Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CabinCrewKristine

Post by CabinCrewKristine » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:38 pm

hui xia wrote:I wana be a cabin crew but I am already 22 this year. Next year will b 23.
is it too late???

what kinda girls do they usualli go for???
- 23 is not too late to apply to be a cabin crew. I would like to think 23 as a good age to apply..

As for looks wise, no.. they dun usually go for the most beautiful... and i would go along the guideline whereby as long as you are decent looking and have that "people's person" personality... you stand a very high chance.

They dun look for ice queen and there is a little secret why most stewardess looks pretty, its their smile and confidence... try comparing a seasoned stewardess and with an sny or new crew... you'll see the diff =P

sometimes, it also depends on the flight you are taking... I guess that's is the reason for the mix opinion...

- Cabin Crew = air stewardess or air steward, no difference. If SIA is looking specifically for stewardess, they will state in their website, if they are looking for both, they will also state in their website.
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:53 pm

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
- 23 is not too late to apply to be a cabin crew. I would like to think 23 as a good age to apply..

sometimes, it also depends on the flight you are taking... I guess that's is the reason for the mix opinion....
Yes. 23 is an ideal age! anyhows, when you're on board you'll be called ah boy or ah girl if you're really young luh.. so it doesnt matter.. i have frens that got in at 29..

and i so totally agree with the *which flight we are taking part*..

Good luck to everyone!

tangerinetofu

Post by tangerinetofu » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 7:40 pm

dydy wrote:I'm so happy to receive an email from SIA today!

Was shortlisted for an interview at STC on Friday because I can't make it on 20th march.

Anyone heading there too?? :shock:
hey babe, can I ask what time is your interview and what do you have to bring??
One day, I will fly away.

dydy

Post by dydy » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 8:12 pm

hey babe, can I ask what time is your interview and what do you have to bring??[/quote]

Hello! (:
The timeslot is at 9.15am on friday, and documents should be as per all other interviews: originals educational certs, birth cert, IC, application form etc.

so excited! Gosh. :shock:

barney88

Post by barney88 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:33 pm

hello!
i tried to write in and i haven't yet any reply yet.
dydy, what did you attach in the email? only application form?

dydy

Post by dydy » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 9:53 am

barney88 wrote:hello!
i tried to write in and i haven't yet any reply yet.
dydy, what did you attach in the email? only application form?
Hihi Barney! :D Though I doubt that's your real name, haha.

I wrote in on 12 Feb, and attached only a scanned copy of my application form & a separate photo of myself.

I wonder if many people wrote in & if the selection procedure is the same as Walk-ins.

Anyone knows? :wink:

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:20 pm

hey guys! i sent in my application form via email yesterday and got an email this morning asking me to come for an interview at the SIA training centre at 9.30am.

but they did not highlight what documents are needed. jst checking, do we have to reprint the application form again or something? and yeahhh i wonder how the crowd will be like.

dydy

Post by dydy » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 1:09 pm

crunkbabee wrote:hey guys! i sent in my application form via email yesterday and got an email this morning asking me to come for an interview at the SIA training centre at 9.30am.

but they did not highlight what documents are needed. jst checking, do we have to reprint the application form again or something? and yeahhh i wonder how the crowd will be like.
Wow! SIA responded you fast! (:

I actually scanned a copy of my application form, so I still have the original with me.

What's your date for the interview? :D

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 1:19 pm

dydy wrote:
crunkbabee wrote:hey guys! i sent in my application form via email yesterday and got an email this morning asking me to come for an interview at the SIA training centre at 9.30am.

Wow! SIA responded you fast! (:

I actually scanned a copy of my application form, so I still have the original with me.

What's your date for the interview? :D
hey dydy! yeah i guess im lucky, was crossing my fingers cus i cant attend the 20th march interview. I guess I'll jst print a cpy of the application form that i sent them.

Oh i'm scheduled for an interview this Friay, 26th Feb. You too? But mines at 9.30am. I intend to reach STC earlier though hehe

gloomy

Post by gloomy » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 7:31 pm

Hi dydy and crunkbabee,

Are you applying for SIA for the first time? Thanks

dydy

Post by dydy » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 9:50 am

gloomy wrote:Hi dydy and crunkbabee,

Hey gloomy! Don't be gloomy okay, (:

Nope, this will be my 3rd try.
My first was at Suntec & got booted at 1-to-1.
Second try at Sheraton & was out at round 1. :D

Haha!

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:03 am

hey gloomy! yep it is! was planning on going for the interview at suntec bt that morning i heard the crows was crazyyyy so i decided nt to go. so, this friday would be my first! are you going too? :)

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:45 am

dydy wrote:

Hi guys!!
I've received their invitation too which is tomorrow!!
U going??
But mine is at 9.00am,omg tat early!!

I didnt expected so much as i only hold a private diploma and attained less than 5 credits of O levels, thought i'm not qualify as i heard that Sq is really strict in terms of qualification.
They responsed real quick as i have just submitted my application few days ago.Didnt expected to get a reply from them as i have never attend to any Sq interview before.
Kinda scary plus curious.
So much preparation need to do too and time is running fast :P

dr3ams88

Post by dr3ams88 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:07 pm

hello!
can i check if anyone knows in general, how long later will the training start after the first interview?

thank you so much!

wanderwanderlust

Post by wanderwanderlust » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:27 pm

I also got my invite!
Interview at 9.30am tmr!

Will be seeing you girls! :D