Singapore Expats

Melbourne not safe for students, India warns

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 7:42 pm

When an Indian was to attack a Caucasian it would be called an assault

When a Caucasian attacks an Indian it's called a racially motivated assault.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 8:03 pm

I remember a bit from Russell Peters' show. He says he feels bad for the white man because the white man is so afraid of being accused of racism that he now cannot mention race even if it's not an issue.

white guy: "hey, russell. someone's looking for you."
russell: "really? who is it?"
white guy: "says he's your friend."
russell: "what does he look like? is he black?" (at this point, russell established that he's expecting his black friend)
white guy: "oh, i don't know. i didn't really get a good look."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 8:03 pm

vbelle wrote:
I dont think its as safe as Singapore..but to call it dangerous..just be cautious and stay away from dark area in the middle of the night or places that you know is well known to be unsafe..

None of the people I know who have lived there..or is living there call Australia as a dangerous place to live..
The difference is, vbelle, is that you have lived there . . . whereas most of the mob that is calling out racism have not

Saint wrote:When an Indian was to attack a Caucasian it would be called an assault

When a Caucasian attacks an Indian it's called a racially motivated assault.
Amazing, isn't it

'nuff said Image

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:51 pm

The number of Indian students to Australia have actually plummeted by 50%!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8444870.stm
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:26 pm

revhappy wrote:The number of Indian students to Australia have actually plummeted by 50%!

A good start then? :roll:

'nuff said Image

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 4:52 pm

revhappy wrote:The number of Indian students to Australia have actually plummeted by 50%!

It is also due to stringent immigration control for students & private institutions.
:D
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:54 am

Vaucluse wrote:SMS wrote
Yeah, but what were the numbers for all of the other races?
Irrelevant, SMS, as Indians are more important and the sole recipients of violence . . . plus they are just different enough to call the racist card.

In this latest case a young guy, could be any guy, walks through a downtrodden park in a downtrodden area of the city . . . a park with no lighting to speak of and is known to be a night-time haunt for druggies and their ilk.

No shit, Sherlock. Something happened. A crack-addict sees this unfortunate man walking alone through his 'turf', possibly listening to his i-pod or the like, and sees money for his drug habit.

Why does the Indian community think it is so important that they are singled out by criminals based on their ethnicity?

I'd suggest moving to a better neighbourhood to cut down on the likelihood of being attacked, like other people do it.

India - 100 murders a day . . . every day of the year.

Sure, the chances are slimmer to be murdered in India based on percentages, but I know where I'd rather be living.

Well, not Melbourne because it is shite . . .

My word ...by using words like "ilk" and discribing areas as downtrodden you almost sound credible ...if it not were for the fact ( clearly a completley new concept to you and many more morons) you are cleary basing your opinion on conjecture . Were you there ...no! so STFU.
Get on another band wagon you may actually stand chance of winning.
Your continual agravating comments are becoming oh so predictable and tedious

Have a great illusion of grandeur

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 2:56 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:SMS wrote
Yeah, but what were the numbers for all of the other races?
Irrelevant, SMS, as Indians are more important and the sole recipients of violence . . . plus they are just different enough to call the racist card.

In this latest case a young guy, could be any guy, walks through a downtrodden park in a downtrodden area of the city . . . a park with no lighting to speak of and is known to be a night-time haunt for druggies and their ilk.

No shit, Sherlock. Something happened. A crack-addict sees this unfortunate man walking alone through his 'turf', possibly listening to his i-pod or the like, and sees money for his drug habit.

Why does the Indian community think it is so important that they are singled out by criminals based on their ethnicity?

I'd suggest moving to a better neighbourhood to cut down on the likelihood of being attacked, like other people do it.

India - 100 murders a day . . . every day of the year.

Sure, the chances are slimmer to be murdered in India based on percentages, but I know where I'd rather be living.

Well, not Melbourne because it is shite . . .

