Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

asdf

Post by missfoxxxy » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 7:53 am

Blissful09 wrote:missfoxxy

which emthod did u do? rib or ear? hmm it if STABBINGLY?LOL painful mayeb u should worry a bit (but dont overdo it lol) cuz mine didnt hurt that much (well again yea everyones pain is different) there were 2 days were SCARYINGLY i felt the cuts ( i got alar done so it was open surgery) like the bottom of my nose.. i actually felt the cuts.. and damn was it scary... when u feel the bottom of your cuts u start to imgine things.. and then i was like "OH time for my medication!!" lol.. a few pain killers and stuff and u should be okay again =) (btw are u taking 12 pills a day? the doctor should give u lots of pills take 4 pills, 3 times a day)
silitex implants and ear cartilage for tip under LA. I still can talk cock to Dr Kao all the way through and they had to sedate me again. hahahaha.

yeah the first 2 days were absolute HELL, now's the 3rd day so it's better, yay!! (: whaddya mean you "felt the cuts"? how can you feel them?!

Dr Kao gave me huge bags of pills but I haven't been eating them as dutifully as I should. I'm like lazy to go down and buy water lah. so like, I can't eat the pills & I'm kinda screwed cause I'm maybe 3 pills behind time. hahaha. okok, will go take some now .. looks like your guilt trip worked. hahaha.

how's your nose doing anyway bliss? (:

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 9:53 am

OMG u were under local??!?!?!?!? U BRAVE SOUL!!!
but i remember u dont wannabe super deep asleep and u wanted to be aware of everything right? u mean ur nose was painful during the process or AFTER?
i wanted to get my eyes done but afraid of Local. General is like cuz a scary burning stinging sensation for ...5-10 seconds in ur arm before u pass out. What does local feel like??????

Anyways what i meant to say was you know when u get a REALLY bad paper cut on your finger? Its like that but 10x more painful and i felt it around my nose... (the inside was fine it was only the outside) but after he remove the stitches i never got that scary "cutting" feeling again. and it probably was cuz i was tring to avoid my pills lol... (I HATE TAKING PILLS)

my nose is doing fine lol it looks quite nice under certain lightings.. (like the dark LOL) u know dim light? Cuz under bright light i get this HUGEEE line of shine down my nose which makes it look super highlighted. And i cant powder my nose cuz its all like flakey and peeling. Front view and side profile looks good, but my 45 degree angle looks a bit odd also when i smile.. i still look like some sort of bird. There is still something awkward about my nose i cant really put my finger on it.. im hoping it just cuz it needs to heal some more and it will look less weird? Im at 2 and a bit months now.

ALSO WHICH SCAR CREAM IS EVERYONE USING? the whole time i thought i was applying scar cream.. it turn out to be ointment instead :o i think the first 3 months of a deep fresh scar is very crucial to apply it asap! Someone help?? PS. funny in school today we learn that Vitamin E is proven to be BS when it comes to "healing scars" studies and test proved it.

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

asdf

Post by missfoxxxy » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:03 am

Blissful09 wrote:OMG u were under local??!?!?!?!? U BRAVE SOUL!!!
but i remember u dont wannabe super deep asleep and u wanted to be aware of everything right? u mean ur nose was painful during the process or AFTER?
i wanted to get my eyes done but afraid of Local. General is like cuz a scary burning stinging sensation for ...5-10 seconds in ur arm before u pass out. What does local feel like??????

Anyways what i meant to say was you know when u get a REALLY bad paper cut on your finger? Its like that but 10x more painful and i felt it around my nose... (the inside was fine it was only the outside) but after he remove the stitches i never got that scary "cutting" feeling again. and it probably was cuz i was tring to avoid my pills lol... (I HATE TAKING PILLS)

my nose is doing fine lol it looks quite nice under certain lightings.. (like the dark LOL) u know dim light? Cuz under bright light i get this HUGEEE line of shine down my nose which makes it look super highlighted. And i cant powder my nose cuz its all like flakey and peeling. Front view and side profile looks good, but my 45 degree angle looks a bit odd also when i smile.. i still look like some sort of bird. There is still something awkward about my nose i cant really put my finger on it.. im hoping it just cuz it needs to heal some more and it will look less weird? Im at 2 and a bit months now.
I'm a super brave soul I know ;)

Though brave or broke I can't decide. hahaha. My nose was painful AFTER lah, during was okay cause alot of LA. got the woodpecker feeling. hahaha. when I bend over. &I don't understand what you mean by a cutting feeling leh darls, I haven't really gotten a bad papercut before. hahah.

Anyway I suggest you just powder it. I have super sensitive skin that flakes like ALL the time, just dump some moisturiser on it and pile on the powder, think that will help!! (:

How long will it take before it stops hurting and how long before it looks normal ah? Whaddya mean odd? DON'T SCARE ME!!! Now I damn scared to take off the splint &it's All. Your. Fault!! *pout.

nosecraze
Regular
Regular

Post by nosecraze » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 1:09 pm

Hi babe, im using Dermatix for the lightening of scars. Bought it cheap though, I think taiwan selling it for 97bucks or smth.

