Singapore Expats

Enough and Enough!!! Just go back your country!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
montecarlo

Enough and Enough!!! Just go back your country!

Post by montecarlo » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 3:47 pm

All of this post are taking about how to get jobs in Singapore..But stop this, our singapore is crowded by lots of foreigners already!!! We are really fed up all of you coming here just to fight the jobs with us !!! make enough money and then go back!!

Why don't you just go back your home country? it is really annoying to see you all!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 4:21 pm

montecarlo wrote:second lower? i think it would be hard for you to gain an entry. they just attract the best mind from the world or if you have relevant working experience in finance, risk management area. but not harm to appy.
Anyway, i am gonna apply it with my couple years of financial working experience.
Your frustration is understandable. You probably applied and were found wanting. And to make it worse, probably an Indian national got the position (seeing as how your listing to Indian English makes you dizzy.) I think you got the word wrong. It makes you ditzy. Frankly, Singapore would have no need of us here if the average "thinks they are smart" local like yourself could actually think on your feet and not just regurgitate answer from exam papers.

Image :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 8:21 pm

Chuckles all round. Get on back to sgclub nancy boy. If you want to change the system that supports you, you'll have to step up and do some serious PAP bashing.

I wish you the best of luck with the endeavour.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Re: Enough and Enough!!! Just go back your country!

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:51 am

montecarlo wrote:All of this post are taking about how to get jobs in Singapore..But stop this, our singapore is crowded by lots of foreigners already!!! We are really fed up all of you coming here just to fight the jobs with us !!! make enough money and then go back!!

Why don't you just go back your home country? it is really annoying to see you all!

Get an education numbnutz and firstly work our where the majority of Singaporeans themselves hail from originally. Secondly use the power of that learning to equip yourself with the abilities to get yourself hired.

A bad workman always blames his tools, or so the saying goes so if you find yourself blaming others it is ONLY your excuse for not taking the initiative to do something about it.

Finally, if it is your aim for coming onto an expat centric site to "Stir the Sh!t" as SMS put it in a more roundabout way, you will fail here where in other places you might succeed. Most of us have far thicker skins than that and have been around more blocks than probably you've even yet to see....... try getting out more ;)

mrswkn
Regular
Regular

Post by mrswkn » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 5:19 pm

deleted
Last edited by mrswkn on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 6:00 pm

You buys your ticket, you takes your chances...... I doubt if you were "forced" to sign on the dotted line.... :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 7:21 am

montecarlo wrote:All of this post are taking about how to get jobs in Singapore..But stop this, our singapore is crowded by lots of foreigners already!!! We are really fed up all of you coming here just to fight the jobs with us !!! make enough money and then go back!!

actually foreigners getting your job should make you work harder and appreciative of what you have right now. how bout complaining to your fellow men who schedule for interviews but don't even show up for the interview?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 8:22 am

Are you including me in your rant?

a) There is no way I am fighting for a job with you. Fact of the matter is that there are very few people who do what I do, and as a result, the pay scales are far more than you are earning or will likely earn.

b) I hire other people, maybe people like you... no, people with a much better attitude. I hire clerks, admins, bookkeepers. I hire lawyers, accountants, graphics people who hire people themselves.

c) My clients are multi nationals so I bring money into Singapore that otherwise might go elsewhere for the types of services I provide. I pay corporate taxes and personal taxes. I pay employer CPF.

So... if anything, my presence (and the presence of many who are like me) increase your chances of getting a job, not reducing them.

Why do you think the gahmen wants us to come here in the first place? Duh!

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 8:37 am

Uhh... not getting enough attention at home or at work I suppose? Can't think of any other reason why you'd pop this up in an "expat" forum when you know that most people will (predictably) rebuff you. But you got your 20 seconds of fame I guess!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

Wellman
Regular
Regular

Post by Wellman » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:29 am

"to" your home country, go back "to" your home country! :D

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 1:40 pm

Wellman wrote:

"to" your home country, go back "to" your home country! :D
lol singlish lah...no can..

thats the extent of singlish..lol

mrswkn
Regular
Regular

Post by mrswkn » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 6:43 pm

deleted
Last edited by mrswkn on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 8:02 pm

If they are only 15-17 years old, then their parents are to blame. The parents weren't forced to sign on the dotted line either. Life is full of compromises. Often we have to do things that we don't like for a period of time in order to accomplish some long-distance goal. If you play you pay. The piper always demands his due. You really don't think people & governments give stuff to foreigners just for the fun of it do you? And you are wrong - most 15-17 year old kids already have a pretty good idea what they want to do with their lives by that time. Even in my day which was damn near an eon ago, by that age we knew. I graduated from school at 17 and I did exactly what I said I wanted to do at 15. I didn't stay in that occupation and it was slightly modified but nonetheless, I still became a pilot at the age of 18.

So, let's just agree to disagree on this one. :wink: