Singapore Expats

Any American Moms out there?

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
serenitynow

Post by serenitynow » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:56 pm

Does anyone have or know of a suitable place for us to meet up - moms to chat and the kids to run around safely? I would offer up my condo's multipurpose room, but don't have one! Would open gym at Gymboree be ok? Any coffee shops that you know of with some space for our kids to explore? My son's now 18 months old and quite a mini mountain climber if he gets the chance to. If we can locate a place, I'm free to meet up anytime this week or next in the afternoon. I have another American mommy friend with a 21-month old son who'd be interested in meeting up, as well.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 4:45 pm

Royce's gym is pretty good for little ones. Ridiculously overpriced like many things here but at least it's safe, clean and has good quality equipment. It's at Liang Court.

I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Older one is usually in school but little one and I would be happy to meet up Tuesdays or Thursdays. We're Canadian.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:22 am

i am American from FL/NY, there is Fidgets in Turf City for the little ones to play --tends to be better for walking toddlers.

another place that is fun inside Turf City is Scrumptious, a cafe with an area for kids to play in, all enclosed. if anyone wants to meet, i have a 27 month old boy, just drop me a pm.

RobynSFBAY

American mom in culture shock freak out!

Post by RobynSFBAY » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 4:01 pm

Looking for american moms/women living near Holland....or moms also belonging to American Club. I've got two boys (3 &4). I am hoping to find some fun girls to befriend and of course to pick your brains about getting comfortable. I literally just landed but wasn't expecting this kind of anxiety! I've lived abroad before...but this feels BIG. Look forward to chatting.

Garden Girl

American moving to Singapore- Overwhelmed!

Post by Garden Girl » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:48 pm

HI- I am moving from FL to Singapore in March. I too have a small child (3.5yrs) and will be looking to make new friends.
My husband will be working in district 1 and we are so overwhelmed with looking for a place to live and a pre school for our daughter. We are open to a local school or international with a strong bi lingual program (we are thinking Mandarin). We also want to be somewhat close to my husband's office. We are coming from a fairly large and new home and would like to find a newer condo. Do we look for a school or apartment first? Can anyone recommend where to start? My huband will be going to Singapore at the end of January to look for a place to live for us. Any help or site would be greatly appreicated. :D
Garden Girl

muitrang

get together!

Post by muitrang » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:13 am

Hi all! Would you like getting together next Tuesday at Vivo city (play area, 2nd floor, near Berger King) for coffee? I think it is a good place for moms to chat and kids to run around. I’m thinking about 11 am. Or any suggest? If any of you would like to join please reply or contact me directly at [email protected]. Hope to see and get to know everyone. Mui

balt2dub

to RobynSFBay

Post by balt2dub » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:36 pm

Hi, Did you just move from San Fran? We are moving from San Fran to Singapore in July and have also lived abroad before but not with kids and this move, with looking for schools and a place to live is seeming big to me too. How is it going? Is the American Women's Association good for meeting other Americans? It was my saving grace last time we were abroad but it seems like the Singapore expat community is way bigger than where we were. Also, this will be my first overseas move as a mom. I have a 5 year old boy.

Anyway, just saw your post and thought I'd say hello. I guess I am too new on the forum to do a "pm".

rissaroo

Post by rissaroo » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:50 am

Hey...i'm an American also...moved here from Seattle 9 years ago...I have 2 kids, 4 1/2 year old boy and 16 month old girl. I live in Toa Payoh...would love to get together with other moms!!!

TravelingTexans

Just moved to Singapore last week

Post by TravelingTexans » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:46 pm

Hi,

I just moved here from the States last week. I have a 7.5 month old daughter and would love to meet some other stay-at-home moms and perhaps even join a playgroup. We live near Somerset MRT. Please let me know if anyone is interested - coffee? walking? bfast/lunch? exploring?

Thanks,

Amanda

Zehan

Post by Zehan » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 2:21 pm

Hi, we moved in here from Houston,TX about 10 months ago, i'm asian but my hubby is an American.
My daughter already in Playnursery, I would love to meet any American homestay mum for breakfast or playdate.

email me @ [email protected]

bierlyb

Contact for Playdates!

Post by bierlyb » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 9:48 pm

I am having trouble using the pm feature on this forum, so I hope people find my note here. My husband and I just moved here from Chicago two days ago with our son. He is 13 months old and very active! I would love to meet up for playdates, coffee, etc., maybe even tomorrow or Friday. Please e-mail me at [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from people. I am a bit homesick. We live near Orchard Rd and Grange.

balt2dub

to KATY2--i was unable to reply to your private msg because

Post by balt2dub » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:57 am

I was too new to the forum to reply or post a private mssage back to you.

Thanks for your reply though and sorry we will miss you.

You said your son was 5 and went to SAS. Did he take the bus? If so, how did that go?

Thanks again and good luck!

katy2

Post by katy2 » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 3:28 pm

Yes He takes the bus to SAS every day. 40 minutes each way and he totally does not mind.

bierlyb

Re: Contact for Playdates!

Post by bierlyb » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 9:59 pm

Someone replied to my last forum post and expressed interest in meeting for a playdate. I am having trouble replying through the forum. I am definitely interested. Please send me a personal e-mail to [email protected] (instead of replying through the forum).

Others, please let me know if you are interested in meeting for a playgroup. My son is 13 months old.

seatosin

Post by seatosin » Wed, 28 Apr 2010 2:53 pm

I'm also Asian-American (born and raised in Seattle) and new to Singapore with a daughter who is 21 months old.

We'd love to meet other moms and their kiddos! Please PM me if interested in getting together. (I've already PM'd a couple of folks on this forum.) We live near Newton MRT but willing to go wherever is kid-friendly.