Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
seizetheday

Post by seizetheday » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 1:32 am

height requirement is mandatory @screening round (1.58m), & they seem to be less accurate, will cut 2cm off your actual height, either that, or the person shrank 2cm on that day...

those who are keen, just go for it!!!

kostar00

Post by kostar00 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 1:53 am

i couldn't help but stumble onto this sites, a lot of aspiring crew wanna be..

anyway here's my tips,

before even the interview starts, yes, height requirement is definitely important. sad to say, if you dun meet the basic 1.58 for girls, even if u got in, you will have a lot of problems when you start flying, all those overhead compartments are super high, especially 380 1s.. as for those graduating, must sure you must pass, they will ask for your transcript when you complete ya poly.

round 1 - groups of usually all guys or girls. usually they ask 2 simple questions. just smile a lot; keep eye contact with the interviewers; and say something to amuse the interviewers cos' out of all these 10 or so people, you must beat all of them to get in. cruel eh? but it's reality

round 2 - kebaya fitting for girls. they are looking out for girls with the right body posture, ya overall skin color, how you look in the blue kebaya. make sure you walk and stand straight, keep smiling. and most importantly, show them you are capable to be the right singapore girl. and yes, during interview, they are looking out for scars on forearms and legs, so if you got those tiny pigment or scars, concealers girls!! and even out to your nearest skin tone

round 3 (half way there :) ) - 1-1 management interview, this is when they will look out for your attitude, your pronunciation and ask ya a little about the company so and so. 1st they will choose a passage for you to read out loud. do it like your 'o' or 'a' level, and you will be fine! articulate and pronounced each word correctly. and give answers that are most humble.

round 4 (like finally) - last time was 2-1 management interview, probably they have changed. last check on whether you have the right attitude for the job. and how well spoken you really are. they will look at how you sit, how you speak, how you maintain your eye contact, and how engaging you can be to the conversation.

give ya best, do not be nervous as it will not get you anywhere, and SMILE all the time. charm them with your lovely smile, girls and guys! do not forget to interact with everyone, not just those who you went to the interview with. and remember, when you answer anything, choose the 1 that is the most humble!

good luck yeah :)
Life is full of ups and down.

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 7:04 am

kostar00 wrote:i couldn't help but stumble onto this sites, a lot of aspiring crew wanna be..

anyway here's my tips,

before even the interview starts, yes, height requirement is definitely important. sad to say, if you dun meet the basic 1.58 for girls, even if u got in, you will have a lot of problems when you start flying, all those overhead compartments are super high, especially 380 1s.. as for those graduating, must sure you must pass, they will ask for your transcript when you complete ya poly.

round 1 - groups of usually all guys or girls. usually they ask 2 simple questions. just smile a lot; keep eye contact with the interviewers; and say something to amuse the interviewers cos' out of all these 10 or so people, you must beat all of them to get in. cruel eh? but it's reality

round 2 - kebaya fitting for girls. they are looking out for girls with the right body posture, ya overall skin color, how you look in the blue kebaya. make sure you walk and stand straight, keep smiling. and most importantly, show them you are capable to be the right singapore girl. and yes, during interview, they are looking out for scars on forearms and legs, so if you got those tiny pigment or scars, concealers girls!! and even out to your nearest skin tone

round 3 (half way there :) ) - 1-1 management interview, this is when they will look out for your attitude, your pronunciation and ask ya a little about the company so and so. 1st they will choose a passage for you to read out loud. do it like your 'o' or 'a' level, and you will be fine! articulate and pronounced each word correctly. and give answers that are most humble.

round 4 (like finally) - last time was 2-1 management interview, probably they have changed. last check on whether you have the right attitude for the job. and how well spoken you really are. they will look at how you sit, how you speak, how you maintain your eye contact, and how engaging you can be to the conversation.

give ya best, do not be nervous as it will not get you anywhere, and SMILE all the time. charm them with your lovely smile, girls and guys! do not forget to interact with everyone, not just those who you went to the interview with. and remember, when you answer anything, choose the 1 that is the most humble!

good luck yeah :)
There are changes to the above since the last write-in interview eg. the 2nd rd comprises of a game plus 1 on 1 and the 3rd is the kebaya/poise/skin check. The 4th rd made up of 2 interviewers and 3 to 5 wannabe and the whole process may take up to 40 mins.

cdevil

Post by cdevil » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:33 am

caryssa wrote:hi cdevil,

me me me...finiz work at 1pm..have to rush to suntec after that..wht time you finish work? pm me ur msn address so that we can talk more there?
hi caryssa, I cant PM you as I do not have enough posts. You can add me @ [email protected]. I will be online at night only as my company blocked msn. Most probably I can reach Suntec before 1pm.

