Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:53 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi huskyjude,

Not so soon but i may pop by to see Dr Kao when i'm in Taipei, haven't book appointment yet.

Don't laugh, but i'm concerned that by removing the rib, if next time i'm old & suffer from osteoporosis (touch wood) & fall down, will my bones collapse like a stack of cards coz short of one rib.

then imagine we go X ray, the technicain will be very alarmed & say, "Miss, do you know that you're short of one rib?" LOL.
So embarrasing.

Going to wait a while, seems they have successfully invented bone harvesting, so maybe there's a new alternative soon, perhaps?
OMG i actually Laughed-Out-Loud reading this!! Anyways actually they have they right now.. u can use other ppl's bone or something but u have to pay WAYYYY more which is a ridiculous price, i say u might as well harvest your own bone instead of using someone elses. (cuz u probably can get two nose jobs done with that price) ALSO using someone's natural cartiledge will be diferent DNA meaning it will act the same as a foreign object so the reject rate is the same as if u were to buy a cheap silicone and place it in ur nose. im not sure about the cage collasping.. honestly i have asthma and sometimes when i get a bad cough my ribs tightened really painfully.. so im a bit worried as well. (the things we do for beauty)

Anyways If anyone is going to be in Taiwan near the end of December let me know.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 6:22 pm

Hi blissful09,

I'm leaving taipei on the 25 Dec, you'll just arrived.

Have you decided on your eye doc yet?

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 7:57 pm

Just got Dr. Kao's reply:

"I would recommend you consider the rib cartialge grafting for the rhinoplasty. Your main problems include the short and saddle nose, alar flare, over nostril show..etc, which is more difficult to correct it if there is no enough cartilage amount."

He quoted me NT120,000 (about S$6200) for the surgery plus one night's stay at the hospital. Quite ex hor, think he increased his price? Last time i heard it's about NT110,000?

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 8:07 pm

I think this is the price now NT120 000, gathered from the previous posts that i've read. But this time you must get someone to accompany you, to help you to the toilet, buy food, run errands etc. Pl don't be gungho & go alone. Don't exert yourself carrying heavy luggage :)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 9:44 pm

He also quoted me NT150,000-160,000 if i wished to use donated rib cartilage instead of the rib harvesting.

So ex!! I really wished to lengthen my nose abit leh but i'm so afraid of pain for the rib harvesting or extrusion for the implant. At that price, I might as well go Migo Clinic at Korea at least the nurses there can take good care of me. Dr Park at Oz Clinic is much cheaper but then Oz Clinic like not very popular in Korea.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 7:27 am

He also quoted me NT150,000-160,000 if i wished to use donated rib cartilage instead of the rib harvesting.
Its not that high?? :shock: I hear NTD$110-120k for the last few quotes for ribs, which is no where near S$6200. I kinda check the rates very often, from XE.com, the rate is like $4800-5200 max?

BTW angelfern, is it really very tough to go alone? :o

I'm a little worried now since my bf can't make it to go with me, and I'm deciding to wing it and take care of myself on this trip.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 8:27 am

Hi jamie82,

Ideally I think you should have a companion if u do rib, coz I read that for the first day, u'll be in pain, need someone to help you to the toilet, fetch you water, buy food (although you may not have much appetite, but must eat something) etc.

I think can order food & pay at the hospital?

The earlier posts stated that the nurses are rather reluctant to attend to the nitty gritty stuff, unlike here so helpful, they only monitor temperature, do dressing (?).

Based on my memory, the past forumers advised to have a companion, usually the taiwanese patients have their family members around to take care of them. I don't know if there's improvement to their attitude & service.

However, if you can survive the next 24 hours without assistance, you should be alright. Food wise, you can bring bread, buns, packet drinks etc. It's just that you may need someone to support you to the toilet.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for the info =/

Haiz, looks like have to plan this out a little in detail then for the first day >.<

Maybe it isn't such a bad thing since get to lose weight from all these lol.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:16 am

Blissful09 wrote:
angelfern wrote:Hi huskyjude,

Not so soon but i may pop by to see Dr Kao when i'm in Taipei, haven't book appointment yet.

Don't laugh, but i'm concerned that by removing the rib, if next time i'm old & suffer from osteoporosis (touch wood) & fall down, will my bones collapse like a stack of cards coz short of one rib.

then imagine we go X ray, the technicain will be very alarmed & say, "Miss, do you know that you're short of one rib?" LOL.
So embarrasing.

Going to wait a while, seems they have successfully invented bone harvesting, so maybe there's a new alternative soon, perhaps?
OMG i actually Laughed-Out-Loud reading this!! Anyways actually they have they right now.. u can use other ppl's bone or something but u have to pay WAYYYY more which is a ridiculous price, i say u might as well harvest your own bone instead of using someone elses. (cuz u probably can get two nose jobs done with that price) ALSO using someone's natural cartiledge will be diferent DNA meaning it will act the same as a foreign object so the reject rate is the same as if u were to buy a cheap silicone and place it in ur nose. im not sure about the cage collasping.. honestly i have asthma and sometimes when i get a bad cough my ribs tightened really painfully.. so im a bit worried as well. (the things we do for beauty)

Anyways If anyone is going to be in Taiwan near the end of December let me know.
Hi... I'm going in early jan.. will you still be there on 5-6th onwards??

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 10:22 am

I'm going on 19 to 25 Dec for my sis's levator & eyelids at Dr Jong. Anybody thinks that there's a better doctor for levator, please help.

We emailed him last night specifically for levator b4 & after photos, hope he'll reply soon. His website has all the eyelid photos but i don't know which ones are for levator.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:20 pm

How much are dr. Jung's charges? Do you have his email?

Dr Park replied very fast:

" Even if the photos are unclear and dark, I can see that you have severe Mongolian fold with single eyelids, short & upturned nose, low nasal dorsum, bulbous nasal tip and wide nasal alar."

Err i have quite obvious double eyelids and I don't think i have mongolian fold leh? What's exactly a mongolian fold ah, can anyone describe to me what it means? Nosewise, it's exactly what he said.

He quoted:
"So, I want to recommend you double fold surgery with medial epicanthoplasty, open rhinoplasty with tip plasty with septal and ear cartilage graft and nasal alar resection"

The cost of eye surgery is 1,500,000 KRW (about 1,200 USD) and the cost of nose surgery is 3,000,000 to 3,500,000 KRW (about 2,500 to 3,000 USD)"

Dr Kao says I need rib grafting as ear cartilage not enough in my nose scenario but Dr. Park seems to think ear cartilage enough liao. How??

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 1:51 pm

Just trying my luck - anyone who has any air tickets to taipei but can't go in the end due to reasons, you can pm me.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 2:29 pm

Dr Jong replied to my sis already.

Gave her the link to his website pics, all in mandarin.

http://www.lrclinic.com.tw/contentbyper ... 7c001a5d4d

Huskyjude, in his article, he also explained about mongolian fold that requires epi, known as kai yan tou, the little piece of skin covering your tear duct.

We asked him to specify which pic is the levator muscle surgery, ha, hope he'll reply.

followthesun

Post by followthesun » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:17 pm

angelfern wrote:I'm going on 19 to 25 Dec for my sis's levator & eyelids at Dr Jong. Anybody thinks that there's a better doctor for levator, please help.

We emailed him last night specifically for levator b4 & after photos, hope he'll reply soon. His website has all the eyelid photos but i don't know which ones are for levator.
Hi angelfern,

I think it's under the section "眼瞼下垂" - I'm not sure what exactly is levator surgery but if it's to correct ptosis then it should be it :)

followthesun

Post by followthesun » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:22 pm

weeles wrote:
followthesun wrote:
weeles wrote: Hi Blissful09,
I got the shot on my arm to make me fall asleep, and then I was asleep and not aware if they injected my eyes as well. So for me, it was 1 painless shot :) Anyway, I did mine (double eyelid and epi) at dr. Chuang 1 year ago, and happy with the result as it really looks natural.
Have u got a pic 1yr post-op pic to share. I think I've seen a photo which was 2weeks post op. Would be great to see the results now.
Pic update: after 1 year. without make up.

[img][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2374/81291220191629905381229.th.jpg[/img]
[/img][/url]

[img][img]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7594/editan.th.jpg[/img]

I just realized I don't have any close up photos... I'll try to post some close up pics next week :)

Scar is invisible if I open my eyes, but if I close my eyes, you can still see epi scar on my right eye corner. But incision scars ánd left epi scar are gone. I think dr. Chuang did a very natural job. My new friends can't tell I had surgery done ;) they even asked if I have european grandparent or something, cos they thought I have deep set eyes... Weird.

Anyway, 'before' pics are on page 17
[/img]
Results look really natural, mind me asking what surgery he performed - did he use the mini incision and magic epi?