Singapore Expats

Ladies, who wishes to participate in photo session?

Find your sports & recreational partners & Teams here.
nakatago

Ladies, who wishes to participate in photo session?

Post by nakatago » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 4:54 pm

Mista LA wrote:Hi, everyone! My name is Leonid. I’m a Russian photographer currently upgrading my portfolio and looking for inspiration!

I invite females to be my muses! I will not provide you with money, but you’ll get free pictures and pleasant pastime.

I will choose only those who match with me. Please, don't be offended :)
* Don't advertise here; advertise in the classifieds.
* Search for "club snap" in your favorite search engine. They have a dedicated forum for photographers and models to arrange photoshoots.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Mista LA

Post by Mista LA » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 5:01 pm

As far as I understand, if I searched for people to drink together it wouldn't be an advertisment...
I just want to find someone interesting to me...

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 5:03 pm

As a semi pro photographer with work published myself (I like having a hobby that pays!) they have some nice shots. All he "seemed" to be asking for was models, after all - and it wasn't a commercial offer.

Perhaps one of the mods would prefer to move the OP to one of the commercial parts of the board?

[Edit: and no photographer who respects their work uses Club Snap - at least not in my opinion. Ever had your pictures stolen or re-used? I have :)]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 5:09 pm

If you are "upgrading your portfolio" then that generally means you are taking photos, ultimately, for commercial gain. Therefore you are advertising. Sorry. It goes.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mista LA

Post by Mista LA » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 5:39 pm

commercial gain...I can't prove anything about that... I want to find friends here, I don't have a lot in Singapore. Because of my photo interest, I've made 'a filter' on my search... I exposed myself by showing the pictures, which include my perception of reality, which would help females or even interesting males to understand me... maybe i should've chosen another words in oder not to make it advert like...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 5:58 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:[Edit: and no photographer who respects their work uses Club Snap - at least not in my opinion. Ever had your pictures stolen or re-used? I have :)]
That happens over there? Hmmm. I guess my gut feeling was right about not dipping my feet in the waters there. I've always felt that something was 'off.' I only go there if I'm looking to buy second hand camera gear.

@OP: You could always post stating things differently. People have been known to post 'gatherings' that seemed like but aren't really advertisements.

Also, there's a near-dead photography buddies thread in here somewhere. I've participated in that...but it ended up only two of us
showing up. You know the drill, people posting they're interesting but when it's time to show up, all sorts of reasons not to attend pop-up.

On the flipside, there are weekly gatherings that were initiated here. Your mileage may vary, so good luck.

PS: Count how many times I've used the word 'up' :P

PPS: Any attractive females want to get their pics ta---nah....

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 6:29 pm

nakatago - not just "here" - but generally on the Internet. If you have good work, and do not protect it with watermarks these days, then places like ClubSnap, Flickr, etc are pretty poor at protecting your rights. I guess you've never sold any of your own photos? No disrespect meant.

There are photo clubs in Singapore but not usually done on this forum.

That being said, I posted last year about photo studios, and I might repost to see if someone would like to share the cost. And no, if you are prepared to pay for the model, and agree to do a small portfolio for them, FOC, and have a proper legal agreement that you show them first, then models will show.

Some of us make a nice little earner on the side for photography, so rather than acting like some form of Forum Police, I'd suggest seeing what everyone else says. I did suggest to the mods to move the thread to commercial as you can see, and SMS has put the warning out.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 7:16 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:nakatago - not just "here" - but generally on the Internet. If you have good work, and do not protect it with watermarks these days, then places like ClubSnap, Flickr, etc are pretty poor at protecting your rights. I guess you've never sold any of your own photos? No disrespect meant.
Seen my photo in a message board. Didn't bother me. I never bothered selling and no one bothered buying. I don't feel I'm good enough.
sierra2469alpha wrote: There are photo clubs in Singapore but not usually done on this forum.

That being said, I posted last year about photo studios, and I might repost to see if someone would like to share the cost. And no, if you are prepared to pay for the model, and agree to do a small portfolio for them, FOC, and have a proper legal agreement that you show them first, then models will show.

Some of us make a nice little earner on the side for photography, so rather than acting like some form of Forum Police, I'd suggest seeing what everyone else says. I did suggest to the mods to move the thread to commercial as you can see, and SMS has put the warning out.
Whoa. Chill, man. I'm obviously way over my head here so I'm backing out. Just sharing... :-|

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 8:18 am

nakatago - no it's cool - just pointing out what I've found to be the case with models particularly those who want to build a portfolio. They often are hapy to do the work simply so they can then pick the shots they want for their portfolio for free. With some places charging $3000+ for a portfolio, it works out well for model and serious amateur alike!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 8:23 am

sierra2469alpha wrote: With some places charging $3000+ for a portfolio!
holy shi---

time to step up the game!

PS: as of this post, my post count is 0x200...

Mr2010

Post by Mr2010 » Mon, 01 Feb 2010 6:54 pm

As a photographer, you should respect others if you expect other to respect you likewise.

You've been informed of "ClubSnap" and I think you should give it a try!

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:06 pm

i liked that picture with the helmet and balloon. :) nice one

Maytinee

Post by Maytinee » Sun, 11 Apr 2010 5:46 pm

i just looked at your portfolio.. really cool pic!

mahjong98

Hi Leonid

Post by mahjong98 » Tue, 25 May 2010 2:18 pm

Hi Leonid,

the photos look really great. Would like to discuss further with you. How do we contact you?

:)

Mista LA

Post by Mista LA » Tue, 25 May 2010 5:37 pm