Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
upgrade

Re: apartment enquiry

Post by upgrade » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 3:51 pm

terrie35 wrote:
upgrade wrote:ktstar Service Apartments its about 15 mins or 170nt one way cab to the clinic.

they usually do longer term rental about 1 month or longer and is 30000nt/mo.

i stayed in hotel when i first got here and it was 7000nt! god, this place is nice and new, has 24h concierge, good security, furnished with everything like hotel. outside has street vendor food court, watson, 7-11, cosmed half block away
Hi! I pm you too...does the apartment have free internet access?
yes, free internet... heres a link from craigslist...

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/search/ ... &bedrooms=

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Re:

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 6:42 pm

upgrade wrote:
terrie35 wrote:
upgrade wrote:ktstar Service Apartments its about 15 mins or 170nt one way cab to the clinic.

they usually do longer term rental about 1 month or longer and is 30000nt/mo.

i stayed in hotel when i first got here and it was 7000nt! god, this place is nice and new, has 24h concierge, good security, furnished with everything like hotel. outside has street vendor food court, watson, 7-11, cosmed half block away
Hi! I pm you too...does the apartment have free internet access?

Thanks so much !! Will let you know.

Do you have any pain? You should let the clinic know if there is any pain so they can prescribe stronger dose.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 6:46 pm

moodie wrote:seeing that a few of you have some questions about dr chuang, i will share my recent double eyelid + epi experience from about 2 weeks ago. at first i was only going for dr su but she said i'm not suitable because i have thick skin so the fat is embedded in the skin and cannot be removed. i didn't want to give up so i called dr chuang last minute and politely asked the receptionist to squeeze me in for a consultation. it was a long wait but well worth it if you didn't plan ahead like me. i told dr chuang what dr su said and he convinced me that no matter what i should still have some fat underneath. i didn't do enough research but my instinct told me to trust him. my consultation was very short because i was tired and didn't remember what i should have asked. i then had the procedure the next day very very late at night. it was like 10pm or something. dr chuang said i had a lot of fat actually after he made the incisions. my eyes were so painful and swollen. it took me over 2 weeks to look somewhat normal. i was so depressed during the recovery period in taipei because i was so worried and keep questioning myself. it's a bad idea to go for surgery alone.

so far i've not regretted the procedure with dr chuang but i am very worried about my epi scar. it's a lot bigger than i anticipated, especially the 5mm that runs from the inner corners downward. epi did make my eyes bigger but i don't think i really need it since i had big eyes with droopy eyelids to begin with.

dr su is very conservative and will only accept cases in which she thinks will succeed 99%. maybe that's what make her success rate a lot higher than other doctors? i think if your case is not complicated then she is definitely good because your risk is hugely minimized. she also sticks to her schedule strictly and won't make any exceptions. Her clinic is a lot more organized just like a high-end spa, which makes girls more comfortable. her cost is higher than average i find. consultation is 200 but she spent a lot of time explaining the anatomy of eyes with me.

dr chuang is willing to take more cases and tries his best. he is crazily busy working from early morning until 10-11pm mon to sat. his clinic is always packed with people and sometimes you can't even find a seat. I like how dr chuang is very confident and takes pride in his work a lot. his english is really good too. only thing is the nurse didn't take out all the stitches so i had to go back again. make sure you don't leave the day of stitch removal i guess.

in total i spent 35000 on surgery, 16000 on accommodation, and 2000 on food for 10 days in taipei.

Yes, I too heard that the doc works till midnight.....am worried if he has any concentration left.....do you know if the clinic is packed with patients doing which procedure? Is he good for nose ?

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 4:27 am

every doc will or should tell u there is gonna be a scar, when i talk to dr jong about how i wanna open my eye corners he said there will be a tiny scar. So i ditched it, cuz i have double eyelids and i thought maybe its not worth it if its not gonna make a difference since ppl always comment that i have huge eyes. But with nose docs always tell u when u do alar u will get scar. My scar still here.. and its really up to the individual not the doctor to take care of ur scars (using creams and stuff)
im gonna preach, lol, glad to hear everyone is doing there own research, firstly it confidence, if u go into surgery its best u go in to go not so much, cuz thats definately a scary sign aka "you wont be happy cuz u didnt come out perfect" theres a lot of ppl with low self esteem and bitter, and express they wanna do multiple surgeries with there face chins cheek nose eyes...lip reduction ITS CRAZY and those are the ones who complain and not happy and those ppl start to wrongly judge others. Honestly i dont get hit on as much as i did before my surgery, i was "goregous" before (some of u saw my pix thru email and told me that =_= which kinda upset me) BUT i think i can always take out the rib out and look like myself again cuz the doctor never broke my natural bone. Right now, im quite happy, its cuz i never went into surgery being a angry person about myself. U gotta love yourself. Otherwise your gonna be those weirdos who assume crap about ppl they dont even know.
Anyways Lets start ranking doctors english. Since communication is the key.

