Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
multitasker

Post by multitasker » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 3:19 am

thks, i need your help.. pls let me noe if tomo jux one day to finish the final rd or there's other day and how many grps ok.. THKS! n all e best...

namron02

Post by namron02 » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 3:06 pm

starbean wrote:
multitasker wrote:so ur final rd tomo u noe how many grps r there? jux one day for tomo or also thurs?
not too sure. i am one of the 1st few because i just missed the final round on 11th jan itself. mines at 845am. i will see and repost tmr morning after if u want.
Hi Starbean. Do let me know of the outcome of the management interview. I just need a couple of info:

How many interviewers? Males/Females?

How long was the interview?

What can one expect? General questions?

What's next after management round?

rdh

Post by rdh » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 6:33 pm

puckeredfingers, are you shirley from 49?

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 8:07 pm

I just went for my medical on Monday and thought everything was okay but got a call this morning to go for a second x-ray because of mild scoliosis. I read that the cobb's angle cannot be more than 20 degrees.. Now just praying that everything's okay. If not, I'll really be quite sad because my spine's curvature is not within my control sad.gif

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:16 am

hey girl. dont worry. I went for my 2nd medical coz of scoliocis too and they called me up saying that i passed my medical. Dont worry too much first.

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:45 am

fashionista-lovetodress wrote:hey girl. dont worry. I went for my 2nd medical coz of scoliocis too and they called me up saying that i passed my medical. Dont worry too much first.
okie.. apparently so many of the girls around me during the briefing also had some form of spine prob.. just hope it's just a routine follow up and it'll be ok.. but thanks babe!! :)

hooiwoen

Post by hooiwoen » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:43 am

hey...just wanna check with anyone of you...is it SIA very strict in medical check up? is it they will not recruit people who have a bit curvy with the spine? :-|

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:46 pm

if you have scoliocis (or suspected) they will ask you to go for a 2nd medical in which you have to pay $160. The second medical will show whats the degree of your curve. Everything will depend on the degree of your curve.

soul0708

Post by soul0708 » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 3:52 pm

hi jus wanna check if guys must be of a decent build to be qualified to be air steward?

cuz im on the slim side but im really interested in flying.

my face n hands has no scars or whatsoever jus that im thin :(

am i still eligible?

el-chan

Post by el-chan » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 9:10 pm

Hi,

Can someone clarify something for me?

How important is bunning the hair during the kebaya round? The problem with mine is that it is too layered, which makes it extremely difficult to just bun it with a rubberband. At the same time, it is not short enough to be let down.

I heard that just tying a pony tail is not enough. Am I allowed to use clips?? Or fold the hair upwards when tying the pony tail (if you understand what I mean :-| )?

Thanks!!! :)

hooiwoen

Post by hooiwoen » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks fashionista-lovetodress :D

means that the 2nd time medical check up, i need to pay myself,right?

between, up to what degree is still consider an acceptable condition?

u went to the interview at singapore is it? can u briefly tell me how is the interview process go on? besides, did they accept hair style which is short and fringe in front?

Thank you :D

staxtics

Post by staxtics » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 3:24 am

Does SQ accept MDIS Diploma? Im taking Travel, Tourism n Hospitality and i only have a credit in English (C6) for O lvl's and i have N lvl cert.

Also i have kyphosis (rib hump), though it isn't really that bad but would i be able to clear medical screening?

Preparing early so next time when i go for the interview (after my NS) i would be ready. :wink:

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 4:49 am

hey guys,
just to let you know - my friend got through the interview during the dec walk in and due to the medical check up, he was not seleted. the medical round at present has been said to be also another elimination point. 16 was left out of the 32 who made it through. SIA seems to be very choosy at present. they only want the finest.
slowly but surely...we will make it.

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 9:28 am

el-chan: During the Kebaya round you definitely need to bun up your hair. sometimes they are fine with letting candidates with shorter hair candidates tie their hair up in a pony tail. It depends. They provide rubberbands but i did bring along clips to fasten my loose ends up. You can use your own hair accessories.

hooiwoen: Yup you will have to pay it yourself. $160. Then you will be called to go down to Mt E for the xray. They did not mention what degree is acceptable.

Yup i went down for the recent Nov write-in interview. hairstyle wise, they accept any kind from what i noticed. It really depends on the interviewer.
However I do agree that they are pretty strict this time round. Only 8 out of 13 went through for my day and out of the 8 only 6 passed the medical.

jeuleque

Post by jeuleque » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 3:30 pm

i heard during the medical check up, there will be a breast check up for lumps.
what if i have lumps, but i have medical records to show that it is not dangerous or growing or anything cancerous, it's just hormonal stuff....no need to take it out.
will it be a problem? will i not pass the test? i'm really worried now.