Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:24 am

changeinme wrote:
huskyjude wrote: Dear changeinme, I apologize if my earlier posts have offended as there have been alot of suspicious posts in the cozycot forum as well as weird personal mails from other people. Moreover, what you have experienced and posted is totally different from what I have encountered.

I think Dr. Nara does not respond very well to email. Everytime I email him, I usually get only one or two liners, you would think he's nonchalent but he's very nice & reassuring in person.

If you think that you do not wish to waste time & effort going back to hatyai to look for Dr. Nara, you could perhaps give him a ring and talk to him personally. Perhaps you can get better answers. Just a suggestion.

Give it some time. The eyes usually take a longer time to deswell and usually they only look nice after 1-2 months, moreover, i think dr nara usually does full incision (as in the traditional cutting method), which will take some time to heal compared to the stitching/sutures method or mini incisions method.

If you are still unhappy with your eyes then, you can consider revision. I wouldn't recommend Singapore doctors for revision jobs esp. epi. If Korean docs (Migo etc) are too ex, you can go to Taiwan docs as well. I think Dr Chuang does revision work on epi - his primary work cost about S$1300 but revision work may cost slightly more. I am also considering to go to Dr. Chuang myself for epi.

Wish you all the best.
it's cool. all water under the bridge. i just received a reply from dr nara. i think his followup email is rather comprehensive cos mine is too. lol. i sent him photos stated my concerns. told him my consult with the opthamologist. i got a reply for his email and he pretty much told me to follow the instructions of my opthamologist and he is fairly certain i will be able to close my eyes eventually.

his reply to my epi is rather vague. i've pretty much documented my concerns with the photos. he advised that it's too early to assess results but in his experience there shouldn't be a need for revision and went on to say plastic surgeons usually wait 6 to 12 months for a revision. i'll have to live with this for awhile and give it time.

i've also heard about dr chuangs reviews on epi. i've sent him an email about my results yesterday and i'm still waiting to hear back. i really think you should go for korea's magic epi if you can. i think dr chuang don't do magic epi but i may be wrong. i hope your outcome will be much better than mine. keep me posted
Korea is too ex for me. Those really good ones are really expensive. Those recommended in sg expat forum, cozycot forum or flowerpod forum though affordable, i dont find their results fantastic. I have seen dr chuang's results on two forummers. They are good! Like it better than Dr. Su's work. If you have any good and affordable korean surgeon, do let me know.

I will probably be going Jan next year as the tickets to Taiwan now are horrendous almost $900 two-way.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:37 am

changeinme: Erm, you're ten days post op and expect to have no swelling at all? That's abit unrealistic, don't you think?

I think it's quite common knowledge if you've read through the forum posts that it takes at least 6 months before your crease starts to look normal.
Even after 1-2 months post op, your eyes will still look very swollen.

Really, just give it time and you'll see the swelling subside. Most people don't have symmetrical eyelids to begin with, so it's quite hard for any (even the best) to ensure 100% symmetry. And the reason why you probably see the symmetry being very obvious now is due to the swelling.

If it means anything at all, there have been many people who posted here in time past, complaining about super swelling yadayada. After 6 months, they've disappeared from the forum lol

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:50 am

sasa05_ wrote:envyme and huskyjude,

Want to ask about your lipo results.
It has been 2 weeks post op for me, I'm still so swollen!
Had tried to reduce salt intake to reduce swelling but difficult cos eat out almost everyday, esp for lunch.
I'm on garment for at least 16 hrs a day everyday since after op.
However, no inches loss yet and my incision areas still are very swollen.
In fact, I'm still feeling soooooo sore, esp my arms :oops:

I know it'll take some time, up to few mths but I'm getting paranoid. wondering if i take too much food. :oops:
I'm taking a normal lunch and light dinner (little big of soupy stuff or porridge)
Can share what's your diet after op?
Sasa, not so fast actually. 2weeks is kind of still the early stages. The more fats you've extracted out, the more downtime it will take. So maybe you got more fats extracted out than me, thus you need longer time to heal..

My arms still feel abit sore even till now when i rub it or grab it.

Frankly speaking, I didn't watch my diet!!!!! OMG! Therefore, the lipo area is still small while the rest increase. Damn. Everytime when I eat something sinful, i will be thinking "ok tml or rather from now on no more!"

But it all failed. 3days later I already forgotten what sinful food I've eaten already.

I must be determined now!! boo.

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:54 am

huskyjude wrote:
changeinme wrote:
huskyjude wrote: Dear changeinme, I apologize if my earlier posts have offended as there have been alot of suspicious posts in the cozycot forum as well as weird personal mails from other people. Moreover, what you have experienced and posted is totally different from what I have encountered.

I think Dr. Nara does not respond very well to email. Everytime I email him, I usually get only one or two liners, you would think he's nonchalent but he's very nice & reassuring in person.

If you think that you do not wish to waste time & effort going back to hatyai to look for Dr. Nara, you could perhaps give him a ring and talk to him personally. Perhaps you can get better answers. Just a suggestion.

