Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 3:58 pm

Hi ms.pooh,

haha , now u know how i felt. i think after u've gathered all the info, u've to see what suits you & your expectations.

ms.pooh

Post by ms.pooh » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 6:33 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi ms.pooh,

haha , now u know how i felt. i think after u've gathered all the info, u've to see what suits you & your expectations.
hi angelfern,

yeah pretty hard to decide :( but after spending almost my entire afternoon reading ark ha ha i think im leaning more towards Dr. Nara.

read your conversation with envyme and sasa and find it v. inspiring! so how are you now? any plans of going back?

im quite scared cos im quite big and probably will incur more pain, i also dont have idea with Dr. Nara's post op care. do you know whats the best way i can contact him?

and do you know if he does facial liposuction? thanks a lot! :)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 2:17 am

Hi ms.pooh,

You can email Dr Nara using the email box in his website, I emailed him a few times, he only replied once. So maybe you've to phrase the questions simply or don't ask boh liao questions. You can take a look at his under chin lipo pics too.

I think for best results, ideally, better lose until a certain weight that you cannot lose anymore then go for lipo to achieve a better shape. For example, give yourself a target time or weight to eat clean & exercise then reward yourself with the surgery, i think it's more worth it.

Having said that, erh hem... i just went shilin just now, ate the Hao Da Da fried chicken, ai ya, not as nice as our KFC, long queue on a monday night somemore... i think a bit overrated, no wonder their taiwan site said that only the tourists queue up.

The oyster omelette is not as fragrant as ours too, no smell at all, not crispy & all starchy.

Sorry, side tracked a little, sis just did her op today, i've just wolfed down a beef instant super bowl noodles so full of energy now.. oh ya.. i slept for an hour in the afternoon too. hee hee

Seeing her swollen eyes, i also wondered how i'm going to cope with lipo, seems the feedback is thighs are the worst, tummy not so bad, arms leak alot.

Actually the forumers here are very generous, they gave very detailed descriptions of their experience, so do your homework & be realistic with the expectations.

Good luck!

ms.pooh

Post by ms.pooh » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:33 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi ms.pooh,

You can email Dr Nara using the email box in his website, I emailed him a few times, he only replied once. So maybe you've to phrase the questions simply or don't ask boh liao questions. You can take a look at his under chin lipo pics too.

I think for best results, ideally, better lose until a certain weight that you cannot lose anymore then go for lipo to achieve a better shape. For example, give yourself a target time or weight to eat clean & exercise then reward yourself with the surgery, i think it's more worth it.

Having said that, erh hem... i just went shilin just now, ate the Hao Da Da fried chicken, ai ya, not as nice as our KFC, long queue on a monday night somemore... i think a bit overrated, no wonder their taiwan site said that only the tourists queue up.

The oyster omelette is not as fragrant as ours too, no smell at all, not crispy & all starchy.

Sorry, side tracked a little, sis just did her op today, i've just wolfed down a beef instant super bowl noodles so full of energy now.. oh ya.. i slept for an hour in the afternoon too. hee hee

Seeing her swollen eyes, i also wondered how i'm going to cope with lipo, seems the feedback is thighs are the worst, tummy not so bad, arms leak alot.

Actually the forumers here are very generous, they gave very detailed descriptions of their experience, so do your homework & be realistic with the expectations.

Good luck!
:o im actually thinking of having my thighs and arms done :shock: tummy not so. errrr.

anyway thanks for the ideas, i guess one reason why Dr. Nara's been in this forum for so long is because he works good and not just so-so tt's why people go back to him. i hope ill be safe wiv him :D

as early as now ill try my best to lose weight hopefully by march ill lost quite a lot then go to Dr.Nara for my arms and thighs. :)

funkygirl

WHERE TO REMOVE STITCHES?

Post by funkygirl » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 4:33 pm

hey guys i just did my double eyelids surgery.yup it was all great however i didnt remove my stitches over at nara.so right now im caught in a dilemma. I dont know where to get my stitches off.
Any recommendation of a skilled local GP who remove stiches at a reasonable price?

ms.pooh

Post by ms.pooh » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 5:44 pm

hi anyone here who knows how to reach Dr. Nara? i emailed him but the mail now is bouncing back to me :cry: guess he doesn't check his emails anymore or is too full already :(

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 6:35 pm

aadvark wrote:
changeinme wrote:
lushes wrote: Now that u mentioned obsessive complusive eye disorder , i think I am one too . I cant stop looking into a mirror , and I keep persuading myself that my scar has improved / better than yesterday , and non stop taking pictures to compare though i keep holding my self back from mirrors cuz it makes me sad , but i failed everytime . The first thing i do when i wake up is run infront of my mirror to check my eyes...u must think im going mad .
Yes , i understand that u cant do revision after 6 months, i already did research though , heck the epi is too damn big difference for it to heal/ get in place like what nara told me and it would take too long (i cant wait and no patience and i dont wanna scare the public). I am quite intrested in Korea though , OZ clinic .
I just broke down today, and yeah , i said i wanted to die too cuz i feel that ive disfigured myself . In case u didnt know , my birthday is on Jan 17 :)) bloody good news ..

