Singapore Expats

Recreational weekend drummer looking for guitarist(s)

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pcomerford

Recreational weekend drummer looking for guitarist(s)

Post by pcomerford » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 1:27 pm

I use to play with a couple mates back in London on the weekends as a hobby and I would like to do the same here. We would always look forward to it. Nothing too serious mind you - just go to a studio and jam for a bit and work on some songs.

So I'm looking for someone who enjoys his/her guitar, and would like to hit the studio so they can plug it in and turn it up a bit.
I know I’m keen to bash those skins nice and loud – that electric kit I have just isn’t the same.
With so many studios around town, it’s silly not to do it!

I’m a young 35 so I'm thinking more of the old definition of rock n’ roll like, but not limiting to the usual older culprits – Led Zep, Who, Neil Young, Stones, and moving up the years with Pearl Jam (yup they are still around) and Green Day, just to name a few…
Not too keen on playing the likes of artic monkeys as the sound is a bit too soft for me.
So if you are bringing a fender, I hope you’ve got a Big Muff to go with it.

Just looking for guitar(s) at the moment – lets keep it simple and get some rhythm going, then see what happens…

Paul

P.S. This is pretty casual stuff – no gigs planned or anything like that.
It’s just a hobby. Just some recreational fun on the weekends with like minded people…

Hactar

Post by Hactar » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:46 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm a 30 year old dutch guy, and I play guitar (among other things). I've been trying to collect people to start a recreational band, over the last few weeks and we're definately short a drummer. Actually, band-wise we're short of most things; but I have been able to find some people to jam with.

Music-wise; I'm very much into bands like Pearl Jam and Green Day, but also the heavier stuff (Biohazard, Nightwish). I wouldn't mind playing some blues either though. I won't be bringing a Fender, but I've found you can rock pretty well on a Les Paul.

Truth be told; I know few rock songs on guitar, as I'm mostly used to writing my own stuff. But I'm happy to study some cover songs as it'll improve my playing.

I'd be happy to meet up and play some together and see if we can get something on the road. I'm not yet so at home with rehearsal studio's, but I'm sure we can find something. Drop me an e-mail if you would.

Jaap
jajbrand 'at' yahoo.com
"Kings and lords come and go and leave nothing but statues in a desert, while a couple of young men tinkering in a workshop change the way the world works." - The Patrician (in 'The Truth' by Terry Pratchett)

pcomerford

Post by pcomerford » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 3:47 pm

Sure Jaap, I'll send you a note...

campbellh

Re: Recreational weekend drummer looking for guitarist(s)

Post by campbellh » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:15 am

pcomerford wrote:I use to play with a couple mates back in London on the weekends as a hobby and I would like to do the same here. We would always look forward to it. Nothing too serious mind you - just go to a studio and jam for a bit and work on some songs.

So I'm looking for someone who enjoys his/her guitar, and would like to hit the studio so they can plug it in and turn it up a bit.
I know I’m keen to bash those skins nice and loud – that electric kit I have just isn’t the same.
With so many studios around town, it’s silly not to do it!

I’m a young 35 so I'm thinking more of the old definition of rock n’ roll like, but not limiting to the usual older culprits – Led Zep, Who, Neil Young, Stones, and moving up the years with Pearl Jam (yup they are still around) and Green Day, just to name a few…
Not too keen on playing the likes of artic monkeys as the sound is a bit too soft for me.
So if you are bringing a fender, I hope you’ve got a Big Muff to go with it.

Just looking for guitar(s) at the moment – lets keep it simple and get some rhythm going, then see what happens…

Paul

P.S. This is pretty casual stuff – no gigs planned or anything like that.
It’s just a hobby. Just some recreational fun on the weekends with like minded people…
Ever find a drummer? - I'm an ex-pat drummer looking for a band...

Bob

Wuza

guitarist

Post by Wuza » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 4:22 pm

23 y/o male guitarist from the US here down to play pretty much anything. I brought my paul reed smith custom 24 to singapore with me and I just lack a nice half stack and some people to play it with. PM me if you are interested.

campbellh

Re: guitarist

Post by campbellh » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 4:56 pm

Wuza wrote:23 y/o male guitarist from the US here down to play pretty much anything. I brought my paul reed smith custom 24 to singapore with me and I just lack a nice half stack and some people to play it with. PM me if you are interested.
Cool - nice guitar! Can't PM since it says I haven't posted enough. Send me an email: [email protected]

Bob

HansAndersen
Regular
Regular

Post by HansAndersen » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 1:40 pm

Awesome, seems there's quite a group of musicians here! we should all get together for a jam sometime..

I'm a drummer, from Australia, and I have my own band here,

www.myspace.com/flawedelement

Music is in preproduction now, album will be out soon.

Anyways,

I'm up for a jam anytime, and beers as well.

Hans

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 10:52 pm

bassist here, to form or join
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Hactar

re: HansAndersen

Post by Hactar » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:37 pm

HansAndersen wrote:Awesome, seems there's quite a group of musicians here! we should all get together for a jam sometime..

I'm a drummer, from Australia, and I have my own band here,

www.myspace.com/flawedelement

Music is in preproduction now, album will be out soon.

Anyways,

I'm up for a jam anytime, and beers as well.

Hans
Sounds very cool. Nice drums too.
"Kings and lords come and go and leave nothing but statues in a desert, while a couple of young men tinkering in a workshop change the way the world works." - The Patrician (in 'The Truth' by Terry Pratchett)

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 4:15 pm

Bassist, still looking for experienced players to form or to join an outfit, rock or preferably funk/R&B.