Singapore Expats

Flights to Manila

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
hbw65
Regular
Regular

Flights to Manila

Post by hbw65 » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 8:51 am

Are the cheapest flights to Manila on Cebu Airways? I heard Tiger Air is cheap, but let's you off in a different part of Manila - not central.

nakatago

Re: Flights to Manila

Post by nakatago » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 9:12 am

hbw65 wrote:Are the cheapest flights to Manila on Cebu Airways? I heard Tiger Air is cheap, but let's you off in a different part of Manila - not central.
Tiger Airways uses the airport in Clark, Pampanga, a province 2-3 hours away (maybe more, depending on traffic conditions) from Manila. I think they have a shuttle service to/from Clark; you'll have to check with them. Cebu Pacific also has flights there. Save the distance, it's sometimes less troublesome to use that airport because of the small number of flights there and quicker access to destinations north of Manila.

If you want Manila, you may also want to look into JetStar or even Philippine Airlines or Singapore Airlines (yeah, I know). Depending on the time of the year, Cebu Pacific tickets become expensive such that you're better off NOT using a budget airline anyway.

Where are you headed? Sometimes, it's better to use Clark.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

hbw65
Regular
Regular

Post by hbw65 » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:44 am

Thank you for the info! We are just heading straight to Manila. Jetstar had the best price compared to Cebu Pacific. Thanks for the reco!

kuting

Post by kuting » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 6:06 pm

hbw65 wrote:Thank you for the info! We are just heading straight to Manila. Jetstar had the best price compared to Cebu Pacific. Thanks for the reco!
There's ongoing promotion for Cebu Pacific airlines, June to December flight.
Seize the day!