Singapore Expats

hand phone

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
teacher2

hand phone

Post by teacher2 » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 5:24 pm

I would like to purchase a hand phone, but want one that is used. Where can I go to find a trust-worthy supplier of used HP?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 7:16 pm

You actually used trust-worthy and Used in the same sentence? And you are a teacher? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:30 pm

You know you can get brand new phones for around SGD50 these days, from any 7-11. Why would you want to buy a used one? Unless you are looking for one that costs SGD25, of which I doubt anybody would take the trouble to put it up for sale.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:58 pm

Actually, I believe the OP was only trying to send a PM to somebody as they made a flurry of 5 one line posts this afternoon, none of which made to much sense and disappeared so I assumed they got their PM out okay. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:20 pm

Ah, I hadn't thought about that :?
My bad. Ah well, perhaps my post may be of use to someone else. I actually considered getting one of those SGD50 phones too, just for a basic phone. But alas, the G2 phone spoke to my inner geek.

garfield2010

Post by garfield2010 » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 7:55 pm

is it safe to buy handphone in sim lim and mustafa?

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:03 pm

Short answer: no. I've personally never been to Mustafa though. But Sim Lim, I have read and heard too many stories. My rule of thumb is, I wouldn't buy anything from Sim Lim that would require a warranty.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:09 pm

observer wrote:Short answer: no. I've personally never been to Mustafa though. But Sim Lim, I have read and heard too many stories. My rule of thumb is, I wouldn't buy anything from Sim Lim that would require a warranty.
I wouldn't buy anything there, warranty or not. The boxes all have been opened and bits & pieces have been removed so that they can sell them to you separately.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 1:36 pm

observer wrote:Short answer: no. I've personally never been to Mustafa though. But Sim Lim, I have read and heard too many stories. My rule of thumb is, I wouldn't buy anything from Sim Lim that would require a warranty.
SLS is very safe if you buy new computer hardware. It is not really safe (with a few exception) if you buy different type of goods (cameras, av etc).