Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missSHER
Regular
Regular

Post by missSHER » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 7:52 pm

babydollbib wrote:Another walk-in interview!!
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... nCrew2.jsp

So fast they having another walk-in interview?Ughhh I can't wait for my turn,can't wait to graduate!!
OMG!! That's really fast!

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 8:46 pm

This time we must reach at 7am in order to prevent the jam. haha
apple

jasonbwy

Post by jasonbwy » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:30 pm

ohhh
myyyy
godddd
nice!~

eunicelee

Post by eunicelee » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:34 pm

hey,i am from malaysia and finish my stpm awhile ago. i didnt get my result yet. so i do not have my stpm certificated. my question is can i go for the walk in interview without my stpm certificated?

babydollbib

Post by babydollbib » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:52 pm

loh loh wrote:This time we must reach at 7am in order to prevent the jam. haha
Hahha,that's so early!You went for previous interviews before?How was it!

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:15 pm

babydollbib wrote:
loh loh wrote:This time we must reach at 7am in order to prevent the jam. haha
Hahha,that's so early!You went for previous interviews before?How was it!
lol. i was out during the 1st rd. i guess its becos i didn't prepare and was too nervous. so if you are going this time, do do do make an effort prepare. eg, put light make up, and practice how to talk properly and relax! :) I reached at 9am that time and waited till 3pm to start my first rd! so this time must go earlier if you don't want to wait. hee
apple

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:31 pm

so, do they still shine the spot light to your face? thats in the round u in kebaya?

or the 2nd one? y guys saying the malay girl.. is it after round 1? only see and talk to u right? then go to game + 1 on 1?

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 1:15 am

yay!!!

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 1:25 am

hey, for SQ, if we were to have a tattoo that would be hidden under the uniform, it's okay right?? thanks :)

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 3:33 am

may i know, if we were fail management round for silkair, would we be banned from trying SQ as well?

and also, if we got selected for silkair and then reject their offer, will we be blacklisted & not be able to try SQ too?

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 9:10 am

st4rz wrote:may i know, if we were fail management round for silkair, would we be banned from trying SQ as well?
and also, if we got selected for silkair and then reject their offer, will we be blacklisted & not be able to try SQ too?
Hi there..I was with Silkair for 4 years and what i knew was, if you reject Silkair's offer, you wont be ban from SQ..that goes the same if you fail Silkair's management round..as long as you did not sign the contract with Silkair and has not been issue the airport pass(meaning your name is not in the SIA and its subsidiaries' system), considered you are safe and "clean". However, you cannot try for another Silkair's Interview process, and must wait 6 months before u are cleared. As for tattoo wise, so long as it is covered, and cannot be seen it is alright, i have batchmates with full back body tattoo, and some on their shoulderblades, also some on their waists, so its alright..having tattoos are the Norm in airline industry(cause most crews are fun and outgoing), as long as it is not visible, and we always project our professionalism when on duty.. = )
Hope this helps.. Thanks..
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

dolphinvonvon

Need Advise - Recruitment in 10 January 2010

Post by dolphinvonvon » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:20 am

Hi all, there is a recruitment for CC in 10 January 2010, this is my 1st time applying , please advise before i go for the application.

1. I am a Diploma holder of kaplan Spore (private institution) do they accept?

2. I have a tattoo which is on my left arm but can be hidden with sleeves on?

3. What questions will they ask ? and how to answer it with confident? why you want to be a cabin crew in SIA and etc.

Thanking you all :D

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Re: Need Advise - Recruitment in 10 January 2010

Post by kindaichi1234 » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:32 am

Hello dolphinvonvon,

In Round 2, a HR officer will ask for your Diploma certificate and she will check against a list of schs that are accepted or recognized by them. Think should be alright coz SQ do accept pte sch diplomas.

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:24 pm

thanks pinksapphire for your help... cleared my doubts. :)

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 1:16 pm

eunicelee wrote:hey,i am from malaysia and finish my stpm awhile ago. i didnt get my result yet. so i do not have my stpm certificated. my question is can i go for the walk in interview without my stpm certificated?
You may use your SPM cert first.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!