Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
changeinme

Post by changeinme » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:17 am

just an overall review for people considering lipo in medan. i totally chickened out with the lipo. i went all the way there to medan stayed for a night and then after consultation with dr arthur i chickened out. i thought the place was pleasant overall and it would be nice to recover there.

main reason why i chickened out was cos of skin necrosis. i didn't quit smoking! he told me of the risk since its a huge area. my fault entirely, i didn't think it'd matter. he's a relatively youngish looking doctor. he mentioned that cosmetic surgery is a hobby in which he enjoys and he performs only 1 liposuction procedure a day because it's rather tiring since he spends 3-4 hours sculpting your body. he lives there in the house converted clinic by the way with the patients. it's a really homely clean and new. he has a maid who cleans up the place i think. i think he cares about his reputation more than anything, he's very honest with his patients. another girl who came on the same day as i did was going to perform lipo a day before me on her arms. she told me she cancelled too after surgery cos he has to remove some skin if not there might be a chance of excess skin. so she opted out. i think that made me think twice too but i pressed on until consultation. i thought to myself "get it over and done with" but after further consideration i thought what the hell this might scar me for life. so i decided maybe this isn't for me.

i met 2 sisters who did it there for their tummy and this time went back to do it on the arms. spoke with them briefly and they preped me for the pain before i decided to back out. its case study number 6 on the website which i've met.

during my consultation he pointed out how bad the epi scarring. he asked me where i did it. told him location not doctor. let's just say he had rather shocking things to say about nara. said how he has no respect for him. he said initially he thought nara was a great doctor thats why he was that famous but then he realised that he was famous cos he was cheap. told me that a patient told him that 10 of her referrals went with her and they all got hep b. he said that if a surgeon performs 10 surgeries a day that means he needs 10 sets of tools a day. he showed me the proper equipment used to sterilise tools. it looks like a roundish barrel thing. hmmm... don't really know what to think. any comments guys?

all in all kinda sad i didnt get it done. bittersweet. but i think i'll do it the proper way. exercise and diet pills haha. i've lived with my chubs for this long whats another year with exercise and dieting.... :roll:

jess89

Mid march.

Post by jess89 » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 9:37 am

Hi, anyone visiting hat yai in mid march? thinking of doing rhinoplasty and alarplasty.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 9:48 am

lame la, he is spoiling dr nara reputation i think.

the roundish barrel thing is called autoclave machine. just leave the tools in for 20 mins, thats all.

anyway alot of the surgical equipment and needles are disposable.

ats_syd

Post by ats_syd » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:28 am

changeinme,

I agree, with proper diet and exercise, you can loose the unwanted kilos. All you need is discipline , I have some friends who went for lipo ,looked good immediately after the op, but they kept up the unhealthy eating habit and skipped exercise, thinking they will stay the shape that the lipo gave them.

They put the fat back in no time.
Lipo will only give you the quick fix , but the results aren't permanent if your gene is prone to put on weigh easily, you'll have to work harder than the lucky ones who can eat a lot and yet stay skinny .
Last edited by ats_syd on Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:35 am

changeinme: good thing you didn't risk it. it's a pity but ur life is more impt..cheer up and may you lose weight successfully the healthy way. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:55 pm

changeinme wrote:just an overall review for people considering lipo in medan. i totally chickened out with the lipo. i went all the way there to medan stayed for a night and then after consultation with dr arthur i chickened out. i thought the place was pleasant overall and it would be nice to recover there.

main reason why i chickened out was cos of skin necrosis. i didn't quit smoking! he told me of the risk since its a huge area. my fault entirely, i didn't think it'd matter. he's a relatively youngish looking doctor. he mentioned that cosmetic surgery is a hobby in which he enjoys and he performs only 1 liposuction procedure a day because it's rather tiring since he spends 3-4 hours sculpting your body. he lives there in the house converted clinic by the way with the patients. it's a really homely clean and new. he has a maid who cleans up the place i think. i think he cares about his reputation more than anything, he's very honest with his patients. another girl who came on the same day as i did was going to perform lipo a day before me on her arms. she told me she cancelled too after surgery cos he has to remove some skin if not there might be a chance of excess skin. so she opted out. i think that made me think twice too but i pressed on until consultation. i thought to myself "get it over and done with" but after further consideration i thought what the hell this might scar me for life. so i decided maybe this isn't for me.

i met 2 sisters who did it there for their tummy and this time went back to do it on the arms. spoke with them briefly and they preped me for the pain before i decided to back out. its case study number 6 on the website which i've met.

during my consultation he pointed out how bad the epi scarring. he asked me where i did it. told him location not doctor. let's just say he had rather shocking things to say about nara. said how he has no respect for him. he said initially he thought nara was a great doctor thats why he was that famous but then he realised that he was famous cos he was cheap. told me that a patient told him that 10 of her referrals went with her and they all got hep b. he said that if a surgeon performs 10 surgeries a day that means he needs 10 sets of tools a day. he showed me the proper equipment used to sterilise tools. it looks like a roundish barrel thing. hmmm... don't really know what to think. any comments guys?

