Singapore Expats

PEP (Personalised Employment Pass)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:58 am

singtech, you mean with all your rambling and ranting you haven't bothered to go the the MOM site and read about the PEP yet. #-o ](*,)

The government here doesn't need the kind of person who doesn't even bother to read the relevant website information. You would just lower the gene pool further than where it already is.

The following is taken directly from the MOM site - please note it's the very first point. :roll:
Features of Personalised Employment Pass Scheme

1. Eligibility

The following groups of foreigners will be eligible for a PEP:

Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
• The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... _pass.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singtech

Post by singtech » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 4:16 am

Hi All,

No comments further.. Share some of your experiences if you are on PEP Visa.

SingTech

AngMohForeignTalent

Post by AngMohForeignTalent » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 8:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
AngMohForeignTalent wrote:
singtech wrote:Meaning, Person having PEP can apply for SPR. Am i right?
Yes.
So, if the guy has been on a PEP for 6 months and hasn't been working at all since he got his PEP, he can still apply for and get SPR. Do I understand you correctly?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for SPR if you are on PEP. The normal requirements apply. Like having a job.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 05 Mar 2010 9:23 pm

AngMohForeignTalent wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
AngMohForeignTalent wrote: Yes.
So, if the guy has been on a PEP for 6 months and hasn't been working at all since he got his PEP, he can still apply for and get SPR. Do I understand you correctly?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for SPR if you are on PEP. The normal requirements apply. Like having a job.
But if he does not get a job by the time he gets his PR then he will lose it. This is because he will be asked to furnish salary slips of last few months (3 i think).

Could help to read the conditions and procedure in great detail.