Singapore Expats

Hong Kong Sevens

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Sophie2103

Hong Kong Sevens

Post by Sophie2103 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 2:36 pm

Hi there, Im looking for people interested to go for the Hong Kong Sevens. Currently, i still do not have any comrades interested. Therefore, If there's anyone interested to travel to Hong Kong for the Sevens, please update. Im still doing my research on the tickets and such.Trying to get the best price combination. Just reply to this thread if you are.
Cheers.
xoxo

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by louy » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:29 am

Only just seen this thread now. Not sure if there has been any developements.
But I will be at HK7s this year. I already got my tickets and flights sorted a few weeks back.

Myrona

Post by Myrona » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:48 pm

I'm interested in going to the HK 7s this year - will be great if you could share your info about costs of tix and accommodation.

Sophie2103

Post by Sophie2103 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 1:31 pm

The tickets online in HongKong has been sold out. Cathay Pacific are still selling them though. Last i checked, for airtics+HK Sevens tics = $788. Prices might have changed. Im still planning my budget for that.
If anyone knows of a cheaper ticket, please share. I dont need the flight. Just need the Rugby tics.
Cheers.

Wellman
Regular
Regular

Post by Wellman » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 1:42 pm

am I need of just a Saturday ticket too. Seen lots of touts online selling them but would like to get two for a cheaper price!

cutio1979

Post by cutio1979 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 2:06 pm

The online tics sell out a couple of hours after they go on sale. You will always find touts selling for the saturday and sunday though so its not too risky just showing up and it will be far cheaper than buying online at an enormous inflated price. Failing that you need to know someone at cathay or credit suisse who sponser the event - they always have a free lottery a couple of weeks before hand and more often than not you can get your hands on tickets!

I already have my flight booked wiyth Sing airlines and you should probably book sooner rather than later. The best deal we got was $500 SGD each. if you can get flights and tickets for $788 BOOK!

Myrona

Post by Myrona » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 2:13 pm

Can you book online with Cathay and/or Singapore Airlines?... tried going to the website but couldn't come to a page to book for the certain HK7s promotion they were having.

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by louy » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 2:51 pm

Online sold out very fast. I was one of the lucky few that managed to get tickets online.
Every year I have been, there has always been touts selling them outside. Although I have never gotten tickets from the touts, my friend who was with us but without tickets did one year. His was cheaper than my ticket as well, so I was pretty annoyed.

I would have just got my tickets of the touts if I failed to by online this year

Simon80

Post by Simon80 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 5:58 pm

I foolishly spent far too much via ebay, however it coincides with my 30th Birthday so was pretty desperate to ensure I had tickets sorted. If anyone wants to meet up for beers whilst out there or before I'll be in pretty festive spirits.

If anyone has any tips on good accommodation then they would come in useful.

Cheers,

Simon