Singapore Expats

Qatar Airways Interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Ninaaaaa

Post by Ninaaaaa » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 3:22 am

ayesunshine wrote:Wow ninaa congrats!!!! How was the prelimanary round?? Gd luck for the final!!!
For the preliminary round, we had abt, 30 in a batch. We were called in to do a English proficiency test and the reach test. Duration of both tests = 50 mins. We were asked to go for a short 30mins break while they mark the paper. ELIMINATION ROUND!!
Those that stayed will be divided into 2 groups for group discussion. No eye contact with the recruiters as you be yourself and interact with your group members. Questions we discuss abt,

1) just got back from a flight, tired. You came back to your accomodation to see your housemate having a party, music blasting really loud and it's already late. You see pork & ham at the kitchen table. What will you do?

2) u were late for your flight, your CC supervisor is pissed, she keeps picking on you during your 18hr Melbourne flight, you notice her assesing you while you were doing things. There is a drunken man, miscommunication between all the CC, everyone gave to his every request when he wanted drinks. One of your crews got sexually harrassed. A mother with a baby and a boy, the boy is screaming and running about when the mother is trying to put the baby to sleep. What shall u do?

3) name 5 nationalities, you like and dislike to live with and the reasons why.

This lasted for 15mins and we were send out for the 2nd elimination. Those who got in will have their final interview on the 1/2 mar. There were approx 400 applicants, about 60 were selected for the preliminary rounds and less than 30 for the finals. ( I think so)

that's all :D
<3 <3 <3

lolika

Post by lolika » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 9:10 am

Hope you're gonna make it nina!
Good luck, it's really tough but you made it through to the final thats like 'wow' factor :wink:

Anyways , i wanted to know whether the recruiters mentioned about '6months ban'? I wasn't selected for the assessment day , so i was wondering can i just show up pver again at the next OD? without having to wait for 6 months cause i wasn't even get selected, i guess they probably would thrown away those resumes and CV's ?

And any tips for handing ur CV?

Ur advice will be appreciated :)

And let us know what happened at the finals!

iplaydressup

Post by iplaydressup » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 7:24 pm

CONGRATS Ninaaaaa!!! :)

and wow! pretty tough open ended situations uh.
bt these were discussed in a group right?
and at the end of the group discussion hw did the recruiters
choose fr 2nd elimination, as a group or individual?
oh ya, hw did u guys present the solutions to the recruiters?
they called the names of the individual in a group?

thanks in advance! :)

Ninaaaaa

Post by Ninaaaaa » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 8:02 pm

lolika wrote:Hope you're gonna make it nina!
Good luck, it's really tough but you made it through to the final thats like 'wow' factor :wink:

Anyways , i wanted to know whether the recruiters mentioned about '6months ban'? I wasn't selected for the assessment day , so i was wondering can i just show up pver again at the next OD? without having to wait for 6 months cause i wasn't even get selected, i guess they probably would thrown away those resumes and CV's ?

And any tips for handing ur CV?

Ur advice will be appreciated :)

And let us know what happened at the finals!
about the 6mth ban, they did mentioned to reapply after 6mths. As Tanya was saying that she had a girl who came for assesment in brazil and she didn't get in. She actually followed Tanya to their next destination to interview again. So tanya's point is, give yourself some time.

About handing the CVs, she was asking me what am I doing currently, and why I wanna join Qatar? Be confident & smile, most importantly be yourself.

I will update abt the finals! Pls wish me luck, I need lots of it!

xxx
<3 <3 <3

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular

Post by sgexpat2011 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 8:19 pm

hi ninaaa, just to ask, what time did you got the call last Saturday after the CV submission?

Ninaaaaa

Post by Ninaaaaa » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 9:38 pm

sgexpat2011 wrote:hi ninaaa, just to ask, what time did you got the call last Saturday after the CV submission?
I got the call about 5.30pm. I thought I wasn't selected and was feeling disappointed. It was Tanya who called me.

xxx
<3 <3 <3

lolika

Post by lolika » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 9:43 am

I will cross my fingers for you nina!
Luck will be on your side as you've said just be yourself and SMILE !

Thanks for the tip , ! I'll need to give it another try later on :))

wiwik

Post by wiwik » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 1:31 pm

Ninaaaaa wrote:
sgexpat2011 wrote:hi ninaaa, just to ask, what time did you got the call last Saturday after the CV submission?
I got the call about 5.30pm. I thought I wasn't selected and was feeling disappointed. It was Tanya who called me.

xxx
Hi nina, congratz to u.. do they check ur skin before u got the 2nd round? or u just submit ur CV n they just call u for the 2nd round? if we r selected,so must willing base at DOHA? pls advice..thanks :)

Ninaaaaa

Post by Ninaaaaa » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:08 pm

wiwik wrote:
Ninaaaaa wrote:

xxx
Hi nina, congratz to u.. do they check ur skin before u got the 2nd round? or u just submit ur CV n they just call u for the 2nd round? if we r selected,so must willing base at DOHA? pls advice..thanks :)
hi, they chk your skin only during the final interview. U have to declare all identification marks, birthmarks, scars or tattoos.

yes, we must be willing to relocate to Doha for a period of 3 yrs.

xxx
<3 <3 <3

ayesunshine

Post by ayesunshine » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 2:30 pm

lolika wrote:
And the last thing i suggest you'd better purchase a book that will be guidance for you to the entire process, that is specifically targeted at getting a job as a stewardess. Mine hasn't arrived yet! so i couldn't read it :cry: anyways that will be like a source of valuable info
Hey i was wondering which book were you talking about cause there are a few.
I wanna fly! And I'm gonna keep trying till I'm bonded to flying! =)

lolika

Post by lolika » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 9:03 pm

There are a few good books you can search them through amazon, i had ordered welcome aboard, there are dozens of choices its really up to you which one to get

rueben

Post by rueben » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:38 pm

does anyone know when is the next interview dates either in Singapore or malaysia for male cabin crew (air steward)?

Pls advice. tq

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular

Post by sgexpat2011 » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 4:03 pm

Emirates have on April. Qatar would probably two months after.

ayesunshine

Post by ayesunshine » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 7:13 pm

Emirates is open for April? Or just a rough estimation?
I wanna fly! And I'm gonna keep trying till I'm bonded to flying! =)

sgexpat2011
Regular
Regular

Post by sgexpat2011 » Fri, 19 Mar 2010 8:24 pm

they do have, please read sushmitas new thread :D the assesement is on the 24-25th april