all in all kinda sad i didnt get it done. bittersweet. but i think i'll do it the proper way. exercise and diet pills haha. i've lived with my chubs for this long whats another year with exercise and dieting.... :roll:
biz must be really competitive, seems like all the docs have bad things to say abt their competition recently, arthur abt nara, nara abt puttisak, etc :P

the round barrel thing was in nara's clinic the first visit i went there in 2006, i dun think it's a rare piece of equipment, have seen it in tokai b4, even at the local dentist... just for sterilising equipment... 10 ppl getting hep B is a bit ludicrous, i would think that person would have posted in the forum by now...

anyway, dun lipo! i wanted to do it previously, but nara rejected me... have other frens who did it tho, and it never lasts for more than 6 mths... if your lifestyle doesn't change, your body wun change. after yrs of unsuccessful diets, i decided to start exercising, and am better for it :)

i realised exercise can be as addictive as PS once u start seeing results, just need to get past the inertia. i assume everyone in here is a little obsessed with their looks too, so i'm sure you can get hooked on exercise in no time ;)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Princessblue

Post by Princessblue » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 11:28 am

Is there taxi service at Hatyai Airport?

What is the fare like from the airport to Dr. Nara place?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 2:52 pm

Princessblue wrote:Is there taxi service at Hatyai Airport?

What is the fare like from the airport to Dr. Nara place?
From what i remember, there is a taxi counter at the airport. Taxi fare should be less than 20SGD after conversion. This is back in 2007 of cos :P

hibear

Post by hibear » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 4:35 pm

Has anyone done cheek implant with dr nara before what is the result like

Cobbing

delimma for my silicone implant

Post by Cobbing » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:41 am

sorry to side track the topic, but i really in the confused stage, i just went for the nose implant with Dr Nara, but last night i just read some article regarding on the side effects on the silicone, as it mention over the years the thing will shift and worse the whole nose might contracted. Seems like there are so many side effect rather than good. i really don't know what to do as i am scare.

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/other/rea ... LangType=1

i really hope that you can give me ur advise that whether should i remove the silicone implant to avoid the thing happened.

i am so delimma. hope can get ur reply asap

:cry: [/b]

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: delimma for my silicone implant

Post by aadvark » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:20 pm

Cobbing wrote:sorry to side track the topic, but i really in the confused stage, i just went for the nose implant with Dr Nara, but last night i just read some article regarding on the side effects on the silicone, as it mention over the years the thing will shift and worse the whole nose might contracted. Seems like there are so many side effect rather than good. i really don't know what to do as i am scare.

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/other/rea ... LangType=1

i really hope that you can give me ur advise that whether should i remove the silicone implant to avoid the thing happened.

i am so delimma. hope can get ur reply asap

:cry: [/b]
shldn't u have done the reading b4 ur op? :S
these are possible side effects, not definite side effects... if the side effects were guaranteed, i dun think anyone will use silicone anymore.

Anyway, there are side effects for goretex and autologous as well, maybe to a lesser degree for autologous. So from a paranoid point of view, you're screwed no matter which implant you do; so just chill and enjoy your new nose :)

dreampotion
Regular
Regular

Post by dreampotion » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 3:22 pm

aadvark wrote:
anyway, dun lipo! i wanted to do it previously, but nara rejected me... have other frens who did it tho, and it never lasts for more than 6 mths... if your lifestyle doesn't change, your body wun change. after yrs of unsuccessful diets, i decided to start exercising, and am better for it :)

i realised exercise can be as addictive as PS once u start seeing results, just need to get past the inertia. i assume everyone in here is a little obsessed with their looks too, so i'm sure you can get hooked on exercise in no time ;)
i totally agree with u,
i did lipo in 2007/2008, i lost 40kg prior but my lifestyle changed after lipo, meaning i was really fit before the liposuction, then after that i slowly stopped working out and i put on 10kg within a year and had to do a revision lipo.

but i would like to conclude that lipo is ideal for those who can maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a normal weight, cos lipo is meant to shape you and get rid of stubborn fats,
not help you loose weight at all
08:midriff,thighs,arms vaser|face lipodissolve@TLC 09:lasik@PSLC|ceremic braces@alfred cheng|lipo revision@medan NEXT:lipo@medan|jaw@winston tan|nose@bk

Ebony

Post by Ebony » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 3:25 pm

meili_wudi wrote:Going to Dr Nara next thurs 3rd with a gf.

She's doing lipo and i am doing fat injection for forehead. anyone have experience with nara on this?
Hi, have you did your fat injection on forehead? Is it like forehead enhancement?

missy-me

Post by missy-me » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 6:19 pm

i just did my nose with dr nara on 2 december and my nose is pretty swollen now. eye area is also swollen. sigh..
and the worst thing is that, it seems like there is nothing done to my nose and even my parents and siblings said so. it looks jus like my old nose, swollen.
sigh.. getting pretty depressed and anxious...

but i did saw my nose right aft the surgery and i find that it looks good. at least better then my old nose.
is it that aft all the bruising n swelling are gone, it will look exactly like wat i saw in the mirror right aft the surgery??
:cry:

wobuzhidao

Post by wobuzhidao » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 9:36 pm

hi all, i have a question here. how long will it take for the swelling to be gone after dimple creation and eyelid surgery? 1 week?