Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 5:23 pm

zxtangellove,

if u failed your management, you will be banned to go for interview for 6 months. Even if you go for the walk in, they will still let you register but they will never let you pass even the 1st round. Thats is from me and my friend experience. :)

Hope this help..
Accomplish or do not begin

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 5:34 pm

loh loh wrote:hi girl,

hmm i've got a friend also like you same case 2 yrs ago, she was turned away during the walk-in. then, the banned posted was 3 months. i don't know if it will turn out the same, but i personally think that it is not really safe to do it. hope this helps! :)
Haiz then they should have just failed me in the earlier rds so i get the chance to try again asap.
6 mths is too long. 3 mths is more reasonable.

loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:02 pm

zxtangellove wrote:
loh loh wrote:hi girl,

hmm i've got a friend also like you same case 2 yrs ago, she was turned away during the walk-in. then, the banned posted was 3 months. i don't know if it will turn out the same, but i personally think that it is not really safe to do it. hope this helps! :)
Haiz then they should have just failed me in the earlier rds so i get the chance to try again asap.
6 mths is too long. 3 mths is more reasonable.
Ya, i think they should like have it shorter. they posted the ban for ppl who fail mag rd is to let them have a chance and time to kinda reflect what actually went wrong etc, before trying again. how old are you zxtangellove btw?
apple

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:30 pm

loh loh wrote: Ya, i think they should like have it shorter. they posted the ban for ppl who fail mag rd is to let them have a chance and time to kinda reflect what actually went wrong etc, before trying again. how old are you zxtangellove btw?
For reflections, it just take 1 day. So i think 3 mths is really too long for reflections, let alone 6 mths! I guess it is abt giving chances to others. And if this is the case, yea i will "lan lan" accept it.. I did think briefly abt it and i think i know which part i screwed up. I just turned 25 last mth. Doubt i have much chances to try again. The girl in the same group as and got booted out also 25 yrs old. I am not sure if it is the age prob (sure hope not, otherwise they should have rejected us in the initial application stage). The only girl from our group of 5 and got in is a sweet malay girl whois 22 yrs old and she's a teacher :p

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03 am

zxtangellove wrote: For reflections, it just take 1 day. So i think 3 mths is really too long for reflections, let alone 6 mths!
#-o [-o<
What do you want? Jam on it?

I am not sure if it is the age prob (sure hope not, otherwise they should have rejected us in the initial application stage).

Have a look through this forum; girls older than that have been accepted.

ariella

Queries

Post by ariella » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 1:22 am

hi folks..i would like to ask if singaporean PR will be accepted for the walk in in Dec? I have a friend who is interested to go for the job. Please enlighten me..thank you :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:22 am

PR of Asian origin (Malaysian, Indonesian confirm can )should not have a problem. Best is to give a detail infor and ask the company. :wink:

ariella

Queries

Post by ariella » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 1:38 pm

My friend is born to a Singaporean dad and Shanghainese mum. She is however, a PR graduated from a local Polytechnic. How does this counts then?? Please advice. thank you :)

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 2:33 pm

hows the response for the mgmt round the past few days...?
hope the likely hood of passing that round is higher this time for those going through it....

Joyce_riiko

Post by Joyce_riiko » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 3:54 pm

Hi, i am new here. Just happen to came across this website.
I am 155 or 156 who wish to try applying as SIA cabin crew.. wonder if they allow ><
Anyone same height as me going too?

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:17 pm

Joyce_riiko wrote:Hi, i am new here. Just happen to came across this website.
I am 155 or 156 who wish to try applying as SIA cabin crew.. wonder if they allow ><
Anyone same height as me going too?
Joyce, I think chances are a bit low if you are 3 cm short of what's required. I got a lady friend who was being asked to leave after being measured. She was 156cm.

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:19 pm

Plavt wrote:
zxtangellove wrote: For reflections, it just take 1 day. So i think 3 mths is really too long for reflections, let alone 6 mths!
#-o [-o<
What do you want? Jam on it?

I am not sure if it is the age prob (sure hope not, otherwise they should have rejected us in the initial application stage).

Have a look through this forum; girls older than that have been accepted.
Yea unfortunately... I am still quite upset abt it and still in the process of getting over it actually.
Mm what i want huh..
Getting over it is what i want and I am trying my best to :)
Then i shall pull myself together and try again 6 mths later!

Aye, I must have missed out parts of the thread mentioning abt girls older than 25 being accepted. Although, I did read abt guys older than 25 being accepted. Wow this thread is so long! I've been catching up a lot on this thread. Still in progress of looking through this forum. Anyway, good thing you've reassured and enlighten me!

Joyce_riiko

Post by Joyce_riiko » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:32 pm

Ya lo i heard before so sad, but most airline is 158cm and above. should i go try or just give up... Since the answer is so clear 158 cm n above. (>~<)

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:43 pm

Joyce_riiko wrote:Ya lo i heard before so sad, but most airline is 158cm and above. should i go try or just give up... Since the answer is so clear 158 cm n above. (>~<)
Hmm. Like what M says, always give it a try, otherwise it's going to be 0% success. Low chance doesn't mean no chance, so I say you prep yourself and head down for the walk-in on the 12th. Regardless of the outcome, just take it as an experience.

Speaking of which, I'm also heading down for the walk-in. So excited! It's my first time since I'm fresh out of the Army.

Joyce_riiko

Post by Joyce_riiko » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 4:48 pm

hmmmm i agree. i still abit afraid lo, btw maybe we can all meet up if we wan to go together. N good news silkair also looking for cabin crew. but also 158 cm. Anyone same height as me we can go try together ^^