Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
missugly

Post by missugly » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:48 am

boii18 wrote:we 17th dec touch down, yup we just go with you during your follow-up

best of luck!
Yap! Thanks!

Will arrange to meet up with angelfren as well.. :D

btw, received your email and thanks for the information!

Keep in contact!

Blackstar

Post by Blackstar » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 3:30 pm

missugly wrote:
Blackstar wrote: Hey anyone wanna offer me advice?
Hi Blackstar,

What advice you needed? have you email Dr. Kao?
Yes I have email Dr Kao and I roughly know what I'm getting. I'm just worried about going to taiwan. This is my first trip to taiwan, moreover for a PS! Not very sure if i can plan it together like a vacation trip or I must stay at tapei for 7 days. It would be good if there is a grp of us gng there for same purpose. Btw dec ticket is so ex!

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 4:09 pm

i totally agree. A trip will be fun, especially as we have spent so much money on our surgeries, we might as well spend abit more to enjoy a good holiday in taiwan & make more new friends, notwithstanding the support we can give each other while being operated upon in a foreign country.

Can I start the ball rolling? Who's going in January?

missugly

Post by missugly » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 4:30 pm

Blackstar wrote:
missugly wrote:
Blackstar wrote: Hey anyone wanna offer me advice?
Hi Blackstar,

What advice you needed? have you email Dr. Kao?
Yes I have email Dr Kao and I roughly know what I'm getting. I'm just worried about going to taiwan. This is my first trip to taiwan, moreover for a PS! Not very sure if i can plan it together like a vacation trip or I must stay at tapei for 7 days. It would be good if there is a grp of us gng there for same purpose. Btw dec ticket is so ex!
This is my 1st trip to taiwan too! :oops:

For sure you cant plan it as a vacation especially when we are on our own for ps. Post op if get better, walk around for shopping shall consider as bonus! 8-)

You might have difficulties putting on tight fitting clothes and causes pain on new incision. So pls bring light baggage and loose clothes if possible. Not to forget you will need 1 thick jacket to keep you warm. Anyway, the weather is cold in taipei, so not to worry if your clothes might stink when wore more than onces :)

Mine is a last minute decision, out of no choice, pay high price ticket also must go ahead with plans :P

Will have a small meetup with a few people from the forum in taipei. Do leave down your email if you keen to tag along..

:)

missugly

Post by missugly » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 4:31 pm

huskyjude wrote:i totally agree. A trip will be fun, especially as we have spent so much money on our surgeries, we might as well spend abit more to enjoy a good holiday in taiwan & make more new friends, notwithstanding the support we can give each other while being operated upon in a foreign country.

Ticket in January should be cheaper compared to December. :cool:

Blackstar

Post by Blackstar » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 6:15 pm

missugly wrote:
huskyjude wrote:i totally agree. A trip will be fun, especially as we have spent so much money on our surgeries, we might as well spend abit more to enjoy a good holiday in taiwan & make more new friends, notwithstanding the support we can give each other while being operated upon in a foreign country.

Haha Ya! Actually I'm keen on gng coming Jan instead, cost abt 400 plus compared to 800 plus lowest in dec!

weeles

Post by weeles » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:10 am

followthesun wrote:
weeles wrote:
followthesun wrote: Pic update: after 1 year. without make up.

Results look really natural, mind me asking what surgery he performed - did he use the mini incision and magic epi?
Hi there,
it was 3 point mini incision and normal epi (not magic epi). I think only the korean doctors do magic epi..

moodie

Post by moodie » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:26 am

Hey everyone,

I actually read the whole 50-something pages and I am determined to go to Dr Su for double eyelid surgery despite the fact that I study in France. Only problem is I emailed her with many pictures and a few questions in English last week but she hasn't responded. Would she think that I am too troublesome and hence ignores me?

Also, I want to do buccal fat removal. Any doctor recommendation?

If anyone wants to go together, I could go during CNY, early March, or late April/beginning May =)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 2:46 pm

Dr. Jung & Dr. Chuang replied.