I went under LOCAL as well, didnt hurt at all. I was also talking and laughing too, they didnt manage to sedate me at all! I think because im an alcoholic somewhat! haha.
the only thing that hurt was when he injected my ear. haha

missuglynose

Post by missuglynose » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 4:04 pm

Day 25
The little bumps around my scar are still there, but I *think* they're less noticeable now. My nose still itches at times, but it's gotten better too. Swelling went down TREMENDOUSLY over the past few days. Got me worring about absorption now, but I'll have to wait for >3 months to find out for sure. Fingers crossed!

Most of my relatives didn't notice anything (or if they did they didn't say anything :roll: ), so I didn't get any comments, except from my 13 year old cousin, heheh. I've been going about with as little makeup as possible to avoid drawing attention to my new features :P

One of my distant relatives whom I haven't seen in AGES (>10 years) commented that I look really pretty, like a Taiwanese artiste, LOL. People are more perceptive than they give themselves credit for, hahaha (refering the Taiwanese bit).

I've been using Heparinoid ointment (got this for free from the place I did my eyes :cool:) on both my eyelid and alar scars. It comes in a generous 15g tube (like a tube of eye cream), and I've got 2 tubes, woot!

Eyes:
I was advised to use a pea sized amount on each eye, massaging gently but firmly in a horizontal motion with my finger, from inner to outer eyelid.

Nose:
I use a pea sized amount on each side, applying evenly around the scar and massaging it with my ring finger in up --> down strokes, paying extra attention to where the scarring is. Since mine was an open surgery, I apply some to the base of my septum as well.

Observations:
I started applying the ointment on the 12th of February (1 month post eyelid surgery, 3 weeks post rhinoplasty). Both my mum and boyfriend commented that the swelling has gone down significantly over the past few days, so I think it's really effective? Apparently my features look very natural now, and my nose is not too pointy anymore :) The tip is still stiff of course, and I can feel the areas where it's still swollen.

All in all, I think my nose will look really natural and cute once the swelling subsides, provided there is NO ABSORPTION. I'm praying super hard that it won't happen!

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 4:20 pm

nosecraze
ahh thank u so much!!! does it work well for you? 97$ Or $97singapore or USD? $97 is it from watson? Ive been looking at dr hsu's site and seeing how there scars are sooo white and mine is sooo red/purple!! Even that picture of a girl lifting her short and u can see her rib scar.. it looks much healed and white compared to mine...

missfoxxxy
Lol i dont think we both understand each other hahah, dont worry the cutting feeling is not the type of feeling u wanna feel under your nose! i hate paper cuts im surprise u never had a bad one before! It feels very sharp and stinging sensation. So in Local u were aware? I dont get "woodpecking" lol so it feels u for some bird hammering its beak into your nose?! hahaha oh remember i told u your nose will go through a gross stage? With dryness/oiliness (ya seriously its sooo weird) and blackheads and whiteheads.. its sooo gross, luckily i bought a good nose kit from taiwan (DO NOT USE NOSE STRIPS OMG) Oh ya.. your nose will absorb until2 months

missuglynose
Hey girl, have i showed u my pic on msn? im not sure if i did, how did your boyfriend react to the new you? My boyfriend often tells me " =( i miss you..." cuz he thinks i was cuter before... my nose is indeed better now.. but its strange i suited a flatter nose not a high one. How was your feeling with local? u remember everything.. did u see blood? whats the feeling like (pls describe) oh ya.. u guys get a needle shot where to put u into "local" state, same as GA right? but u just stay awake? I thought they put it inthe eye and a tube down your mouth.. so its painful?

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Tue, 16 Feb 2010 4:58 pm

About CNY,

ppl asked me if I did anything (I got asked eyelid surg or botox) or lost alot of weight,

But oddly they couldn't think of nose.

I told them I lost weight and pasted fake lashies :)

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:06 pm

Hi,

I bumped onto this Taiwanese forum and saw a thread started by pretty young girl and her album on her rhino, double eye lids and epi done by Charm Cosmetic Clinic.

So nice... I want to do my eyes too... Anyone? [-o<

http://www.wretch.cc/album/album.php?id=momowewe&book=5
Password: GOGOGO

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:28 pm

Hoping to be spared toxicity, here I gingerly update my progress at two months.

I have to say that my eyes are better by 20%, but they are still quite a misfortune. I don't expect much improvement anymore. I have been having a lot of rest, and taking lots of anti-inflammatories. Definitely, who would want a bad outcome as a patient? But I would have to admit that, the outcome is not as expected.

However, as certain doctors are negligent and/or have poor patient communication, things can easily happen. As mentioned before, I believe that doctors have to earn respect. There are definitely quite a few scapegoats in the medical community. Thus my advice to everyone is to be careful which surgeon you choose.

Surgeons have a high average pay of $36500 ( MOM wage survey, 2008 ) per month, and probably in blind pursuit of cash, they have lost sense of the virtues of patient communication and, respect, and care.