My word ...by using words like "ilk" and discribing areas as downtrodden you almost sound credible ...if it not were for the fact ( clearly a completley new concept to you and many more morons) you are cleary basing your opinion on conjecture . Were you there ...no! so STFU.
Get on another band wagon you may actually stand chance of winning.
Your continual agravating comments are becoming oh so predictable and tedious

Have a great illusion of grandeur
So, another excellent contribution by our KKK-fan. Hmm, let's see how to dissect it and show it up for what it is - uninformed rubbish, lightly coated by a healthy dose of self-righteousness.
'Ilk'. noun
kind; sort; class: only in of that (or his, her, etc.) ilk, of the same sort or class
So, drug addicts and his ilk . . . that term offends you then, does it? Drug users and drug pushers and petty criminals . . . You are offended by my throwing them all together in the same 'pot'? Deary me, are you thereby defending the killer, seeing as you object to him/her being referred to as 'ilk'?

The suburb in question is a downtrodden area of the city . . . how is that conjecture? Are you now saying that the park and the surrounding area is akin (oooh, another word you can get yourself all fussed about) to that of Brighton or Toorak? Are you from Melbourne, Big F? Are you from West Footscray? Nah, can't be as even the locals mourn the demise of their suburb. . . an footie team.

Mate, instead of making yourself look even more foolish than you are . . . why not discuss the topic at hand instead of getting hit with the vapours over a word (ilk) and a description of the location . . . or did you just mis-read the post with the red mist clouding your eyes?

Go on, you can do it . . . just ask a friend to write something intelligent if you can't . . . and you can't.

'nuff said Image

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 6:09 pm

Here is another one, just to keep the pot boiling

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8449731.stm

The link below is about my own turf born and raised on a deprived housing estate, I can assure you that these hideous attacks in Australia are caused by the same kind of retards, that try to run Ryelands Estate
They run like a pack of wolves 30 to 50 in strength, they hit the local city in groups of 10 to 15 and work their target areas. hyped on crack, or other drugs, some are themselves the pushers, but they are all involved in criminal activity, mostly anti social behaviour.

The estate was ignored by police for many years, it was a no go area for the police! The times they did turn up, outside the shops, the cars were petrol bombed.

These people are cowards, and only work in groups, I've actually picked out the ring leaders myself and have kicked their arses, in front of the pack, though that doesn't help, because the retaliation is done at night, while sleeping and no one sees anything, my home was wrecked 5 times while i was away working, though if the pack was to pounce at once I wouldn't survive.

The way was to challenge the hardest of the group in front of the rest, I was a young 28 year old at that time and built like a brick shit house having just left the Army, I had also been trained in boxing from the age of seven and street fighting was a normal survival instinct on the estate, if you wasn't to be bullied, so I was in my prime on my return from the army.

I had to deal with some intimidation that my mother faced, her home being opposite Mal Hussiens, a group of people approached my mothers home to ask for my help to tackle the ring leaders who actually had police immunity, because they worked as snitches, they were themselves druggies and pushers that didn't like Mal Hussiens confidence in himself, moving onto their turf there Estate.

Mal Hussien is a close friend of mine a blackbelt in karate and a club bouncer, moving from another Lancashire town to set up business, Ryelands was the wrong place, but all said and done the racist card was used, to get National attention and a large payout!

The police had failed everyone, not just Mal Hussien, though Mal was very smart and the shit did happen so It's only right that he's compensated, others were not and the value of the properties was destroyed completely, the family home were i was born was a 3 bedroom Semi which i purchased for my mum, because she wouldn't move she passed on in 1995, and again my home was targeted and gutted. I was on the verge of killing those responsible and sincerely discussed with the North West Area police chief, of the alternative actions, it was only then that the police had come clean and told me, that Ryelands had been a very low priority case, and earning money for the force was more important, than crime. They failed everyone then back in 1990's and are failing everyone today!

The Indians and Pakistan people are segregated in Lancaster, well liked because of their hard working family traditions. Ryelands is the only Estate in Lancaster one should avoid these local government housing estates have been deprived long ago back in the 60's political plans to dump all the housing estates were made and the housing stock sold off, to do this, the councils had to clean up and move all the criminals and druggies into one area.