The meat there was my lids .. I think Nara didnt do well on my lids too , or my lids are too fat ? It couldnt follow his cut ... so yeah , i have a meat lump on my eye now. This was my first surgery and i am very dissapointed :(( I hope it would miracously heal somehow
Ii'm exactly the same way. I sent nara 3 emails with all those complications and all he can say is wait 6 months. I asked if he removed too much skin which is now causing my eyelids to not close properly. He denied saying he's a board certified ps and he did not remove too much skin. I also sent him an email about the asymmetry with the epi and he said its too early to assess results and according to his experience he doesn't think its necessary for a revision. I am bloody praying I have enough skin for the scar revision. I feel absolutely disfigured too. I totally understand how u feel. I wake up each morning to see if anythings improved but no one eyes still bigger than the other.

I was considering either BK Dongyang or OZ clinic too! I was leaning more towards OZ since BK is kinda expensive. Dr Kim from BK asked me to wait 6 months just so my eyelids can close fully and allow it to fully heal before revising. Quoted me $4000-$5000 USD! I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Park in OZ clinic. I believe it would be another Dr Kang cos he specializes in revision if we go to OZ. I'm also very impatient! My biggest concern now is the epi. GOD I miss my epicanthal fold. Bloody hell look at the epi in all those sites they look nothing like mine post op. I'm also considering Dr Chuang from Wish Clinic. He's quite reputable for eyelids and epi too.

I think yours might be fine after a month. You're only a couple of days post op and it doesn't look as though you have lid closure problem. I am a month today and my healing has slowed down to snails pace and nothing is changing. My eyes still don't shut fully. When I shut my eyes the crease is still there. So many freaking problems. If only we can turn back time. When I raise my eyebrows the skin stretches out but then my eyeballs won't shut. I look like an absolute freak! I just pray I won't need skin grafting for the revision.
can't comment abt epi cos it wasn;t offered when i first went, but the lids do look like what i'd gone thru, really thick at the start.

changeinme, when u first did lids in sg, what method was it? laser, or cutting? got remove fats? cos i think it'd make a diff. can show u my after op pics if u want, can see took abt 6 mths for the lids to look normal :)
hi aadvark sorry for the late reply havent been on for a few weeks busy with work.

when i first did it i believe the doctor used laser cos i can smell burning same like nara. i'm not sure if fats were removed, i've actually got some advice from other ps and they said nara is too agressive and removed too much skin which is causing my eyes not not close properly. Nara denies that. at this stage i'm about 6 weeks post op and my eyes are not improving in terms of getting full closure. i am hoping for the lids to stretch out eventually to correct this. i think i'll definitely need a revision from the looks of it. theres just so many problems at this stage and i hope it can be revised and corrected and pray i won't need skin grafts. my left eye opens bigger than my right eye which makes me look like i've got mild ptosis cos nara's cut on my left eye has a higher arch. my epi is also undercorrected on my left eye. lastly my eyes can't closed and i thnk i have a permanently blocked tear duct on my left eye.

my eyes look horrible now and i get very depressed when thinking about it and i absoulutely detest nara for it. the only thing i desperately need and want to improve is my ability to close my freaking eyes and get the functionality of my eyes back. these days i just try not to think about it or i'll just breakdown and cry so i keep busy. nara is not giving me any answers and said to wait 6 months and i'll do so diligenty and if 6 months is here and those issues are still evidently present, i'll demand an answer.

aadvark could you send me the pics please i think it would really help me with the healing.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 9:34 pm

changeinme wrote:
aadvark wrote:
changeinme wrote: Ii'm exactly the same way. I sent nara 3 emails with all those complications and all he can say is wait 6 months. I asked if he removed too much skin which is now causing my eyelids to not close properly. He denied saying he's a board certified ps and he did not remove too much skin. I also sent him an email about the asymmetry with the epi and he said its too early to assess results and according to his experience he doesn't think its necessary for a revision. I am bloody praying I have enough skin for the scar revision. I feel absolutely disfigured too. I totally understand how u feel. I wake up each morning to see if anythings improved but no one eyes still bigger than the other.

