Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:53 pm

Joyce_riiko wrote:hmmmm i agree. i still abit afraid lo, btw maybe we can all meet up if we wan to go together. N good news silkair also looking for cabin crew. but also 158 cm. Anyone same height as me we can go try together ^^
Haha. I don't mind meeting up, since a many folks here actually do meet up in real life during interviews/trainings. But I'll reach suntec quite early on the 12th eh, like 7.30 (is it too "kua zhang"?)

Hey, get other girls to meet ba, it'll calm your nerves. I'm too tall (182 cm..) scared I'll intimidate you. :P

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

12th Dec Walk In! :)))

Post by crunkbabee » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 5:08 pm

Hi guys! I found out recently about the walk-in that is happening on the 12th of Dec and I am very much interested to give it a try for the first time!

A simple question, I will be finishing my diploma in Feb 2010..will they accept me? I've got the mininum requirements of a 5 'O' levl credits with a B3 in english though, do you think I'll stand a good chance in not getting booted out? *worried*

xx
Last edited by crunkbabee on Sun, 07 Mar 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artsan
Regular
Regular

Re: 12th Dec Walk In! :)))

Post by artsan » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 5:19 pm

crunkbabee wrote:Hi guys! I found out recently about the walk-in that is happening on the 12th of Dec and I am very much interested to give it a try for the first time!

A simple question, I will be finishing my diploma in Feb 2010..will they accept me? I've got the mininum requirements of a 5 'O' levl credits with a B3 in english though, do you think I'll stand a good chance in not getting booted out? *worried*

Is anybody going as well and needs company? add me up at [email protected]

xx
Sadrina, I think it is possible for you to head for the interview. According to past SIA recruitment notices, the notification period allowed (ie: in the process of completing NS/studies) is about 3-4 months. That being said, their criteria is ever-changing, so don't take it too hard if you get booted because of you not graduating in time.

And as for B3 in English, I guess it should suffice (actually it's not bad.) Might I ask, diploma in what field though?

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 6:12 pm

Joyce_riiko wrote:Ya lo i heard before so sad, but most airline is 158cm and above. should i go try or just give up... Since the answer is so clear 158 cm n above. (>~<)
I saw these two girls at the height measurement round during the January walk-in interview. From what I have seen, it was quite obvious that they did not meet the height requirement of 158cm. However, they tied their hair up, with a high 'hump' on their heads, the guy who was supposed to help them to measure their height did not want to destroy their 'humps' by pressing the 'ruler' on their head to measure their heights accurately. And thus he asked them to try to reach for the tape on the wall instead.

In the end, they passed the height measurement round. Haha it's all about tactics....

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 6:58 pm

Shirini wrote: I saw these two girls at the height measurement round during the January walk-in interview. From what I have seen, it was quite obvious that they did not meet the height requirement of 158cm. However, they tied their hair up, with a high 'hump' on their heads, the guy who was supposed to help them to measure their height did not want to destroy their 'humps' by pressing the 'ruler' on their head to measure their heights accurately. And thus he asked them to try to reach for the tape on the wall instead.

In the end, they passed the height measurement round. Haha it's all about tactics....
Hey i wore headband during the height measurement. Haha i think i gained abt 0.5 cm in the process. The lady did attempt to press down the "ruler" on my head but she did it lightly. U might want to try that :)

Joyce_riiko

Post by Joyce_riiko » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 8:07 pm

OOO Tats gd hahaha. Not a bad idea million thanks. Now who wants go with me ^^p

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 8:50 pm

height is never an issue for the company.

those whom are slightly shorter will stand on the seat rest area to close the overhead compartments onboard. having a doubt is fine but do not let your doubt obstruct the process of achieving your dream. :cool:

Joyce_riiko

Post by Joyce_riiko » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:06 pm

Ya lo but then most said if u r short just know/ admit it yourself and don need to even try. It just make me so indecisive to try or not to..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:26 pm

