Singapore Expats

Bored of gym? Wanna dance? What styles you like most?

Find your sports & recreational partners & Teams here.
IamDifferent

Bored of gym? Wanna dance? What styles you like most?

Post by IamDifferent » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 8:01 pm

Hi, Everyone!

Let's share here what kinds of dance you like most or u'd like to learn... Working out in gym gets dull, jogging with a dog is no fun too... Dance brings a lot of emotions and excitement when you hear favourite music and you can express yourself through the body language... Well, talking abt myself... I’m in love with R’n’B, Jazz Funk, Ragga Jam, Wacking and Go-Go. Currently, I'm training in Europe and considering about moving to Singapore...
So... anyone in Singapore so crazy about dancing too? What do you dance and anything new you would like to try? Please, share your passions and wishes…
Please, advice me some dance schools that you go to… I’d really appreciate it!

Thanx a lot!

natalie14

Post by natalie14 » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 3:45 pm

Hey!

I recently moved to Singapore and was interested to know what they had to offer in dance as I've been dancing since I was 3.
I tried out a few places but found that most of the 'good' places only offered classical ballet, there's a new studio that's opened in Suntec City Mall though-Jody Marshall Dance Company.
It's an Australian school who have come and opened up here and they offer everything; jazz,tap, ballet, hip hop, acrobatics, fitness classes they have it all.
I went down and tried there fitness class and it was great i sweated more in the first 5 minutes of that class then i usually do after a full workout at the gym haha, I also did the jazz class and it was great did technique work and a routine.
Come try it out :)