Ryelands Estate was the only estate with over 100 houses boarded up.
There are some terrific people that have lived on these Estates since they were built around 1937 many people live in fear, I do on occassion visit the place. To this day, they have pumped in millions of pounds for redevelopment, unfortunately there is only one cure, and that is to destroy the entire estate.

The stigma is still around! Maybe a handful of the criminals are racist the majority are not, they are just wild uncontrolled yobs junkies, and drug pushers with under age drinking and sex with bad parental control. The neglect of government policies to enforce the ASBOS doesn't help

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/mar/02/race.world
Last edited by ksl on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 6:47 pm

Another Indian attacked in Melbourne today:

I think its not Australia that is racist it is the BBC that is racist and they are reporting only indian deaths in Melbourne isnt it ? :wink: I am sure a caucasian and african and a chinese have killed on the same day.

And surely Melbourne is safe, after all this can happen in any city in the world its just that all the news channels and websites have decided to sabotage Melbourne's image.
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 7:44 pm

revhappy wrote:Another Indian attacked in Melbourne today:

I think its not Australia that is racist it is the BBC that is racist and they are reporting only indian deaths in Melbourne isnt it ? :wink: I am sure a caucasian and african and a chinese have killed on the same day.

And surely Melbourne is safe, after all this can happen in any city in the world its just that all the news channels and websites have decided to sabotage Melbourne's image.
Yes it seems to be the case that attacks against Indians are news and other regular assaults and murders do not make the international news.

You could with 5 minutes of google use find out the stats from :
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... ent_ID=782

In 2008/2009 there were 43,971 offences, which fall into the category of crime against the person. So if Indians only had 1400 or something like that, looks like that yes, other races where attacked too.

Other stats from same report fro 2008/2009 year:
-Homicide 181; looks like every 2nd day a person is killed so looks like other races are getting they share too.
-Rape 1,543
-Assault 33,668

I have no idea, what is the reason behind the crimes where Indians are victims; whether it is racially motivated or not, but obviously thinking that it is only Indians that are attacked is just pure ignorance of the facts.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 7:51 pm

revhappy wrote:Another Indian attacked in Melbourne today:

Well, I'd say it's pretty obvious that we now know where you wanted to go and why you are here in Singapore (using Singapore as a stepping stone?). And that news has got you flustered. Best thing you can do is stay in Singapore or go home as the world is a much too dangerous place for you. :wink:

I'll bet you think every 7-11 in the US that gets robbed with an Indian Cashier/Manager is targetting the Indian employee don't you! :lol: 7-11's have always been known as the hold-up training centers in the US. They graduate from there to liquor stores. (Lots of them are also manned by Indians as well (don't you watch the Simpsons! :wink: Damn, guess they are targeting them there as well. May as well go back to Indian where it's safe, yeah? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 09 Jan 2010 8:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: May as well go back to Indian where it's safe, yeah? :lol:
Where like many other Indians he will probably take a short-cut across some railway lines and risk being run over by a train (you should see the number of Indians who die that way)..........

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:22 pm

2 more Indians attacked in Australia yesterday...
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 3:27 pm

I say, you seem to have an inferiority complex. People get mugged every day for a gold chain or wallet. It would also seem that it wasn't even an "Australian" by the description, but a south sea islander. The other was a taxi for cripes sake. The target wasn't the driver, but the taxi. You are as much of an alarmist and the whole indian government. Actually, you are starting to get pathetic. (wanna bet there is an indian working on the australian paper?) :?

Why don't you go back to india so when you get mugged there you can blame in on the Pakistanis like you all try to blame every other misfortune that happens there on them. :roll:

But be careful if you go down to little india or mustafa's at night on a Friday (Oops! that's tonight - be careful!) if they've had too much to drink you could even get whooped up on here in Singapore. Not the first time it's happened. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers