Singapore Expats

Biggest gamble of your life?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Biggest gamble of your life?

Post by macaroonie » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 5:59 pm

So what do you consider would be the biggest gamble of your life? (i'm not talking about money here!)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 6:05 pm

Getting married the third time! :o

Course that's still about money izzint it! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaroonie » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 6:09 pm

Wow, so after 2 goes, you were brave enough to try a 3rd? wow that's brave!! :o

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 6:22 pm

If I would have taken that job offer based in Serbia, that would have been it but alas, they wanted me there in a week's time and I couldn't leave my current job then legally in that short a period. The next then would be resigning from my job of six years (ever since I graduated) during the the onset of the latest recession to take a job here in Singers that wasn't even 100% mine yet at the time. Yes, I'm boring and a square.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 9:24 pm

macaroonie wrote:Wow, so after 2 goes, you were brave enough to try a 3rd? wow that's brave!! :o
Sometimes, if you keep getting back up, when life knocks you down, you get lucky. We've been married 26 years now! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mulatto
Regular
Regular

biggest gamble in my life

Post by mulatto » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 9:50 pm

so far it would be when i left my home town and settled in SG!

without a single moment to stop, think and bod good-byes, i left my folks back home and went AWOL

the gamble paid off. :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 6:22 pm

Life is a gamble everyday, no matter what! The question should be are you more positive than you are negative, the rewards will come gradually or all at once, but if you are negative only, well that really speaks for itself.

Most people learn by the ups and downs in life, but never give up, they fight on, others dwindle by the wayside, it's a matter of choice! The gamble is on yourself, and if you want to be a winner, you do not let the negatives in life control your judgement.

Ask yourself what are the odds, of getting hit by a car, if you keep walking into the road, with your eyes closed? Disease, love, accidents, crime, jobs, finance, are all risks we have to deal with, though some are better prepared than others to minimise those risks. I have found the easiest way of dealing with life, is not to take it too seriously, becuase when you are gone, you are gone and everyone else will enjoy the rewards of gambling on yourself.

Imagine you earn millions of $, you drop dead and your spouse meets up with a very younger perosn to enjoy all your hard earned cash, how sad would that be? Pretty damned bad luck if you ask me, so enjoy what you can, when you can with moderation not greed and don't forget to pay it forward, when your luck changes!

That's also how losers become winners for the moment and helps them to overcome the negative feelings in life for a while, and may well help someone to not give up!

There is love and caring people out there and nothing more satisfying than a helping hand at Christmas to those that need it!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Biggest gamble of your life?

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:16 am

macaroonie wrote:So what do you consider would be the biggest gamble of your life? (i'm not talking about money here!)
To stay SINGLE & HAPPY :cool:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Getting married the third time! :o
Snap
Be Like Water

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaroonie » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 6:41 pm

No wonder you are a tough talking turkey SMS!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 8:42 pm

macaroonie wrote:No wonder you are a tough talking turkey SMS!
I, like ksl, have been to the post and back. Both of us have been where angles fear to tread and survived. Hopefully, nobody has to follow in our footsteps. But, survivors we are. Sane? Well that all depends on who you are talking to and any given time! :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
macaroonie wrote:No wonder you are a tough talking turkey SMS!
I, like ksl, have been to the post and back. Both of us have been where angles fear to tread and survived. Hopefully, nobody has to follow in our footsteps. But, survivors we are. Sane? Well that all depends on who you are talking to and any given time! :lol:
:)

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaroonie » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 6:02 pm

No wonder both of you (SMS and KSL) are so tough..the saying is true "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger"

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:27 am

ksl wrote:Life is a gamble everyday, no matter what! The question should be are you more positive than you are negative, the rewards will come gradually or all at once, but if you are negative only, well that really speaks for itself.

Most people learn by the ups and downs in life, but never give up, they fight on, others dwindle by the wayside, it's a matter of choice! The gamble is on yourself, and if you want to be a winner, you do not let the negatives in life control your judgement.

Ask yourself what are the odds, of getting hit by a car, if you keep walking into the road, with your eyes closed? Disease, love, accidents, crime, jobs, finance, are all risks we have to deal with, though some are better prepared than others to minimise those risks. I have found the easiest way of dealing with life, is not to take it too seriously, becuase when you are gone, you are gone and everyone else will enjoy the rewards of gambling on yourself.

Imagine you earn millions of $, you drop dead and your spouse meets up with a very younger perosn to enjoy all your hard earned cash, how sad would that be? Pretty damned bad luck if you ask me, so enjoy what you can, when you can with moderation not greed and don't forget to pay it forward, when your luck changes!

That's also how losers become winners for the moment and helps them to overcome the negative feelings in life for a while, and may well help someone to not give up!

There is love and caring people out there and nothing more satisfying than a helping hand at Christmas to those that need it!

:wink: Well mention! Support.Yup I am agreed your words here.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Biggest gamble of your life?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:32 am

blue_thunder wrote:
macaroonie wrote:So what do you consider would be the biggest gamble of your life? (i'm not talking about money here!)
To stay SINGLE & HAPPY :cool:
:oops: I have friends who already married and have kids .

Happen to question me one day.

what if all the present friends who are single happen to get marry .

left you alone.

no one accompay you going out.

next time when you are old.
parents not around

aloner isn;t it very pityful?

I blush him off poietly joke with him , well why don;t intro a girl to me?

next I believe nowadays there is many stuffs out there to enjoy and can accompany you well.?
for example watching movies on net?

sufting the net?at home?

already occupy half of your days in fact.

and doing sports?like swimming .