Singapore Expats

Visa Run FROM Singapore requirements

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
UKGal

Visa Run FROM Singapore requirements

Post by UKGal » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 5:11 pm

Hi,

I'm currently here on a 90 day Tourist Visa/Social Visit Pass, my second in succession but I need to get a new one in March.

I'm only on this visa as my partner is on an S-Pass so I can't get a dependancy pass & I'm still looking for employment.

Does anyone know how many 90 day tourist visas one can get in succession & whether I need to be out of the country for a minimum number of days to be allowed re-entry?

(From the UK)

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 5:41 pm

I'm guessing 5 days. But the ICA moves in mysterious ways. You could waltz out and right back in or you could be allow back in with only 3 days SVP. Frankly, I don't know. Let us know what happens as it's only anecdotal evidence we have to go on.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Visa Run FROM Singa?? Requirements

Post by ksl » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:14 pm

UKGal wrote:Hi,

I'm currently here on a 90 day Tourist Visa/Social Visit Pass, my second in succession but I need to get a new one in March.

I'm only on this visa as my partner is on an S-Pass so I can't get a dependancy pass & I'm still looking for employment.

Does anyone know how many 90 day tourist visas one can get in succession & whether I need to be out of the country for a minimum number of days to be allowed re-entry?

(From the UK)

Thanks
Why haven't you tried for the LTVSP you need to document you have been in a relationship, before arriving! do a search on here, there is plenty of people in the same boat! Though the boyfriend must be in the income bracket to show he can support you as far as I know.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 9:22 am

ksl wrote:Why haven't you tried for the LTVSP you need to document you have been in a relationship, before arriving! do a search on here, there is plenty of people in the same boat! Though the boyfriend must be in the income bracket to show he can support you as far as I know.
I doubt they can get an LTSVP if the partner is here on an S-Pass...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:45 pm

jpatokal wrote:
ksl wrote:Why haven't you tried for the LTVSP you need to document you have been in a relationship, before arriving! do a search on here, there is plenty of people in the same boat! Though the boyfriend must be in the income bracket to show he can support you as far as I know.
I doubt they can get an LTSVP if the partner is here on an S-Pass...
I've heard that if the S pass holder is earning 2500$ a month, they will allow dependants, though she should check this out with ICA.
Though $1800 and below 2500$ dependants not allowed. Technically speaking you are right, S pass holders are not allowed dependants.
Last edited by ksl on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 1:20 pm

I have been told it's more based on sufficient income to support the dependant, As some people have the skills to earn above the threshold but no degree to qualify for EP.
Though $1800 and below 2500$ dependants not allowed so it's worth checking with the workers controller