Singapore Expats

Processing time for PR after confirmation from ICA?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
RW

Processing time for PR after confirmation from ICA?

Post by RW » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 8:32 pm

Hi

Does anyone know how long the processing and procedure time is after my PR application has been approved by ICA?

What I am interested to know is how long does it take before one is legally a PR once the confirmation letter from ICA is in the mailbox?

Also, what exactly is the procedure and requirements after I receive the letter?

Thanks

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Processing time for PR after confirmation from ICA?

Post by Splatted » Sat, 06 Feb 2010 1:39 pm

RW wrote: Also, what exactly is the procedure and requirements after I receive the letter?

Thanks
Very fast... Wait for the letter. It explains everything, but, personally speaking my PR was conditional on passing a general health examination. That took me another month before I got my blood pressure down to an 'acceptable' level under medication.

Other than this, it took about 4 or 5 hours in total at ICA.

RW

Post by RW » Sun, 07 Feb 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Splatted

From your experience once you receive the letter were you required to fix an appointment with ICA to go through the formalities and pick up the PR or did they give you a date when to appear there? Also, how long after you received the latter was your appointment?

I understand that there is another form the employer will have to fill in for you which one has to pass to the ICA officer? Is the employer supposed to submit this to them or is one to bring this along for the appointment?

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sun, 07 Feb 2010 3:44 pm

RW wrote:Thanks for the reply Splatted

From your experience once you receive the letter were you required to fix an appointment with ICA to go through the formalities and pick up the PR or did they give you a date when to appear there? Also, how long after you received the latter was your appointment?

I understand that there is another form the employer will have to fill in for you which one has to pass to the ICA officer? Is the employer supposed to submit this to them or is one to bring this along for the appointment?
No appointment. First come first served, so the earlier you get there in the morning, the earlier you will leave.

Not sure about forms your employer has to fill out, as I got my PR was via spouse, rather than employment. But rest assured, everything will be explained clearly in the letter you receive.

RW

Post by RW » Sun, 07 Feb 2010 5:42 pm

It used to be that one could just go to the ICA office an apply for PR by just getting a number and wait. This has recently changed where the applicant has to book an appointment first via their webpage. The earliest available slots are usulally three months away.

They seem to handel it the same now for successful applicats since in the dropdowm menue in the below link there is a field for “Completion of Formalities for Successful Applicants:

https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg/ibook/index.do

I hope that there isn’t another three months waiting time for this!

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sun, 07 Feb 2010 8:32 pm

RW wrote:It used to be that one could just go to the ICA office an apply for PR by just getting a number and wait. This has recently changed where the applicant has to book an appointment first via their webpage. !
Not sure about this. How do you know you can't walk in and take a number any more?

If that's the case, then I guess the info I gave you is outdated.

kittikani

Post by kittikani » Mon, 15 Feb 2010 4:42 pm

I received my PR last year and had to book an appointment online, even then, I had about 2 hours wait before my queue number was called. So just be prepared to wait a little. If you have all your documents in order, then it will be a little time consuming but hassle-free process.