Singapore Expats

chances of Landed PR Approval

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
raksha_26

chances of Landed PR Approval

Post by raksha_26 » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 6:10 pm

hi all.... i am new this forum and i had a few questions in mind so i thought of asking help from you guys!

i am planning to apply for landed PR... I am a graduate from american university, which is recognised by MOM... i have worked in dubai for few temp assignments and from last 4 years i am a resident of china working for my own company as a senior administrator.
I spoke to smc and they said i can apply for the LPR, however the final decision is in the hands of the ministry.

I wanted to know that looking at my background ... i wanted you guys to suggest me , if i should go ahead with the application, or will it be a waste of time and money, since i hv no idea about singapore laws... and i dont know if this company is good or not i wanted to ask u guys , what could be my chances of approval.....

thanks and best regards
raksha

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 6:33 pm

That would be like asking us if we knew the earthquake was going to hit Chile last night. With the tightening up of criteria, it's a gamble. You will probably get it with no problems. However, the next step is the hardest. That is finding a job. The Landed PR (LPR) scheme only gives you a year to find a job. Of course, you can take up any job so that isn't a real problem (I've hired LPR for 1100/mo in order for them to meet that criteria).

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

raksha_26

Post by raksha_26 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 3:26 am

thank a ton for your reply... i will apply tomm lets be hopeful :)

chibchan

Post by chibchan » Mon, 29 Mar 2010 5:14 pm

Hi, may I know how much did u pay for the application? I'm thinking to apply for LPR too, but I need to save first.. Thanks :)

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Tue, 30 Mar 2010 6:57 pm

Hi, My LPR application was submitted on July 2009 last year. I paid SGD 1500 to SMC to process LPR application because I was graduated couples of year ago with overseas working experience. I got a letter from ICA saying that my application is still in process and will let me know when the result is due. Me and my wife are MSc graduated from UK. My LPR application consist of my wife and 1 year 2 months old daughter. Now i am start working in Singapore since Jan 2010 with EP and my wife is holding dependant pass. Until now I still have not received LPR application result from ICA yet.

Please kindly share your opinion in this matter....
Thank you in advanced!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:25 am

Hi All,

I rang ICA this morning to enquire about my LPR application since July 2010. The ICA phone answering officer told me that your application has been too long and will pass the attention to processing officer.

Anyone! same situation like me? Pls kindly share your opinion and experience with us.

Thank you.

serve_the_servants
Regular
Regular

Post by serve_the_servants » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:15 am

So sad to hear,

I heard from SMC that almost all applicants from July 2009 are still waiting for a decision.

I applied this month and do not expect any decision this year.

You start working on an EP? Is that allowed? So when you got your LPR you leave the country and come back with the approval letter? I thought LPR applicants are not allowed in any way to work in Singapore

Good luck

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:29 am

Basically, what is happening when you apply for LPR you are going through the ICA. When you get a job here you are coming in through ICA via MOM. In other words, ICA is a direct route to PR using the LPR scheme. That's why any old job will do. ICA is betting on your degree for you to produce for the country. On the other hand, coming into the country on a Social Visit Pass and getting a job and securing an Employment Pass goes through the MOM. I would assume, if they get the LPR, they would automatically qualify for PR as they already have a job here. I'm not aware of any restrictions but it does sound a little foolish to apply for LPR unless this was done prior to arriving in Singapore.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome is as I've not been able to find any anecdotal evidence for something like this.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:35 pm

Please refer a parallel thread on the same topic which would give us some more ideas

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic69230.html

serve_the_servants
Regular
Regular

Post by serve_the_servants » Thu, 03 Jun 2010 4:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That would be like asking us if we knew the earthquake was going to hit Chile last night. With the tightening up of criteria, it's a gamble. You will probably get it with no problems. However, the next step is the hardest. That is finding a job. The Landed PR (LPR) scheme only gives you a year to find a job. Of course, you can take up any job so that isn't a real problem (I've hired LPR for 1100/mo in order for them to meet that criteria).

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
SMC told me that you have to find a full-time job within 10 months (not 12 months). However, SMC can extend your LPR for another year for S$100. All you have to do is filling out the LPR extension form at SMC.

1985william

LPR singapore

Post by 1985william » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:42 pm

Hi all need a suggestion from you all. I'am thinking of applying for LPR in Singapore. i have done my MBA from there but coz of unfortunate reasons had to come back to India my home country. I have 1 and half years of work experience now in marketing. So can you help me in like telling me that is it really beneficiary to go for LPR? what according to you all could be my chances of getting the approval. and besides this Does LPR really helps one in finding job. because i have gone through various recruiting sites where it is mentioned that they are looking for Singaporeans or PR's does Landed Pr also helps. do recruiters consider Landed PR candidates?

Waiting for your kind reply. thank you

William

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:48 pm

Only after it's approved. Currently, the waiting time for approval (provided you qualify) is around 14 months. Even then it might be a problem as they know you will grab the first job that comes along, just to get the PR issued, and they you will quit as soon as you find what you are looking for. So, yeah, sometimes it's difficult because of your countrymen who came before you.