Singapore Expats

PR application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Danxiaogou

PR application

Post by Danxiaogou » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:18 am

I need some help here. I am a Malaysian, completed my degree in NTU. Currently I am working in one of the statutory board, with invitation letter for PR application, I submitted my application on 11 July 2009. However until now I still haven received any reply. Wrote ICA a letter on 4th Feb and the customor officer said I will receive the reply soon, but until now I still haven received anything. Then I try to write them a 2nd letter but they don't even bother to reply, so i called and they just keep saying still in progress pls wait. All my fren from Malaysia frens from ntu have gotten their pr, I am the only who still haven receive any reply. Why ? Is there anway to expedite the process ? Getting kind of worried..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:59 am

There was a PR applicant on here recently who got his PR 8.5 months after applying for it. Give it time. It's much, much slower processing due to massive backlog and stricter vetting. Give it time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tas Burrfoot

Re: PR application

Post by Tas Burrfoot » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 1:26 am

Danxiaogou wrote:I need some help here. I am a Malaysian, completed my degree in NTU. Currently I am working in one of the statutory board, with invitation letter for PR application, I submitted my application on 11 July 2009. However until now I still haven received any reply. Wrote ICA a letter on 4th Feb and the customor officer said I will receive the reply soon, but until now I still haven received anything. Then I try to write them a 2nd letter but they don't even bother to reply, so i called and they just keep saying still in progress pls wait. All my fren from Malaysia frens from ntu have gotten their pr, I am the only who still haven receive any reply. Why ? Is there anway to expedite the process ? Getting kind of worried..
Agree with SMS, give it some time...

At this point, no news is probably good news. I know 2 people personally who got their rejection letter after less than 2 months. I am waiting as well, submitted my application middle of December 2009.
My Misadventures... - trips in and around Southeast Asia

lovemetender

Post by lovemetender » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:07 am

Hello, I think I have the same problem as you. I'm graduated last year from NAFA and I have invitation letter from ICA too. I applied early June last year. Have you gotten any news from ICA yet?

Tas Burrfoot

Re: PR application

Post by Tas Burrfoot » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 1:29 am

Tas Burrfoot wrote:
Danxiaogou wrote:I need some help here. I am a Malaysian, completed my degree in NTU. Currently I am working in one of the statutory board, with invitation letter for PR application, I submitted my application on 11 July 2009. However until now I still haven received any reply. Wrote ICA a letter on 4th Feb and the customor officer said I will receive the reply soon, but until now I still haven received anything. Then I try to write them a 2nd letter but they don't even bother to reply, so i called and they just keep saying still in progress pls wait. All my fren from Malaysia frens from ntu have gotten their pr, I am the only who still haven receive any reply. Why ? Is there anway to expedite the process ? Getting kind of worried..
Agree with SMS, give it some time...

At this point, no news is probably good news. I know 2 people personally who got their rejection letter after less than 2 months. I am waiting as well, submitted my application middle of December 2009.
I got the thin letter yesterday...

Not for me yet probably! 8-)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:02 am

Ask yourself if you have been here 2 years, before applying, don't be disappointed in today's tightening of the PR requirements, they may well have lengthened the stay before application, under the present climate

Tas Burrfoot

Post by Tas Burrfoot » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:04 am

ksl wrote:Ask yourself if you have been here 2 years, before applying, don't be disappointed in today's tightening of the PR requirements, they may well have lengthened the stay before application, under the present climate
not disappointed at all mate!! :D

aunghsumyat

Post by aunghsumyat » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 2:47 pm

Hi,
I would like to know the chance of approval for PR application.
I worked 2 years in singapore with Employment Pass.
Last year my application was rejected. I would like to know the current condition.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 3:44 pm

Probably worse. Have you bothered to read the various threads here regarding the numerous rejections as of late?

Maybe you should just be praying your EP doesn't get refused renewal with the time comes.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 1:02 pm

I hold an EP1 and applied for PR after 1 year 5 months. Just got the reply after 4 months of wait; luckilly it was an approval.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 2:09 pm

Yeah, but you gotta admit, P1 passes are in a class of their own. Even academics don't play a part there. When you get those, the gahmen figure you gotta have sumtin' on the ball and of course, they want some of that to boost the gene pool here! :wink:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 2:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, but you gotta admit, P1 passes are in a class of their own. Even academics don't play a part there. When you get those, the gahmen figure you gotta have sumtin' on the ball and of course, they want some of that to boost the gene pool here! :wink:
How about PEP? is there a similar perception? or is it really just a five-year, one-shot pass?

I'm getting nervous about the FT backlash but I'll be qualifying for PEP in a few months. I'm not losing sleep over it but I'm just curious...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 3:46 pm

Not too sure about the PEP's at the moment, at least for those qualifying under the non-P1 categories. The top-tier I would suspect is still considered like a P1 inasmuch as, apparently from what I've heard, you actually are invited to switch to the PEP (no real confirmation of this). So, those are probably okay. It's the ones for P2 & Q using time durations & 30K/pa salaries that may be sticky. But I'm only speculating at this point!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 3:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not too sure about the PEP's at the moment, at least for those qualifying under the non-P1 categories. The top-tier I would suspect is still considered like a P1 inasmuch as, apparently from what I've heard, you actually are invited to switch to the PEP (no real confirmation of this). So, those are probably okay. It's the ones for P2 & Q using time durations & 30K/pa salaries that may be sticky. But I'm only speculating at this point!
:???:

I way to find out I guess...in several months's time.

My company HR did say they never had to face that situation and if they do, they will do everything they can just to make sure nobody becomes suddenly jobless through no fault of their own. I'd like to think that they'll transfer the poor guy to another country who'll give him a working visa. :?

Fun times.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

black eagle

Post by black eagle » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 4:44 pm

I m Q1 holder working 2 years in singapore,
How long do I need to wait for applying PR?