Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
swlee

Post by swlee » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 2:57 pm

I'm thinking of going for the interview on the 16th too!
It's like, my first time and I've got so many things to worry about!

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 3:01 pm

zidnyll,

give it a try then.. thou a month of working experience doesn't look to convincing on paper but who knows right? Heard my fair share of stories of those who expected to get in but didnt, instead the one's that didn't expect it, got it ;)

yeap, certs are a must! and your smile should be your best friend that day but don't over do it, make it come across as natural as possible..be yourself and relax. try to be comfortable with the interviewer, think out of the box, be creative and spontaneous and a little sense of humour wont hurt but know your boundaries. Come prepared but instead of memorising scripts, make out points instead.. it will be less robotic and text book like. be prepared for scenario like situations, your past working experience encounters, questions regarding the company.. who is who, its background, latest news/happenings and etc..

confidence is the key not arrogance.. humility and not pride..

last but not least, pray for lady luck to smile upon you ;)

hooiwoen

Post by hooiwoen » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 3:32 pm

hey everyone...i am new here...and i will be attending this coming 16th SIA walk in interview as well...another girl i know is eunice lee...she will be there...anyone else going? maybe we can have a contact and know each other 1st before 16th of Jan :D

btw...just wanna check with anyone of u...did SIA strict in the hair style?

appreciate if anyone would reply on this :)

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 8:46 pm

gud luck everyone for tomorrows singapore walk in!! plz do share ur experience here tomorrow! :)

zizdnyll

Post by zizdnyll » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:26 pm

indcisive wrote:zidnyll,

give it a try then.. thou a month of working experience doesn't look to convincing on paper but who knows right? Heard my fair share of stories of those who expected to get in but didnt, instead the one's that didn't expect it, got it ;)

yeap, certs are a must! and your smile should be your best friend that day but don't over do it, make it come across as natural as possible..be yourself and relax. try to be comfortable with the interviewer, think out of the box, be creative and spontaneous and a little sense of humour wont hurt but know your boundaries. Come prepared but instead of memorising scripts, make out points instead.. it will be less robotic and text book like. be prepared for scenario like situations, your past working experience encounters, questions regarding the company.. who is who, its background, latest news/happenings and etc..

confidence is the key not arrogance.. humility and not pride..

last but not least, pray for lady luck to smile upon you ;)
thanks a lot! but , if i dont write about it..will they allow me?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:45 am

hi everyone..just a little update on my interview process this morning..
reached there 8am and i was in 3rd group..

went into the room after awhile..a guy around 40 years old and a young lady was my group interviewer..

they asked us to give a self intro for 1 min..after that, we thought all finish..n the lady said..i have 1 more short question to ask..

our question was " if you get to choose to be a famous person, who would it be and why'?

only 3 out of 10 in my group got into 2nd round..but im not 1 of them..lol..but well, those 3 girls that got in spoke well..even though 1 of them was wearing jeans and tank top.. :P

so for the rest, update urs also :)
Accomplish or do not begin

whatyougot

Post by whatyougot » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 1:55 pm

2nd round KO...was too nervous and made quite a number of mistakes. like putting my elbow on the table at the beginning..the interviewer looked abit shock..and i was abit unnerved by that and stuttered abit..could have done MUCH more better..kinda disappointed.

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 2:23 pm

whatyougot wrote:2nd round KO...was too nervous and made quite a number of mistakes. like putting my elbow on the table at the beginning..the interviewer looked abit shock..and i was abit unnerved by that and stuttered abit..could have done MUCH more better..kinda disappointed.
hey..what was the second round? 1-to-1 interview?

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 2:29 pm

Anybody got their forms taken and told that they will be arranged for an interview another day if shortlisted?

collete

interview

Post by collete » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 3:05 pm

i was at the interview earlier on this morning at sheraton towers.
was in the sixth group as I came quite early, and the only malay girl in my group.
was so nervous i thought my heart will fall off!

me and another chinese girl passed first round and we both managed to get to the second round.

i was out during the second though but the chinese girl moved on to the third. my time in the room during the 2nd round was the shortest compared to all the others and that was when i knew immediately i was out.

true enough. LOL!

anyway, i will be trying again.

metroman

Post by metroman » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 3:14 pm

i got ko-ed in the second round too!! a little disappointed but it was my first time so i didnt expect much.. sob sob.
i reached at 830 and the queue was overwhelming!! congrats to those who made it through..

ryanmanutd

Knock out

Post by ryanmanutd » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 4:03 pm

Hi All,

I oso got knock out during the first round, i am in male Group 2 .

Lucky came early else got to suffer in the long Q.

Lets try another time bah.... :o :o

ryanmanutd

Post by ryanmanutd » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Collete,

are you the malay girl wearing black dress?

maxiii

Post by maxiii » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 4:39 pm

Hi all!
Tried again at the sheraton, this time round they switched the game and one to one interview with the skin check so skin check became the 3rd round. Its the same lady and i failed my skin check again!

I really hope that she is not involve in the next interview. :(

collete

Post by collete » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 4:56 pm

[quote="ryanmanutd"]Hi Collete,

are you the malay girl wearing black dress?[/quote]

nope, i was wearing white blouse and black pants.