I was considering either BK Dongyang or OZ clinic too! I was leaning more towards OZ since BK is kinda expensive. Dr Kim from BK asked me to wait 6 months just so my eyelids can close fully and allow it to fully heal before revising. Quoted me $4000-$5000 USD! I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Park in OZ clinic. I believe it would be another Dr Kang cos he specializes in revision if we go to OZ. I'm also very impatient! My biggest concern now is the epi. GOD I miss my epicanthal fold. Bloody hell look at the epi in all those sites they look nothing like mine post op. I'm also considering Dr Chuang from Wish Clinic. He's quite reputable for eyelids and epi too.

I think yours might be fine after a month. You're only a couple of days post op and it doesn't look as though you have lid closure problem. I am a month today and my healing has slowed down to snails pace and nothing is changing. My eyes still don't shut fully. When I shut my eyes the crease is still there. So many freaking problems. If only we can turn back time. When I raise my eyebrows the skin stretches out but then my eyeballs won't shut. I look like an absolute freak! I just pray I won't need skin grafting for the revision.
can't comment abt epi cos it wasn;t offered when i first went, but the lids do look like what i'd gone thru, really thick at the start.

changeinme, when u first did lids in sg, what method was it? laser, or cutting? got remove fats? cos i think it'd make a diff. can show u my after op pics if u want, can see took abt 6 mths for the lids to look normal :)
hi aadvark sorry for the late reply havent been on for a few weeks busy with work.

when i first did it i believe the doctor used laser cos i can smell burning same like nara. i'm not sure if fats were removed, i've actually got some advice from other ps and they said nara is too agressive and removed too much skin which is causing my eyes not not close properly. Nara denies that. at this stage i'm about 6 weeks post op and my eyes are not improving in terms of getting full closure. i am hoping for the lids to stretch out eventually to correct this. i think i'll definitely need a revision from the looks of it. theres just so many problems at this stage and i hope it can be revised and corrected and pray i won't need skin grafts. my left eye opens bigger than my right eye which makes me look like i've got mild ptosis cos nara's cut on my left eye has a higher arch. my epi is also undercorrected on my left eye. lastly my eyes can't closed and i thnk i have a permanently blocked tear duct on my left eye.

my eyes look horrible now and i get very depressed when thinking about it and i absoulutely detest nara for it. the only thing i desperately need and want to improve is my ability to close my freaking eyes and get the functionality of my eyes back. these days i just try not to think about it or i'll just breakdown and cry so i keep busy. nara is not giving me any answers and said to wait 6 months and i'll do so diligenty and if 6 months is here and those issues are still evidently present, i'll demand an answer.

aadvark could you send me the pics please i think it would really help me with the healing.
am away on hol right now, pix on my desktop bk at home, send u when i get bk on 29th :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

rhinoalar

Is this normal?

Post by rhinoalar » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 8:28 pm

Today is after 2 weeks+ after my Rhino and Alar with Nara and my nose still look big especially the tip, is this normal? please advise, help!
Please do not quote my photo. thanks!

Before

After

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:08 pm

hi.. my rhino is 2weeks+ also. it looks normal to me. maybe its swelling? u can try cold compress using ice pack :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:33 am

Greenies wrote:hi.. my rhino is 2weeks+ also. it looks normal to me. maybe its swelling? u can try cold compress using ice pack :)
diff ppl heal at diff rates... the tip takes much longer to subside, take pix every week so u can see the actual diff, sometimes the healing is too slow for u to discern from naked eye
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:50 am

Just take note that cold compress only helps up to 48hrs post op. After that, warm compress is better.

rhinoalar: Your new nose looks so much better! Just be patient, swelling will go down with time

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 1:47 am

cersepn wrote:Just take note that cold compress only helps up to 48hrs post op. After that, warm compress is better.

rhinoalar: Your new nose looks so much better! Just be patient, swelling will go down with time

i try to cold compress when i wake up because my eyes n nose tend to be more swollen after sleep. dunno whether it helps for others but for me it helps for the eyes n relieve pain for nose also.
i usually do warm compress before sleep. its so comfortable it helps to put me on the track to zzz.. :)

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 1:50 am

aadvark wrote:diff ppl heal at diff rates... the tip takes much longer to subside, take pix every week so u can see the actual diff, sometimes the healing is too slow for u to discern from naked eye
now then i see alar really makes the nose smaller n nicer too.. ahh... maybe i should have done it too.. :?

angelaxoxo

Post by angelaxoxo » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 2:07 am

hi all. have been readin this thread for quite some time. just a general question as im not comfortable posting my pics here..

i have wide alar..so i knw i need alarplasty. i am deciding between dr PUTT and dr NARA..i have thick nasal skin, and i know i can do a pretty sharp tip with an L implant without extrusion but i read that nara is conservative and hence will not do that? that presents me with the dillema of nara or putt. can anyone advise? esp those who've done with nara/putt.

just take rhinoalar (above) for instance, she has relatively thick nasal skin frm what i see, but nara did not really extend the tip? sigh..help appreciated..