Joyce_riiko wrote:Ya lo but then most said if u r short just know/ admit it yourself and don need to even try. It just make me so indecisive to try or not to..
haha... :shit:

superteddybear

Post by superteddybear » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:32 pm

Is the walk-in interview process same as the write-in? as in need to try on the kebaya still plus the skin check?

im extremely worried about my figure :/ i have big hips n chest.. big as in UK10 bottoms but i think my waist is normal. im so scared they dont even have the kebaya bottom for UK10 girls :(

and i was wondering if anyone is slightly more to the hairy side? need to go for arm waxing? hahaa!

thanks so much!
:)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:06 pm

superteddybear wrote:Is the walk-in interview process same as the write-in? as in need to try on the kebaya still plus the skin check?

im extremely worried about my figure :/ i have big hips n chest.. big as in UK10 bottoms but i think my waist is normal. im so scared they dont even have the kebaya bottom for UK10 girls :(

and i was wondering if anyone is slightly more to the hairy side? need to go for arm waxing? hahaa!

thanks so much!
Jeezuz H F*cking Christ, ladies!.... have any of you actually flown on an SQ flight... you know... sit in a seat and get served by an SQ lady???? Have you?

I've seen all sorts of SQ ladies... from damn near knock out, make your eyes water babes, to lovely average women with excellent charm.

What they all have is CONFIDENCE... they carry themselves... it's not about a bit of hips... it's not about a bit of hair... or a scar... it is about confidence in themselves...

So, stop this silly crap... give it a shot or give up... these dumb ass questions are just that... so dumb ass... if you don't have the confidence to go in and give it a try you won't make it anyway.

And if you do have the confidence it won't matter one bit that your ass is allegedly beyond some stupid SQ parameter.

Hello? Want to fly? Then fly as a passenger first... at least... and understand.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Jeezuz H F*cking Christ, ladies!.... have any of you actually flown on an SQ flight... you know... sit in a seat and get served by an SQ lady???? Have you?

I've seen all sorts of SQ ladies... from damn near knock out, make your eyes water babes, to lovely average women with excellent charm.

What they all have is CONFIDENCE... they carry themselves... it's not about a bit of hips... it's not about a bit of hair... or a scar... it is about confidence in themselves...

So, stop this silly crap... give it a shot or give up... these dumb ass questions are just that... so dumb ass... if you don't have the confidence to go in and give it a try you won't make it anyway.

And if you do have the confidence it won't matter one bit that your ass is allegedly beyond some stupid SQ parameter.

Hello? Want to fly? Then fly as a passenger first... at least... and understand.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

AuroraValentina1927

Post by AuroraValentina1927 » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:20 pm

I very much agree with STRONG EAGLE u guys, or girls for that matter. Everyone's got flaws, strengths and weaknesses. Now, we gotto make sure it doesn't hinder us.
To all going for the walk-in, we will all try our best and learn from the experience.

Now, anyone wanna go with me? :lol: :wave:

email me :
[email protected]

thewickedtruth

Post by thewickedtruth » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:23 pm

Hi guys! I found out recently about the walk-in that is happening on the 12th of Dec and I am very much interested to give it a try for the first time!

xx
I'll be completing my poly in Feb too, gonna give it a try. Do you want to go together? Prolly heading down in the morning. I'll email you. :)[/quote]

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Re: 12th Dec Walk In! :)))

Post by crunkbabee » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 2:37 am

artsan wrote:
crunkbabee wrote:Hi guys! I found out recently about the walk-in that is happening on the 12th of Dec and I am very much interested to give it a try for the first time!

xx
Sadrina, I think it is possible for you to head for the interview. According to past SIA recruitment notices, the notification period allowed (ie: in the process of completing NS/studies) is about 3-4 months. That being said, their criteria is ever-changing, so don't take it too hard if you get booted because of you not graduating in time.

And as for B3 in English, I guess it should suffice (actually it's not bad.) Might I ask, diploma in what field though?

Hey artson! thanks for the heads up :) im doing a diploma in internet and multimedia development. its about web development and animated graphics not much on the service side though :S