Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 09 Dec 2009 5:56 pm

dear blurcase,

i heard cosmopolitan clinic is good..maybe you would like to try? u can find their website by google it..

and about ur scar / dark pigmentation, concealer always do wonders :lol:
Accomplish or do not begin

blurcase

Post by blurcase » Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:08 pm

caryssa wrote:dear blurcase,

i heard cosmopolitan clinic is good..maybe you would like to try? u can find their website by google it..

and about ur scar / dark pigmentation, concealer always do wonders :lol:
Thanks alot! I'll try to ask! so far I have emailed the lady regarding this.. but she say scar cannot be removed.... it can only be reduced to abit...

yeah.. I tried concealed... but I am afraid it still can be seen under strong light...

Edited by moderator: Please refrain from naming individuals connected with recruitment to protect their privacy. Thank you for your co-operation.

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:18 am

for the benefit of all the wannabes.. interview format from what i gathered..

1. group interview. 10 person.. intro + random qns.

2. skin check - normal talking distance, turn left and center and right to check your complexion and ask about your skin regime or ask why we wants to join SIA as a cabin crew?
quoted: "Skin check is quite a chop chop thingy. She might ask u basic qns just to see how you look like when you talk. The lady asked me to lift up my fringe also. Think they are really quite selective in the skin check rd."

3. game thing + 1 to 1 interview.
game is some poker card memory game. Matching pairs according color/number. You will be working in a team vs another team.
quoted: "interviewer will interact provide some open ended ques for you rather than asking u to talk all the time. Oh ya, she did ask me some self introduction" "the interviewer asked us MANY questions and asked us to read a passage." "interviewer gave scenarios on flight and also talked about my past experience."
hmm. can someone furnish more on what are the qns like?

4. kebaya + poise check?

5. with 3 or 4 other candidates to 2 interviewers.
quoted from BT: "There will be group discussion, introduction of ur fellow wannabes, questions etc and may last for at least 30 to 40 mins." "interviewers will definitely ask you personal questions, to make sure you are really interested in this job, and that you can handle the workload and stress." "do you know that you need to wash toilet? a guy i met said he shrugged his shoulder and replied to them "why not"... I'm sure you can figure out why he didn't pass the mgt interview." "And secondly, they will definitely ask you difficult analytical questions. eg "is that a scar on your forehead?" but they want to see how you react when presented with difficult scenerios."
people who knows, please help to furnish as well..

i gathered these from diff people from the walk in.. some said skin check is after the game.. but i think it doesnt matter much, does it? those who went, feel free to add in any info for us who are going on the 12th. :)

p/s: take all these with a pinch of salt.. dont be too dependent on this. who knows interviewer might change their format again.

i'm trying to stop my self doubt.. bad skin, scars, weight, etc. i think we all should. just focus on how you can be there at your best condition, and do your best.. i think that's most practical for now.

sorry for the long post, now i should head to bed and try to look my best on 12! :-|

Gwen_wardrobe

Post by Gwen_wardrobe » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 2:05 am

dear stewards and stewardesses to be

just be urself, do ur part and let God do the rest!

SIA will know who to recruit and who not to at first glance! (thats wad some old birds claimed)

as for height, u need to be ard 157-158 the least, the shortest ive seen is probably 157 or 156.5. but thats exceptional cases. However, if ure ard 156......u may still try and don give up ok? though i am very sure chances are slim but at least u tried rather den never try at all.. =] and who knows interviewer doesnt have a clear vision tht morning, say ure 156 but she thought it is 158? haha. Good luck to the 156s or 157s. :) cos im a 157 myself........

as for scars, pls don waste money lasering unless its really that bad and protruding kinda. concealers helped alot.

makeup and hairdo wise, decent pleasant makeup with neat hairstyles(tied up neatly or clipped neatly etc) will do, don wear SIA MAKEUP PLS. like i say, jus be urself...btw, decent makeup is being polite and a basic grooming required by SIA, so pls put a little makeup at least, unless u look damn good and don look pale without makeup!

as for dress code,
to dress formally is a form of politeness and respect too, so ya, lucky for those who dressed up in spags or jeans before, etc, they prob got in becos of their eloquency etc and not their outlook,
nonetheless, be it wadever strong points u possess, pls dress decently, formal at least. nice court shoes or heels with straps at the back.

be firm in ur speech and subtle honesty. ok, contradictory, mind games maybe. know wad to say at the right time.;)be clear, firm , don speak too fast nor too slow and don be too long winded...
adopt right postures and the way u sit, becos ur disposition reflects wad kind of person u are already!

thats all ive gotta say, good luck guys and God bless =]

DoRyFish

Post by DoRyFish » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:31 pm

Hi,

Is there any plump female cabin crew? I actually found such photos on facebook. The pictures are taken in cabin so it really looks like its real. Can someone enlighten me on this please?

