Singapore Expats

EPEC and Landing PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SpringBizkit

EPEC and Landing PR

Post by SpringBizkit » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 5:42 pm

Well i'm currently not in SG but i graduated from there after studying there for 2 years, and was wondering why whenever i sign up for the EPEC they never have a section for me to upload any of my documents.
i graduated from an aussie uni that has a campus in singapore, so i applied saying that my uni was from australia, and i did a distance learning.. (should i have done full time learning instead?) also, don't have skilled migrant worker visa.. so.. no chances for EPEC huh?
So still nothing from them, and i recently heard about this
Landing PR from SMC. paying around 800/1500 to get a 1 year visa to work in singapore, and once you get a job, you instantly get PR status in Singapore for 5 years.. seriously?! i've looked it up but i'm hoping it's not some sort of scam..
Well could use some advice on the two, been hunting since october with a sent resume count at over 700.. could use any help i can get!
thanks a lot! :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 5:57 pm

Yes, LPR (Landed Permanent Residence) is an option, provided you qualify for it. Your degree has to be from an approved institution though.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers