 am

I am in student pass, I have PR invitation and I've got a job in Singapore, How can I apply for PR?
I have to start work next month itself. There is no e-appointment in ICA site within this one month. So how can I get a temporary EP without having appointment and how can I start work?

blasteddome

Post by blasteddome » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 1:38 pm

yes...you will have to get a temporary EP as PR process normally takes around 3 months (longer now).

Book an appointment on an available date and you can change it if there are any slots available before. Better to check every morning.

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wcs » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 5:30 am

This confused me first too. You don't need an e-appointment if you have the invitation letter given to students, and you have a job offer.

Just fill out the Form 4A, including Appendix A with the employer and the job offer. Then go down to the ICA building at Lavender and go up to the 4th floor.

Line up at the little booth near the escalator. The people at the counter will see that your application is a student invitation to be PR. They will give you a ticket number and tell you to go wait inside.

Then you wait and when you are called up to the officer, you need to give your completed form, plus all the supporting documents, eg. degrees, transcripts, etc. You are meant to have enough copies so they can look at the copy and the original and keep the copy. IF you don't they send you off to get copies made.

You then wait around some more and you get a 3 month temporary EP eventually.

I asked about my e-appointment, I had made just in case. The officer told me to just go online and cancel it!

Oh, and you can only go in and apply for the temporary EP, three days before the date your job is due to start in the form you have filled out, no earlier.

santhosh john

Post by santhosh john » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 1:55 pm

wcs wrote:This confused me first too. You don't need an e-appointment if you have the invitation letter given to students, and you have a job offer.

Just fill out the Form 4A, including Appendix A with the employer and the job offer. Then go down to the ICA building at Lavender and go up to the 4th floor.

Line up at the little booth near the escalator. The people at the counter will see that your application is a student invitation to be PR. They will give you a ticket number and tell you to go wait inside.

Then you wait and when you are called up to the officer, you need to give your completed form, plus all the supporting documents, eg. degrees, transcripts, etc. You are meant to have enough copies so they can look at the copy and the original and keep the copy. IF you don't they send you off to get copies made.

You then wait around some more and you get a 3 month temporary EP eventually.

I asked about my e-appointment, I had made just in case. The officer told me to just go online and cancel it!

Oh, and you can only go in and apply for the temporary EP, three days before the date your job is due to start in the form you have filled out, no earlier.
Thanks WCS, In my offer letter the joining date is mentioned at 15th april and the PR application we filled recently. So do I have to go to ICA on 12th april? or I can go to ICA now itself?

RalphVR

Post by RalphVR » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 9:34 am

Hey there...
THey will give u the temporary ep with which u can work till ur PR is approved. Lucky you are having the invitation letter for PR as they don't give it all students..
-----------------
Vinzlife.blogspot.com