Singapore Expats

Cleaning Service?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Cleaning Service?

Post by Blue Sapphire » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 3:35 pm

Can anyone recommend a cleaning service company? Perhaps one that you are currently using and happy with them. One that is reliable and provides good service for cleaning my home.

Not interested in freelancers. I've had enough of the cleaners not showing up and giving bad excuses.

I've looked through all this classifieds etc. Searched through the forum but didn't really find enough recommendations. I've seen the websites of a few companies like Mrs Sparkles, Care Xpress, Wipes IT etc. They all seem to be equally the same with around the same fees and provides the same services. No idea how good their service are so some recommendations would be very helpful!

hagar

Re: Cleaning Service?

Post by hagar » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 9:55 pm

Blue Sapphire wrote:Can anyone recommend a cleaning service company? Perhaps one that you are currently using and happy with them. One that is reliable and provides good service for cleaning my home.

Not interested in freelancers. I've had enough of the cleaners not showing up and giving bad excuses.

I've looked through all this classifieds etc. Searched through the forum but didn't really find enough recommendations. I've seen the websites of a few companies like Mrs Sparkles, Care Xpress, Wipes IT etc. They all seem to be equally the same with around the same fees and provides the same services. No idea how good their service are so some recommendations would be very helpful!
We use Mrs Sparkles - any problems or special requests we email the company and the next week its fixed. Works well for us.

missyselfridge

Re: Cleaning Service?

Post by missyselfridge » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 2:11 am

Blue Sapphire wrote:Can anyone recommend a cleaning service company? Perhaps one that you are currently using and happy with them. One that is reliable and provides good service for cleaning my home.

Try CleanHomes, good service and reasonable rates.

smurph

Post by smurph » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:39 am

I use Mrs Sparkles, the maid does my cleaning and ironing 4 hours a week. I find their service very good.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 5:50 pm

I've just tried Care Xpress. They have this 1 hour cleaning with 3 cleaners. The cleaners look like they are from mainland China. They came through the door looking like they were dragged to my place.

They use their own vacuum, cloths and cleaning solutions. I found $75 per hour very expensive. And since they were racing through my place to complete cleaning in an hour I doubt their cleaning quality.

I called Mrs Sparkle but the lady on the phone sounded like I was disturbing her. I didnt feel like I wanted to deal with someone like that if I had an issue. Are they really that good? Are their cleaners locals?

smurph

Post by smurph » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:26 am

go to their website and email them, they always reply promptly, in perfect english. Their staff are local and very efficient.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:18 pm

Always have a smile on that face!

teeoff

cleaning service

Post by teeoff » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 4:45 pm

i used to use this company ecoverve and the person in charge was a gem. you would not believe this guy knows what he is doing. he looks about 25 but he has been working for shangri la before he came out on his own. that's what i call, 5Star service quality. i got my maid as i had a new born baby coming. i have seen many "cowboy" companies out there who can promise you the sky but when it comes to delivery,nothing beats what i have seen with this guy.