Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:15 pm

littlegreenyoda wrote:btw, anyone knows where can i remove stitches in singapore? possible for me to remove it myself?

and when can i remove the stitches?
:o any gp will do my dear. u'll need proper antiseptic n cleaning before/after removal. doc might give u antibiotic cream to apply.

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 12:17 am

hi rinoalar
did u do rino n alar with dr nara?
i did rino.considering chin n alar.
how was ur alar scar?
where did dr nara cut for alar?

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 12:44 pm

Greenies wrote:
littlegreenyoda wrote:btw, anyone knows where can i remove stitches in singapore? possible for me to remove it myself?

and when can i remove the stitches?
:o any gp will do my dear. u'll need proper antiseptic n cleaning before/after removal. doc might give u antibiotic cream to apply.
oh. ok. I always thought i can just use alcohol and scissors and remove them myself.

but so embarrassing to go to GP and tell him to help remove the stitches. you all wont feel weird?? :oops:

icebaby0

Post by icebaby0 » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 1:40 pm

littlegreenyoda,

Try not to do it urself. Go to a GP. Cost $$, but better to be safe.

I'll go to the one that Greenies mention to me.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 1:42 pm

Hi littlegreenyoda,

I went to polyclinic to remove stitches sustained from a cut, so i asked about removing lipo stitches, they'll do it. The staff nurse told me to ask doc to write a letter informing them when to remove.

But doc was trying to discourage me from having lipo, "saying don't need lah, just exercise will do etc"

Polyclinic charged me $6. I've checked with my GP, it's $25 & above depending on how many areas to remove.

Have you started to look out for a nice jacket or cardigan to cover your arms?

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 1:50 pm

icebaby0 wrote:littlegreenyoda,

Try not to do it urself. Go to a GP. Cost $$, but better to be safe.

I'll go to the one that Greenies mention to me.
haha. okokok!

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 1:52 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi littlegreenyoda,

I went to polyclinic to remove stitches sustained from a cut, so i asked about removing lipo stitches, they'll do it. The staff nurse told me to ask doc to write a letter informing them when to remove.

But doc was trying to discourage me from having lipo, "saying don't need lah, just exercise will do etc"

Polyclinic charged me $6. I've checked with my GP, it's $25 & above depending on how many areas to remove.

Have you started to look out for a nice jacket or cardigan to cover your arms?
oh. thanks alot!

think i will go down to polyclinic to remove since its cheaper!

so do i need to get dr nara to write a letter or smth like that?

when can i remove the stitches?

i got lots of cardigans! just hope that it will be rainy in Singapore or else i will look so so weird wearing so much in such hot weather!

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 2:19 pm

U can also use a nice shawl so won't look weird, the incisions are at the elbow, can apply concealer so hopefully no one can spot them when u move your arms.

Normally remove stitches on the 7th day. Maybe the rest can tell you more if other polyclinics requires a letter.

As my stitching is done my CGH A&E, so they gave me a letter to remove the stitches on a specific date, then when I went to the polyclinic on that day, they were about to close for lunch so they only allow patients with letter or appointment to enter.

I didn't wait for too long as they have a separate room with a doctor & nurses for dressing, removing stitches etc.

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 3:06 pm

angelfern wrote:U can also use a nice shawl so won't look weird, the incisions are at the elbow, can apply concealer so hopefully no one can spot them when u move your arms.

Normally remove stitches on the 7th day. Maybe the rest can tell you more if other polyclinics requires a letter.

As my stitching is done my CGH A&E, so they gave me a letter to remove the stitches on a specific date, then when I went to the polyclinic on that day, they were about to close for lunch so they only allow patients with letter or appointment to enter.

I didn't wait for too long as they have a separate room with a doctor & nurses for dressing, removing stitches etc.
Thanks again!!

so means when i removed my stitches on the 7th day, can i say that more or less my bruising and any ugly signs of lipo will be gone?

fifipek
Regular
Regular

Post by fifipek » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 9:59 pm

Greenies wrote:
rhinoalar wrote:Hehe.. i scare when smile big big the nose look big as well.. cos still think my nose is big leh.
Recently i feel tightness and sometimes i see my nose like gt bit of redness, wondering do you have this feeling as well?

pm-ed u.
greenies did u do rino n alar with dr nara?
do u mind to email me before n after pictures?

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:03 pm

Not sure, maybe the rest who've been to Nara's arm lipo can answer your question about bruising.

My sis just went to taipei for her eyes, she took arnica montana pills 5 days pre op, took 3 times a day (this we learnt it from arthur's instruction for lipo), then prepare 2 packets of Sinnech. By day 5, her bruises on her eyes disappeared, totally cleared.

Just the double eyelid line is still swell, a bit high but no colours so she just wear her normal specs or contact lens, no need to wear tinted glasses.

littlegreenyoda

Post by littlegreenyoda » Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:41 pm

angelfern wrote:Not sure, maybe the rest who've been to Nara's arm lipo can answer your question about bruising.

My sis just went to taipei for her eyes, she took arnica montana pills 5 days pre op, took 3 times a day (this we learnt it from arthur's instruction for lipo), then prepare 2 packets of Sinnech. By day 5, her bruises on her eyes disappeared, totally cleared.

Just the double eyelid line is still swell, a bit high but no colours so she just wear her normal specs or contact lens, no need to wear tinted glasses.
hey, can help me ask ur sister she took 3 times a day, how many pills?

chew or just swallow or let it dissolve?

can take more than 10 days?

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 4:11 am

fifipek wrote:greenies did u do rino n alar with dr nara?
do u mind to email me before n after pictures?
i did rhino no alar. now see other pple's pic i also feel like doing liao.. muahahaha..
posted my pic here.. think 2pages back.. :wink:

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:55 pm

@angelfern : your sister did eyes with which doctor? I did my eyes in taipei at that time too!

icebaby0

Post by icebaby0 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 2:25 pm

littlegreenyoda wrote:
angelfern wrote:Not sure, maybe the rest who've been to Nara's arm lipo can answer your question about bruising.

hey, can help me ask ur sister she took 3 times a day, how many pills?

chew or just swallow or let it dissolve?

can take more than 10 days?
Ya. Cos the instructions from the pills (same pills that Dr Arthur asked us to buy from Singapore Shopping Centre) tells us a different thing. It mentions:
1st take 2 pills. Subsequently 1 pill every 2-4 hours. Max 10 days.

Can you please confirm what u mention above.