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:55 am

hi cdevil,

is that ur msn address? because it doesnt seem valid. :roll:
Accomplish or do not begin

cdevil

Post by cdevil » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:48 pm

yep. [email protected]
there's underscore after celest.

pitkhee87

Post by pitkhee87 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 1:49 pm

Im a Malaysian just finished my degree and looking forward for the interview on 12nd Dec.. But problem is transportation..Gonna travel to JB stay over my friend's house and then on 12nd early morning about 6am only take bus go Singapore..The whole traveling thing is kinda giving me second thought about going down and i do not want to look tired.. =( any advise how to travel down for interview since i read that is better to reach there earlier to get into more front group...

cdevil

Post by cdevil » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 2:05 pm

Caryssa, I'm on my yahoo mail now. You in?

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 2:29 pm

pitkhee87 wrote:Im a Malaysian just finished my degree and looking forward for the interview on 12nd Dec.. But problem is transportation..Gonna travel to JB stay over my friend's house and then on 12nd early morning about 6am only take bus go Singapore..The whole traveling thing is kinda giving me second thought about going down and i do not want to look tired.. =( any advise how to travel down for interview since i read that is better to reach there earlier to get into more front group...
pitkhee87, I think it'll be wiser to come out on 11th (in the evening, if you're working on Friday.) It's going to be worth the money and save you the time on 12th itself. I'm staying in Singapore and even I am reaching way earlier than 9am to queue (yes, there WILL be a queue and a looooooong wait.)

Accomodation wise, are there any friends/relatives who can let you stay at their house for one night? Besides, what if on the 12th there's a weekend traffic at the custom? The interview is held from 9am to 2pm, sayang.

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 2:52 pm

cdevil,

im on my msn now..sent you my email address. c u on msn :)
Accomplish or do not begin

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 3:36 pm

:P
Last edited by kindaichi1234 on Wed, 02 Dec 2009 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pitkhee87

Post by pitkhee87 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 4:13 pm

artsan wrote:
pitkhee87 wrote:Im a Malaysian just finished my degree and looking forward for the interview on 12nd Dec.. But problem is transportation..Gonna travel to JB stay over my friend's house and then on 12nd early morning about 6am only take bus go Singapore..The whole traveling thing is kinda giving me second thought about going down and i do not want to look tired.. =( any advise how to travel down for interview since i read that is better to reach there earlier to get into more front group...
pitkhee87, I think it'll be wiser to come out on 11th (in the evening, if you're working on Friday.) It's going to be worth the money and save you the time on 12th itself. I'm staying in Singapore and even I am reaching way earlier than 9am to queue (yes, there WILL be a queue and a looooooong wait.)

Accomodation wise, are there any friends/relatives who can let you stay at their house for one night? Besides, what if on the 12th there's a weekend traffic at the custom? The interview is held from 9am to 2pm, sayang.
I have friends in sg but they will be back by weekend or there's no place to stay cause their landlord do not allow friends to stay over..the nearest will be jb..then can i ask what is the earliest bus from jb to sg? plus cant afford stay in hotel, i just graduated with no income sources.. =(
i don't mind traveling all the way down from my hometown to sg..bt i cant afford to make myself look tired.. =( .. plus there's no earlier flight to reach spore..the cheapest one i could find only reach 8.45am plus i heard changi is kinda far from suntec.. depress..

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 4:30 pm

NOTED.

http://showbiz.omy.sg/Showbiz/E-News/St ... 09528.html

Who knows one of us might bump into her during the upcoming walk-in interview held at suntec. :shock:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 7:22 pm

kindaichi1234 wrote::P

:P

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 1:02 am

anyone have any idea if management is on the same day for walk in?

and is there a cap on the no. of applicant? or they will just stop registration at 2pm regardless of number of people?

TIA~