Thanks.

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:57 pm

who wants to head down together, pm me pls =)

hethel

write-in email / mailing address

Post by hethel » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 1:12 pm

Hi ...

I would very much love to go for the walk-in interview on saturday, but I have go on a oversea trip and would not be in Singapore :(

Can anyone so kind to provide me the email / mailing address for a write-in interview?

TIA :)

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 1:28 pm

DoRyFish wrote:Hi,

Is there any plump female cabin crew? I actually found such photos on facebook. The pictures are taken in cabin so it really looks like its real. Can someone enlighten me on this please?

Thanks.
Haha, nice question. There are cabin crew of all sizes if you were to go down to the airport to see for yourself. But i guess most of them became plump after they joined the airline

DoRyFish

Post by DoRyFish » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 2:26 pm

I thought their bmi is supposed to be 22 and below according to the contact? Why aren't they grounded? If those who put on weight are allowed to fly then perhaps plump gals are accepted?

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 4:16 pm

DoRyFish wrote:I thought their bmi is supposed to be 22 and below according to the contact? Why aren't they grounded? If those who put on weight are allowed to fly then perhaps plump gals are accepted?
how did you got to know this? isn't healthy bmi below 23?

thewickedtruth

Post by thewickedtruth » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 4:43 pm

Any good concealer in the market that your would recommend for sensitive skin?

DoRyFish

Post by DoRyFish » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 5:49 pm

duriancake wrote:
DoRyFish wrote:I thought their bmi is supposed to be 22 and below according to the contact? Why aren't they grounded? If those who put on weight are allowed to fly then perhaps plump gals are accepted?
how did you got to know this? isn't healthy bmi below 23?
i read that the part about the bmi below 22 is in bold in the contract. it was somewhere in this forum. not sure if its true.

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 5:55 pm

But, I have a scar on my lower elbow... its like dark pigmentation something like that..

I believe the kebaya's sleeve will be somewhere below the elbow... if you're lucky, maybe the sleeve could cover your pigmentation.. = )
and when i did the kebaya round some time last year, they only asked me to lay out my hands, and turned it around.. they didnt really check or see uptill the elbows.. just to be safe, just apply some concealer on the area and "dab" it into your skin..to ensure that there's no uneven lines or patchiness.. just act like normal..the more you're like trying so hard to cover it, the more they'll notice.. try to move their attention on other stuffs..like your smile~~~ =)
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 6:35 pm

Plavt wrote:This is irrelevant and has nothing to do with your recent posts and denotes not only your arrogance, sarcasm and stupidity but shows your incompetence and inability with the English language. Note: I have never mentioned anything about the water confidence test since it was scrapped so get your facts right! By the way I probably know more about aircraft than you do since I notice the cabin crew rarely have much, if any technical knowledge. Since you are obviousy so damned stupid why not do us all big favour and shut up half-wit!
Oldman, since respect is not shown, i doubt you deserved any. If me being a half wit and damned stupid, i would say you're just a retard to begin with. you just do not get the point ive been trying to drive at.

im sure you know the technical details of an aircraft better, who doesnt? one can be proficient when you read up more about it online but when it comes to cabin services, safety aspects, where do you stand? no where, old man! :cool:

Of course, you havent been mentioning anything about the water confidence test when it was scrapped because you chose to. I would have shut my gap if i knew my information were incorrect.

You were so certain AT THAT POINT OF TIME that the interviewees needed to have the ability to swim. Just like how you deemed that girls have to meet the minimum height right now because of safety aspects. Maybe both of us are wrong, at least for SIA. dont tell me emirates, cathay or thai? :oops:

Comeon old man, we are in the line, we know the details better. We, Singaporeans. Maybe I wouldn't know that much but at least more than an oldman like yourself, whom isn't in the line. Don't blow your own trumpet please. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Anyway I think this is as far I would like to take the matter to as far as I'm concerned. I need not indulge in your personal attacks. Grow up a bit, give yourself some space so you wouldn't be so uptight. You will lead a happier life. Oh, last but not least, please do not ban me like what you have done last round? :P

M :cool:
Last edited by M on Thu, 10 Dec 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 6:37 pm

DoRyFish wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Not when you apply. You will tend to put on some weight after flying so those are probably seasoned crews you have saw. 8-)