Dr. Chuang recommended the same procedure mini-incision double eyelid combined with epicanthoplasty but quoted NT35,000. Is this the same price you paid as well? Dr. Jung quoted NT20,000 for double eyelid surgery & NT12000 for Epicanthoplasty and advised that epi may not work for everyone.

Dr Chuang quoted NT80,000 for gorotex bridge augmentation,tiplasty with septal & ear cartilage graft, tip defatting for smaller tip, & alarplasty for nostril reduction.

Dr Jung quoted NT60,000 for silicone implant only on dorsum, with sculpturing of nose tip with septal cartilage and ear cartilage.

May I ask what is septal cartilage? Dr. Chuang's prices seem to go up quite a fair bit?

followthesun

Post by followthesun » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:19 pm

weeles wrote:
followthesun wrote:
weeles wrote: Hi there,
it was 3 point mini incision and normal epi (not magic epi). I think only the korean doctors do magic epi..
Thanks for getting back to me :) It's a shame that TW doctors have mastered the technique to do "korean style"double eyelid surgery and not the magic epi. Maybe later on they will

followthesun

Post by followthesun » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:22 pm

huskyjude wrote:Dr. Jung & Dr. Chuang replied.

Dr. Chuang recommended the same procedure mini-incision double eyelid combined with epicanthoplasty but quoted NT35,000. Is this the same price you paid as well? Dr. Jung quoted NT20,000 for double eyelid surgery & NT12000 for Epicanthoplasty and advised that epi may not work for everyone.

Dr Chuang quoted NT80,000 for gorotex bridge augmentation,tiplasty with septal & ear cartilage graft, tip defatting for smaller tip, & alarplasty for nostril reduction.

Dr Jung quoted NT60,000 for silicone implant only on dorsum, with sculpturing of nose tip with septal cartilage and ear cartilage.

May I ask what is septal cartilage? Dr. Chuang's prices seem to go up quite a fair bit?
I emailed Dr Chuang some time ago and still no reply, I think I need to do a slight nudging or reminding

Septal cartilage if i remember correctly is the existing cartilage inside the nose. Sometimes if you have enough you can use it in combination with ear catilage / rib for rhino

moodie

Post by moodie » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 2:05 am

followthesun, sorry I don't have enough posts to use the PM function. Can you perhaps PM me your email address?

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 2:03 pm

Blackstar wrote:
missugly wrote:

Haha Ya! Actually I'm keen on gng coming Jan instead, cost abt 400 plus compared to 800 plus lowest in dec!
I'm going in Jan and booked already. :)

The tickets are so much cheaper and I don't see any sense in going budget airlines at 800-900+ when in Jan I can get Eva Airlines at half the price. I already feel so claustrophobic in short flights to bangkok or KL I can't imagine going to Taipei on Jetstar. :???:

Millsy

Post by Millsy » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 3:29 pm

Hi I'm traveling to Taiwan to get my nose and eyes done with Dr. Kao. My sister is undecided about getting her chin done with Dr. Chuang or Dr. Kao. We will be in Taiwan on Jan 10 till Jan 24, 2010. Would love to meet up with some girls for some shopping and sightseeing. Our tickets have been booked and now I'm finalizing our accommodations. I might just end up staying at the apartment recommended by Dr. Kao for convenience. If anyone is interesting in hanging out feel free to email me : [email protected]

BTW we don't speak a single word of Mandarin.

This will be an interesting trip :???:

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 8:47 pm

jamie82 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
missugly wrote: Ticket in January should be cheaper compared to December. :cool:
I'm going in Jan and booked already. :)

The tickets are so much cheaper and I don't see any sense in going budget airlines at 800-900+ when in Jan I can get Eva Airlines at half the price. I already feel so claustrophobic in short flights to bangkok or KL I can't imagine going to Taipei on Jetstar. :???:
Hi, how much do you pay in total for the airtickets including airfare? Are you going alone?