Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
upgrade

Post by upgrade » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:31 pm

bella10 wrote:Upgrade,

Can you please ask Dr. Chuang how to get into contact with him? I am very serious about having surgery with him and contacted him about 5 times within the past 2 months but no reply. Is there some other way that I am not aware of to contact him? Any advice would be appreciated.

all i did was call. I didnt email or anything like that. hope that helps

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:33 pm

greysnow, i cant pm.. but i am planning on going to make an appointment with him in about 10 days after the swellling from my surgery on my face goes down.

Loukoum

Post by Loukoum » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 2:34 am

Fr ppl who already get a ps with dr Hsu, where did you stay ( what hotel) ? Do you have any advice about the closer and cheaper hotel to dr Hsu clinic ? I try to have an idea of the global cost (fare + ps + accomodation + food )

btw, do you have an idea of how much you need to 'survive' (lol) with food ?

bella10

Post by bella10 » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 5:19 am

Upgrade,

Do you speak Mandarin? I only speak english, would they be able to understand me if I call? Thanks so much.

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:50 am

Do you speak Mandarin? I only speak english, would they be able to understand me if I call? Thanks so much.
yes, they speak english.. i speak no mandarin at all actually and i was ok, just had my procedures yesterday.

upgrade

painkillers

Post by upgrade » Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:53 am

does anyone know if dr. chuang has stronger painkillers than the ones he gives you?

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Anyone coming to taipei soon?

Post by terrie35 » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 9:21 pm

upgrade wrote:is anyone going to be in taipei from now till around the end of april? i'm here right now for surgery with dr. chuang for buccal fat removal, breast augmentation, and neck lipo tomorrow. then when the swelling goes down on my face a rib rhinoplasty with dr. kao.

let me know. its so boring here by myself. :(
Hey, which hotel are you in ? Planning to go but no reply to my email from the clinic yet.

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:32 am

ktstar Service Apartments its about 15 mins or 170nt one way cab to the clinic.

they usually do longer term rental about 1 month or longer and is 30000nt/mo.

i stayed in hotel when i first got here and it was 7000nt! god, this place is nice and new, has 24h concierge, good security, furnished with everything like hotel. outside has street vendor food court, watson, 7-11, cosmed half block away

cupcakez
Regular
Regular

Double Eyelids

Post by cupcakez » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:33 am

Does anyone which doctor is good for double eyelids? Deep set caucasian kind? I did few times double eyelid still cannot get the results I want. My double eyelids although is parallel but to be honest look more tapered than parallel.

bella10

Post by bella10 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 2:22 pm

Upgrade,

Thank you for answering all our questions. The place where you said is really nice and new with a concierge and a food court, are you referring to the hotel you stayed at when you first got there or to the apartments that you are staying at now?

You said you called Dr. Chaung's clinic and didn't email him, did you get to speak to Dr. Chuang himself? If he didn't see your photos, how did he tell you what you needed and the cost of the surgery? Did you have to wait until you actually got to Taiwan and see Dr. Chuang to decide what surgeries you needed and the price of the surgeries?

How do you like Dr. Chuang so far? Would you recommend him?

Thank you again so much for your help, I appreciate it greatly.

upgrade

Post by upgrade » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:02 pm

Thank you for answering all our questions. The place where you said is really nice and new with a concierge and a food court, are you referring to the hotel you stayed at when you first got there or to the apartments that you are staying at now?

You said you called Dr. Chaung's clinic and didn't email him, did you get to speak to Dr. Chuang himself? If he didn't see your photos, how did he tell you what you needed and the cost of the surgery? Did you have to wait until you actually got to Taiwan and see Dr. Chuang to decide what surgeries you needed and the price of the surgeries?

How do you like Dr. Chuang so far? Would you recommend him?

Thank you again so much for your help, I appreciate it greatly.
i'm referring to the Service Apartment i'm staying at now, they dont like to rent short term so if your staying around 30 days then its a good deal, they get to know your name and greet you whenever you leave and come back .

i called the clinic to make an appointment when i arrived to taiwan, i didnt really plan it.. i just knew i wanted to do the procedures with him. i called first for an appointment then when i arrived, i discussed with the secretary what i wanted, and then made and appointment to see him the next day. i think it is best to call the clinic, and maybe get the secretarys email as dr. chuang is very busy, everytime he wanted to see me i usually had to wait an hour or more. but dr. chuang decides how much to charge, so you either have to wait for his email, or come and see him in person.

i find dr. chuang very caring, but at the same time very busy. what ever questions you have, write them on paper so you dont forget to ask. if you have a question you might have to wait along time for an answer. you will also find they change the times frequently to make up for longer than expected surgery or people being late, so be prepared for a last minute call asking you to come in the next 30min or 1hr. earlier than your expected appointment.

hope this helps.

hope this helps.

