Singapore Expats

anyone using steam cleaner ?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
just chill

anyone using steam cleaner ?

Post by just chill » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 2:03 pm

hi
is anyone using a steam cleaner for home cleaning ? how is ur experience ? any recommended brand ?
i am thinking of buying but just want to know is it really effective in removing grease from the kitchen & mould from the toilet , sanitizing mattress ?
thanks for sharing ur experience

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 6:42 am

I have a Karcher extraction machine. It doesn't use steam, it sprays a mist of water (& any solution you choose) and vacuums it up all in one go. I use it on our carpets to keep the house from smelling like a kennel, we have a lot of pets and the new dog swims several times a day...

Anyway ~ I have brought it for repair a few times, minor things. They are capable and nice and the Service Centre is right near IMM. We don't have allergies it doesn't serve that purpose for us, but it's great for cleaning upholstery and carpets. I would say it is not the right product to remove grease or mold.

Hope this helps.