Singapore Expats

Public school for my son...need recommendations.

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
tiyalynn

Public school for my son...need recommendations.

Post by tiyalynn » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:10 am

Moving over to Singapore around March and need to get my son into a good public school (primary) but i was also told that he would have to go straight to high school. i am pulling him out of his school presently as he is in P6 but our education system is behind most other countries and fear he may need to stay back a year and redo P6 which I would like but they apparently don't take kids in the last year? He would have graduated this year in June which is when the school year ends but we have to move to Singy around March and I haven't sorted out his schooling as yet.

Need a solution and school recommendations please....

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 1:38 pm

That's a tough one. I know some expat parents who actually take their kid out of local school at P6 to avoid the repeat, but it might be just what your son needs--it's a recap of P1 to P5. I'd ask around. Call some schools and explain your situation. I bet you'll find an available spot if you're flexible enough! Good luck!