Singapore Expats

How to choose a family karaoke system?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
FoodLover

How to choose a family karaoke system?

Post by FoodLover » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I am new here. Would appreciate to recieve your advice on this matter.

I love singing and want to install a karaoke system in my home. Would anyone know about this and give me some ideas about: cost, brand, where to buy, brand new or 2nd hand?

Thank you very much in advance!

Happy weekend to all!

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 3:22 pm

Best Denki , courts , Audio house ...the usual suspects

FoodLover

Post by FoodLover » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:00 pm

Do you know it will run with CDs or some kind of system. I am totally blind about this? Could you please advise?

How do I have songs for different languages?

Thank you!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 1:56 am

FoodLover wrote:Do you know it will run with CDs or some kind of system. I am totally blind about this? Could you please advise?

How do I have songs for different languages?

Thank you!
You need a pro setup if you want quality sound, with equaliser, you can do it easy for 3k, the sound quality is what you want, so good speakers and amp, best if they are matched, by the same company.

If you do not understand, shop around, but do not just buy! It must be on your terms, if possible. I would suggest visiting a KTV and asking what equipment they are using, then go to the place across from Funan, take someone that understands music to listen to the sound. Different language subtitles come with the recordings, though be careful lots of copies from China. Try to get the ones made for Europe or USA, maybe i can help with that for a free meal :lol:

FoodLover

Post by FoodLover » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:18 am

KTV will cost a lotttt, I believe. ksl knows what I want right? If I buy a karaoke CD player from my hometown, cost about some hundred S$ only. But it is CD players, then for many different languages in Spore like Malay, Indonesian, Philipino, Spanish, ect are there CDs available?

Could you pls help to check this out.
http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... 627&cat=29
Is it what I want? :D Then together with the ampli and mics will do right?

Do you think I should tap on second hand ones rather than buy the expensive brand new? Or I go back home and shift here?

You are the most welcome to my restaurant for a free meal if we can launch it successfully by mid next year...he...he... I promise.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 1:30 pm

FoodLover wrote:KTV will cost a lotttt, I believe. ksl knows what I want right? If I buy a karaoke CD player from my hometown, cost about some hundred S$ only. But it is CD players, then for many different languages in Singapore like Malay, Indonesian, Philipino, Spanish, ect are there CDs available?

Could you pls help to check this out.
http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... 627&cat=29
Is it what I want? :D Then together with the ampli and mics will do right?

Do you think I should tap on second hand ones rather than buy the expensive brand new? Or I go back home and shift here?

You are the most welcome to my restaurant for a free meal if we can launch it successfully by mid next year...he...he... I promise.
Actually you can buy second hand for the startup, just make sure it's all in working order! Only the things you can see may need to be new, like speakers, and you can certainly find them in good condition.

Only buy new when your business is making money! I'll check the link! No not that machine, take a look at this link.

Martin Roland + RSQ 600-Watt Professional Karaoke System Package about 900$ US that is.

http://www.acekaraoke.com/bmb-martin-ro ... tands.html.

There is a repair shop in Sim Lim first floor, he may have some equipment. Remember that a good equaliser, mic and speakers give the quality of sound. Songs you should be able to find also. Don't rush into buying without testing the equipment.