moodie

Post by moodie » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 2:21 pm

seeing that a few of you have some questions about dr chuang, i will share my recent double eyelid + epi experience from about 2 weeks ago. at first i was only going for dr su but she said i'm not suitable because i have thick skin so the fat is embedded in the skin and cannot be removed. i didn't want to give up so i called dr chuang last minute and politely asked the receptionist to squeeze me in for a consultation. it was a long wait but well worth it if you didn't plan ahead like me. i told dr chuang what dr su said and he convinced me that no matter what i should still have some fat underneath. i didn't do enough research but my instinct told me to trust him. my consultation was very short because i was tired and didn't remember what i should have asked. i then had the procedure the next day very very late at night. it was like 10pm or something. dr chuang said i had a lot of fat actually after he made the incisions. my eyes were so painful and swollen. it took me over 2 weeks to look somewhat normal. i was so depressed during the recovery period in taipei because i was so worried and keep questioning myself. it's a bad idea to go for surgery alone.

so far i've not regretted the procedure with dr chuang but i am very worried about my epi scar. it's a lot bigger than i anticipated, especially the 5mm that runs from the inner corners downward. epi did make my eyes bigger but i don't think i really need it since i had big eyes with droopy eyelids to begin with.

dr su is very conservative and will only accept cases in which she thinks will succeed 99%. maybe that's what make her success rate a lot higher than other doctors? i think if your case is not complicated then she is definitely good because your risk is hugely minimized. she also sticks to her schedule strictly and won't make any exceptions. Her clinic is a lot more organized just like a high-end spa, which makes girls more comfortable. her cost is higher than average i find. consultation is 200 but she spent a lot of time explaining the anatomy of eyes with me.

dr chuang is willing to take more cases and tries his best. he is crazily busy working from early morning until 10-11pm mon to sat. his clinic is always packed with people and sometimes you can't even find a seat. I like how dr chuang is very confident and takes pride in his work a lot. his english is really good too. only thing is the nurse didn't take out all the stitches so i had to go back again. make sure you don't leave the day of stitch removal i guess.

in total i spent 35000 on surgery, 16000 on accommodation, and 2000 on food for 10 days in taipei.

janesimnila

Post by janesimnila » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 3:21 pm

Hi ladies,

i'm really interested to do a permanent nose job as i've already done fillers for my nose to raise the nose bridge and to give it an illusion to make my nose look sharper.

However, the nose fillers are dissolving real fast and my nose seems to be getting flatter and flatter with weeks.

After reading a few pages back, Im quite keen on doing a permanent nose job with Dr Kao. Could anyone advise me how much his charges are and roughly how much I would have to prepare for the entire trip?

thanks again :)

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

apartment enquiry

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 7:59 am

upgrade wrote:ktstar Service Apartments its about 15 mins or 170nt one way cab to the clinic.

they usually do longer term rental about 1 month or longer and is 30000nt/mo.

i stayed in hotel when i first got here and it was 7000nt! god, this place is nice and new, has 24h concierge, good security, furnished with everything like hotel. outside has street vendor food court, watson, 7-11, cosmed half block away
Hi! I pm you too...does the apartment have free internet access?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Boil: reverse epi

Post by boii18 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 8:20 am

plasticgirl wrote:Hi Boil,

Just wondering if Dr. Chuang told you he could reverse a bit of the epi?

I am thinking it's not as simple as just covering the tear ducts. The inner whites are showing more and that's what the epi pretty scary too.

boii18 wrote:Hey plasticgirl, I totally agree with your comments.

I'm afraid of going to this doctor again, because he may botch up my surgery again to "display his unhappiness" over myself, or who knows as some form of revenge?

But Its financially much more wise though. I would probably go to him just for epi.

Reason why I don't want him to do my eyelid and fat grafting etc, is because of inherent risks and complications. I want to be a surgeon in the future.

If he is careless and hits an ocular blood vessel, then fails to address the issue, it can lead to blindness. Having witnessed live surgery for the first time past few days, I now understand the risks of surgery and intra-operative complications such as vessels bursting ( which, trust me, is not a good sight, though usually quickly resolved unless pt has ESRF or related problems ).

Even the slightest visual defect can affect your chances of being a surgeon

I think since you are a medical student, you should have a bright future ahead. I wouldn't risk it eyelid surgery ( with inherent risks of blindness ) especially if you are doing it with same doctor.

Myself, I am just reversing epi which should carry almost nil risk, except damage to tear duct?
Hi plasticgirl,

I really don't know if I should go back to this doctor since he has proven himself to be so devastating with regards to his results.

Should I proceed to Korea? Cost of air ticket is so much higher.

Either way, my revision trip would be during my semester break in December.

At the 3 months mark with the results of epi still quite devastating, I think there is no further hope for me. The epi did not loosen up or anything that this doctor promised. It is still the same with so much pink tear duct showing and look of artificially-elongated eyes beyond normal proportions of Chinese and even Americans.

Hmm, I will email him again, since I have got no reply for the fixing of revision surgery date.

But do you think I shd go Korea?