dr chuang 8/10
Dr hsu 9/10 (i think his eng very good)
Dr jong.... 6/10 (he is good when he is writting eng on the comp, but when u meet him face to face.. its like huh....but he is a smart doc, (not the most comfortable one) u can still get by
Dr kao 8/10
If you want $25 credit for $15 on xquisis clothing and shoes contact me
Save money.

upgrade

Re:

Post by upgrade » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 5:05 pm

terrie35 wrote:
upgrade wrote:
terrie35 wrote: Hi! I pm you too...does the apartment have free internet access?

Thanks so much !! Will let you know.

Do you have any pain? You should let the clinic know if there is any pain so they can prescribe stronger dose.

the first painkiller they gave me was a diamond looking yellow pill with now letters, that really wasnt strong enough. they gave me a yellow and orange capsule after i requested stronger which helped alot. but stronger painkiller is not very good for your stomach just to warn those who intend to ask. cause constipation. ew.. i dont have that problem tho.

moodie

Post by moodie » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 8:16 pm

i think dr chuang only does minor surgeries at night. i saw many many girls doing breast augmentation and quite a bit nose jobs and a few eyes. the people who had nose jobs looked quite natural. if you don't know that person before, you won't be able to tell they had a nose job. it's not very dramatic though if you're looking for that result. like none of those people have model noses but i'm sure it's an improvement of their natural nose.

most people are local. some local taiwanese girls are super pretty. not sure how many procedures they did because they seemed to be repeat customers.

i even bumped into two korean girls who have been living in taipei for some time already. i asked them why they don't go back to korea and they said it's too far. i think koreans know their ps stuff and there's a reason why they chose dr chuang.

does anyone know how long does it take for mini incision and epi to completely deswell?

babyzai80

Post by babyzai80 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:54 pm

hello, Im planning to go Taipei alone for nose job and would like to find someone to share hotel fees. I intend to make appointment with Dr.Tseng. anyone looking for a partner to go Taiwan in April or May ?

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 3:24 am

babyzai80 wrote:hello, Im planning to go Taipei alone for nose job and would like to find someone to share hotel fees. I intend to make appointment with Dr.Tseng. anyone looking for a partner to go Taiwan in April or May ?
how long are you planning on staying in taipei for? i'm already here, will be here till around the end of april

babyzai80

Post by babyzai80 » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 2:06 pm

will be Taipei for 1 week and 1 week in Jiayi. What r u doing there for? Where r u staying?

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 4:55 pm

babyzai80 wrote:will be Taipei for 1 week and 1 week in Jiayi. What r u doing there for? Where r u staying?
surgeries, already got breast augmentation, neck lipo, and buccal fat removal with dr. chuang.

thinking about either a rhinoplasty with either dr. chuang or dr. kao

what are you going to do? when do you come?

babyzai80

Post by babyzai80 » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:35 pm

planning to be there the last week of April.
do u hav msn? mind i add u in my msn then we discuss further?

gomey

chicken egg video

Post by gomey » Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:48 pm

another chicken egg moving video surfaces on the web.

duno whether issit a marketing gimmick or actual pheonomenom happening? ahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQF4jdv9DSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWreH5anU4

chanelgirl

anyone at kanging?

Post by chanelgirl » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 7:21 am

Hi anyone's going to be in kang ning this week seeing dr kao? please pm me :)

babyzai80

Post by babyzai80 » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 2:12 pm

upgrade wrote:
babyzai80 wrote:will be Taipei for 1 week and 1 week in Jiayi. What r u doing there for? Where r u staying?
surgeries, already got breast augmentation, neck lipo, and buccal fat removal with dr. chuang.

thinking about either a rhinoplasty with either dr. chuang or dr. kao

what are you going to do? when do you come?
I/m planning to go Taiwan late April. do u have msn?

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Its been about 3 months since my surgery with Dr. Kao, I'm not entirely recovered yet and my tip *still* feels woody.

Does that go away at the sixth month mark?

Also, I can provide pictures if you pm me. I still find the swelling quite obvious :( esp in pictures.