Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 3:53 pm

eatandsleep wrote:
er... maybe stress and late nights. I have a doctor that is good in this field. PM me if you need his address.
Your PM facility will not function correctly until you have made at least 5 posts (spam control).

Moderator.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 4:33 pm

hey duriancake,

is this sat walk-in your 2nd time trying? which round did you manage to get to?

becrew
Regular
Regular

Post by becrew » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:12 pm

it seems like SQ is having recruitment for cabin crew now after reading the recent messages.

how come i dont see there is any recruitment advertisement on SIA website leh? :???: i am confused...

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:17 pm

duriancake wrote:thanks girl!

anyway, anyone knows if we can explain the reason for our breakouts?

i have never knew i have allergies till my face breakout cos of it.. :mad: i am now totally sian already. if possible i dont mind going makeup-less or remove my make up for them to see.. cos it's really obvious it's allergy.
I would recommend you go to skin doc to take oral medication to stop breakout temporary (just for interview perhaps). Oral medication hardly fail to curb breakout on anyone. Although, this actually tantamount to cheating (the interviewers) :wink: Just a suggestion. If you do get in, you may have to take oral medication long term. Otherwise arrows will come flying to you coz of your complexion.

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:19 pm

AuroraValentina1927 wrote:anyone knows the sizes of the kebaya? :D
Just so you know. I quoted myself as below
zxtangellove wrote: Kebaya! Ok i am a topshop size 6-8 person. The kebaya top i fit into is size 33. I forgot the size of the bottom i picked. Don't worry abt not having enuff time to try the kebaya. I had quite some time to get ready for that =D

queenbee

Post by queenbee » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 2:03 am

Hi,

im really interested to be a cabin crew but unfortunately i do not meet the min height req. i am 1.56/1.57 and wouldn't mind trying out for the walk in this sat, but im too scared to be turned away once they see my application form.

has anyone below the min height requirement actually went for the walk in and at least stand a chance to go to the next round or first round w/o being turned away??

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 2:53 am

queenbee wrote:Hi,

im really interested to be a cabin crew but unfortunately i do not meet the min height req. i am 1.56/1.57 and wouldn't mind trying out for the walk in this sat, but im too scared to be turned away once they see my application form.

has anyone below the min height requirement actually went for the walk in and at least stand a chance to go to the next round or first round w/o being turned away??
#-o [-X [-o< [-o< [-o<

:shit:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 9:42 am

queenbee wrote:Hi,

Try. Height isnt an issue if they really want you. This has been said again and again, and again and agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

:cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 9:44 am

duriancake wrote:actually, anyone knows the rational behind having walk in after write in? why dont they do it one shot?
Demands, logistic and manpower cost? :-k

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:53 am

if height is not an issue, then why is there a min height requirement in the first place? the min height requirement is for safety reason..its very important..unless u have a long enough hand even though you are 156/157cm?
Accomplish or do not begin

AuroraValentina1927

Post by AuroraValentina1927 » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:56 am

zxtangellove wrote: Kebaya! Ok i am a topshop size 6-8 person. The kebaya top i fit into is size 33. I forgot the size of the bottom i picked. Don't worry abt not having enuff time to try the kebaya. I had quite some time to get ready for that =D
hey zxtangellove!
what happens for u after the kebaya round?

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 2:15 pm

eatandsleep wrote: er... maybe stress and late nights. I have a doctor that is good in this field. PM me if you need his address.
Cheers
it's abit too late for that right? :/
amandababy wrote:hey duriancake,
is this sat walk-in your 2nd time trying? which round did you manage to get to?
yeah. none.. i keep choking on my words during the group interview, i dont know if thats the reason why i got kicked out. :/ it's damn ironic cos that was what i am most confident at.. and i've nv fail any group interviews except for sia. ](*,)

How about you? :)
zxtangellove wrote: I would recommend you go to skin doc to take oral medication to stop breakout temporary (just for interview perhaps). Oral medication hardly fail to curb breakout on anyone. Although, this actually tantamount to cheating (the interviewers) :wink: Just a suggestion. If you do get in, you may have to take oral medication long term. Otherwise arrows will come flying to you coz of your complexion.
can that work? cos the breakout is due to allergy.. you have any idea what med is that? any side effect? cos i dont want to depend on it for long term..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 2:31 pm

caryssa wrote:if height is not an issue, then why is there a min height requirement in the first place? the min height requirement is for safety reason..its very important..unless u have a long enough hand even though you are 156/157cm?
minimum height is there for a reason, just like your qualifications. i wouldnt want a batch of 155cm stewardess?

like ive said before, there are existing stewardess below the height of 158cm and all they are on a case by case basis. my batchgirl is. :tongue:

its never for safety. you mean you need to be 158cm to activate the slide raft or open the door? even if oxygen mask is deployed, you can still reach it. its more of a practical reason then a safety one. else you will see stewardess standing on the seat rest to close the overhead bin onboard. not a sight. :oops!:

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 3:20 pm

well, like wht u said..its on case by case basic. I am sure you heard before a lot of girl being rejected during the measurement time because of the shortage of 1 or 2 cm..if the girl who measured their height already failed them, then how are they going to prove that they are the one that the interviewer looking for? they wont even have the chance to show it.. :roll:
as when you said its not for safety reason, that is what i heard from my crew friend. The height requirement is to enable cc to reach the safety equipment during emergency and the equipment is stowed in the compartment.Am just sharing.But I still think you shouldnt giving them a hope that less 1 or 2 cm is ok because they have to waste their few hours just to being rejected at the height measurement time.
I know you are one of those SQ gal now. But still, from the way you talk, I hope you are not the one serving me onflight one day :P

Whatever it is, happy flying..
Accomplish or do not begin

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 4:34 pm

1 asked, 2 asked.. so many have asked abt the height issue. maybe whoever wanna find out should go to the previous pages.. not like it's 100 pages away, it's less than 10.

and, we all have seen ppl getting through with shortfall of 1-2cm but, we also have seen ppl rejected cos of the same thing. this is so subjective.

it boils down to, whether you wanna go give it a try.. whether you think the wait is worth it anot. :wink: