Singapore Expats

GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaroonie » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:46 am

Vacluse mate you are SO FUNNY! :lol:

fortmax777

Post by fortmax777 » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 5:53 pm

What I used to do when I drove in Sg:

1. Put two video cameras in your car - one in front, one behind. They are pretty samll these days making it a lot easier.

2. Anyone tailgate you or cut you off aggressively take note of time date, licence plate and location.

3. Write complain to TP and attach evidence.

Usually TP will respond in writing saying that they have contacted the offender and will take further action from there.

That will make such people scared cause they don't know if the car they are messing around with are recording their actions queitly.

irvine
Chatter
Chatter

Post by irvine » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 4:26 pm

Just be careful yourself when riding a bike. Keep some distance and no point 'competing' in the traffic with them drivers. Driving 5 or 10 km/hr slower works too to achieve optimal speed for your journey.

The problem with many drivers is that they tend to always be in a hurry and don't want to lose out to other cars on the road. Enough said.

mrHomeLook

Re: GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY!!

Post by mrHomeLook » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:05 am

sing07 wrote:That is what I was told at a stop light recently by a local (apparently racist) Singaporean Chinese after I tapped on his window to tell him to use his indicators after he cut me off twice in his triangle car and admitting fault. He also mentioned he was an off duty police officer. Oh really??!

So here are the two topics, I have been here 6 years legally and pay taxes and have recently got in 2 traffic accidents on (motorbike) not by my fault after having none (car or bike) in 20 years, ever! I have driven across the United States twice.

1) Why are these idiots such bad drivers here??

and

2) Does it have anything with the piss attitude which I have felt the past year or two which these people possess?

Any insights or stories like this from anyone?

and do the local Chinese need a lesson in history?

If I didnt have a few good local friends here to keep me level headed this could have got ugly.

Eddie (43)
American / British
hello there. . . no matter where we go, there are always one or two numb nuts who make matters difficult for us. such people come and go. we should not, under any circumstances, allow those nimrods to affect our lives. stay happy Eddie and remain ignorant to those fools.
MR HomeLook

schussman

Post by schussman » Sat, 16 Jan 2010 9:20 pm

Joining in, what ticks me off is the habit of driving through red lights. Too many times I have nearly had my knee caps removed when the man has been green.

What I do now is stand in the street, point at the car and laugh at them.

Couldn't give a toss if they lose face. Tw@s

irvine
Chatter
Chatter

Post by irvine » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 1:49 am

Some people think and act they're holier than thou... even when they're clearly doing the thing wrong. Such as, the road stupidster, library loud handphone talker, walking bumper, and tissue choper, etc.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 2:01 am

hmm sorry to heard that

I am a chinese here..

ya I believe everyone understand ..no all people are bad.

there are surely some "blacksheeps" among every races out there.

I am a local too here yup I do have to agreed .
I personally encounter before rude , irresponsible fellow chinese too .Ya it do piss me off .

yup in sg roads , the drivers tend to drive fast , don;t give way.

and inconsiderate.

but there are some good drivers too.

janette2120

hello

Post by janette2120 » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 8:38 am

Splatted wrote:hmm.. not sure what to say about this.

At least you don't get crazies following you home after you cut them off, and bashing you in your car as you arrive home, like what happened here in Melbourne over the last week due to road rage.

my 2c worth:

a) drive 5km slower than the speed limit - you'll get there just as fast
b) accept the way Singaporeans drive, you'll feel a lot more relaxed.
c) MYOB. You wont achieve anything. They will never admit they were in the
wrong if you confront them, so why bother?
.......... ummmmmmmmmmm you can talk coz ur not living here mr high and mighty.......try living here for awhile hey before u start talking...... we almost had lotsa accidents coz some stupid singaporean just decided to get in our lane right in front of us no indicator nothing. the same problem we have with asian drivers in sydney we are having here grrrrrrrrrr.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: hello

Post by road.not.taken » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 9:09 am

janette2120 wrote:

At least you don't get crazies following you home after you cut them off, and bashing you in your car as you arrive home, like what happened here in Melbourne over the last week due to road rage.

my 2c worth:

.......... ummmmmmmmmmm you can talk coz ur not living here mr high and mighty.......try living here for awhile hey before u start talking...... we almost had lotsa accidents coz some stupid singaporean just decided to get in our lane right in front of us no indicator nothing. the same problem we have with asian drivers in sydney we are having here grrrrrrrrrr.
What a delight you are! I'm sure our Vaucluse will find you especially interesting. You have similar spelling issues :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 9:36 am

She also might do well, to look at the profiles of the posters before she continues to ..........

It's not just Vaucluse who is going to have a ball with this one.....

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 9:36 am

road.not.taken wrote:What a delight you are! I'm sure our Vaucluse will find you especially interesting. You have similar spelling issues :)
I'm going to the kitchen to microwave some popcorn. You guys want anything?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 1:39 pm

nakatago wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:What a delight you are! I'm sure our Vaucluse will find you especially interesting. You have similar spelling issues :)
I'm going to the kitchen to microwave some popcorn. You guys want anything?
Knowing you, that's a fib. You're going to get your favourite paring knife! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 2:26 pm

road.not.taken wrote:
janette2120 wrote:

my 2c worth:

What a delight you are! I'm sure our Vaucluse will find you especially interesting. You have similar spelling issues :)
OI! My spelling mistakes have been eradicated . . . I iz now educated!

Seriously, though, how old is this Janette and does the 20/21 refer to her shoesize and IQ respectively? I have grave doubts she is Australian at all, even our education system is not that bad . . .

'ummmmmmmm' 'grrrrrrrr' 'coz' 'u' 'lotsa' and the sentence construction is simply wrong. My twelve year old can string sentences together better than the 'Australian' Janette.

It's amazing who Immigration allow to leave our fair shores to make Australians look even dumber than we already can be.
the same problem we have with asian drivers in sydney we are having here grrrrrrrrrr
Guess what, Janette . . . Singaporeans are Asian . . . this may give you a clue as to why their driving 'styles' are similar.

Sydney? I'm guessing Westie-Trog . . . if Australian at all.

Ah - driving skills. Admittedly there is only one thing Singapore has over Australia in this regard . . . the lack of real road rage . . .

'nuff said Image

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 2:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Knowing you, that's a fib. You're going to get your favourite paring knife! :P
Vientenueve?

but I'd rather sit back and watch the show...

EDIT: and I've seen it has begun...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 2:56 pm

Nah, that was just the trailer. The first act is coming when V finds the other thread.