Regardless of surgery, medicine or even lower-paying fields like engineering and science, I believe it is important for one to be responsible for any mistake made. More importantly for medicine, as it concerns with the body and soul. Dr chuang has said that he would take responsibility, and for that, I will see how it goes.

As a recap, I pointed out some points of unhappiness. First, hollowness. Second, asymmetry. Third, scarring. and Fourth, epi over-correction. Fifth, not parallel eyelids as I requested.

1) Hollowness - My eyes are still hollow, I hope they get better soon as the surgeon has said.

2) Asymmetry - My Right eye is still longer. However, my crease is rougly symmetrical.

3) Scarring - Scarring is still poor on my Right eye epi. Both eyes eyelid line scar have resolved uneventfully.

4) Epi - My epi is still over-corrected, there is no improvement at all. As confirmed by photograph and obervations. I hope it does get better. This is the most affecting part of the whole ordeal.

5) Flared eyelids - Yes, my eyelids are still not parallel. It seems to have improved 10% though to look more parallel.

At this juncture, I just hope for the best, and not let this dampen my spirit for a new tigerous year with lots of medical studies :) Medicine is my passion, and I will not let anything destroy it.

My surgeon as dr chuang of wishclinic, and at this juncture, I discourage newcomers from visiting him, unless there is no other choice. My eyes at the moment I rate it as 0/10 because no surgical objectives were met.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 4:09 am

OMGGGGGGGG jealous!!!!!!!!!!!
She looks soooo insanely good!!!!!! ohh she used angelbaby as her preference in looks, wowowowow i hope the docs speak english.
Which taiwanese forum is this that u found her album???????

thanks for introducing us to a new potentially good doc

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

asdf

Post by missfoxxxy » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 2:02 pm

guys sorry gotta make this quick cause i'm in a cybercafe (my new hotel doesn't have internet)

where can i find dermatix in tw?

thanks!!

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

asdf

Post by missfoxxxy » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 2:27 pm

OMG AND I CAN'T CONTACT DR KAO!!!!

FML!!!!

I'm stuck with stitches in my nose and I have to fly back in approx 48 hours!!! ): ): ):

And does anyone know if I can use saline ot wash my nose?

TIA <3 <3 <3

missuglynose

Re: asdf

Post by missuglynose » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 7:48 pm

Blissful09 wrote: missuglynose
Hey girl, have i showed u my pic on msn? im not sure if i did, how did your boyfriend react to the new you? My boyfriend often tells me " =( i miss you..." cuz he thinks i was cuter before... my nose is indeed better now.. but its strange i suited a flatter nose not a high one. How was your feeling with local? u remember everything.. did u see blood? whats the feeling like (pls describe) oh ya.. u guys get a needle shot where to put u into "local" state, same as GA right? but u just stay awake? I thought they put it inthe eye and a tube down your mouth.. so its painful?
Heya, nope I don't think so. OMG please come online and show me!

My bf had to adjust to my then still-swollen nose and eyelids. He's been more impatient than I have, always asking when the swelling will go down :? At one point, he commented that I looked like a bird and I just lashed out at him :mad: Now that the swelling has gone down and I look almost normal again he hasn't really said much. I don't think I look that different, and that the changes were rather subtle.

I was under LA for both my nose and eye surgeries, but fully sedated for nose. They gave me a shot to put me to sleep, and then they injected the anaesthetic but I was KO-ed so obviously I didn't feel anything.

For the eyes, the injection wasn't painful and I was awake throughout the surgery but it was quick and the doctor was gentle and reassuring. No pain at all.
missfoxxxy wrote:OMG AND I CAN'T CONTACT DR KAO!!!!

FML!!!!

I'm stuck with stitches in my nose and I have to fly back in approx 48 hours!!! ): ): ):

And does anyone know if I can use saline ot wash my nose?

TIA <3 <3 <3
Yeap, you can use saline + cotton buds to clean your nose.

Update: I just uploaded my first pictures with makeup on from my camera and OMG I love my new nose! Despite the slight asymetry and swelling still, it fits nicely in proportion to the rest of my features. My only regret is not asking for a higher bridge, but the current one that Dr. Hsu did for me looks nice as it is.
Last edited by missuglynose on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 9:42 pm

missuglynose (I feel uncomfy calling you that)

You look very fabulous!! Its very subtle in the sense that you still look yourself but your features are so much sharper now :D I lovee your hair too hehe

My swelling is still there :( even though I got surgery around same time as you...

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:12 pm

Blissful09 wrote:OMGGGGGGGG jealous!!!!!!!!!!!
She looks soooo insanely good!!!!!! ohh she used angelbaby as her preference in looks, wowowowow i hope the docs speak english.
Which taiwanese forum is this that u found her album???????

thanks for introducing us to a new potentially good doc
You are welcome. :oops:

After seeing boii's bad experience, I was wondering if I am a Taiwanese, where will I go for plastic surgery??? Then I start to search using Chinese characters and found this forum. :)

http://www.fashionguide.com.tw/CateL/07 ... ml#cateTop

I am really tempted to go, can ask me along if anyone going? I am a Chinese. :D