Give it some time. The eyes usually take a longer time to deswell and usually they only look nice after 1-2 months, moreover, i think dr nara usually does full incision (as in the traditional cutting method), which will take some time to heal compared to the stitching/sutures method or mini incisions method.

If you are still unhappy with your eyes then, you can consider revision. I wouldn't recommend Singapore doctors for revision jobs esp. epi. If Korean docs (Migo etc) are too ex, you can go to Taiwan docs as well. I think Dr Chuang does revision work on epi - his primary work cost about S$1300 but revision work may cost slightly more. I am also considering to go to Dr. Chuang myself for epi.

Wish you all the best.
it's cool. all water under the bridge. i just received a reply from dr nara. i think his followup email is rather comprehensive cos mine is too. lol. i sent him photos stated my concerns. told him my consult with the opthamologist. i got a reply for his email and he pretty much told me to follow the instructions of my opthamologist and he is fairly certain i will be able to close my eyes eventually.

his reply to my epi is rather vague. i've pretty much documented my concerns with the photos. he advised that it's too early to assess results but in his experience there shouldn't be a need for revision and went on to say plastic surgeons usually wait 6 to 12 months for a revision. i'll have to live with this for awhile and give it time.

i've also heard about dr chuangs reviews on epi. i've sent him an email about my results yesterday and i'm still waiting to hear back. i really think you should go for korea's magic epi if you can. i think dr chuang don't do magic epi but i may be wrong. i hope your outcome will be much better than mine. keep me posted
Korea is too ex for me. Those really good ones are really expensive. Those recommended in sg expat forum, cozycot forum or flowerpod forum though affordable, i dont find their results fantastic. I have seen dr chuang's results on two forummers. They are good! Like it better than Dr. Su's work. If you have any good and affordable korean surgeon, do let me know.

I will probably be going Jan next year as the tickets to Taiwan now are horrendous almost $900 two-way.
i heard of dr park in oz clinic. heard he's pretty good but while i was searching for a link for you yesterday i saw a bad review on purseforum so i didn't include him. i've read good reviews about him before and seen some good work
http://forum.purseblog.com/health-and-f ... 400-2.html
but at the same time there's a bad review recently if you google oz clinic so i didn't mention him. his prices have always been the same. i'm not sure if you're only doing epi but epi alone is about 750
http://drpark.co.kr/eng/index.htm

i've an appt with arthur this week for lipo. i'm pretty close to chickening out. doing 5 areas, upper and lower tummy, waist, flanks and lower back. pain factor and discomfort level? i'm expecting the pain to be kinda like when you over-exert your muscles through exercice plus the feeling of sunburnt skin. but thats what i gather. any tips and advice? i understand that you've survived it. also read about water retention problems on another forum. did you have any of that? i'm chickening out.

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:34 am

cersepn wrote:changeinme: Erm, you're ten days post op and expect to have no swelling at all? That's abit unrealistic, don't you think?

I think it's quite common knowledge if you've read through the forum posts that it takes at least 6 months before your crease starts to look normal.
Even after 1-2 months post op, your eyes will still look very swollen.

Really, just give it time and you'll see the swelling subside. Most people don't have symmetrical eyelids to begin with, so it's quite hard for any (even the best) to ensure 100% symmetry. And the reason why you probably see the symmetry being very obvious now is due to the swelling.

If it means anything at all, there have been many people who posted here in time past, complaining about super swelling yadayada. After 6 months, they've disappeared from the forum lol
cersepn its not the swelling that i'm worried about of course i know swelling happens this is not my first dbl eyelid surgery but the fact that my eyes cant close worries me since i didnt experience this with the first. the asymmetry its not the double eyelids its the fact that the epi is definitely undercorrected. nara agrees that theres asymmetry and the fact is symmetry can be achieved if i pull some skin towards my nose. quite obvious or the epi. i've pmed you my photo you'll know what i'm talking about. i'm not fussy and i don't really expect much but this degree of asymmetry i'm sure is unacceptable if you ask any plastic surgeon. nara's not putting the epi asymmetry off to swelling i think he understands where i'm coming from.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks for the link. Sorry for my cynical self speaking out again - you know that Jang from the forum raving about Dr Kim's results, she actually worked for him as a sort of promoter, saw her in the new paper/straitstimes in an article talking about overseas plastic surgery. I don't think her eyes look that great. Dr Kim is definitely out as I have heard some bad reviews about him in other forums. I will be checking out Dr. Park but it's hard to differentiate the true & untrue online but many thanks for your recommendations on Dr. Park.

For liposuction, I didn't encounter much pain but then i think Dr. Nara didn't extract much from me either. The results were not fantastic but for the price i paid, i can't complain. Think Dr. Arthur's patients encountered more pain but then could be more fats were extracted. My arms were the most sore but had the best results. The discomfort is sort of very sore from overexercise, pain if you press on it but otherwise very much bearable. I don't have any water retention problems.

Heard that arnica montana is good for swelling - you could buy sineech or the arnica montana that Dr. Arthur is recommending which is much cheaper. Pineapple juice is also good for post-op swelling. Compression garments is a must - they really help in shaping and helps with the pain when moving. Merderma cream for the scars.
Last edited by huskyjude on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funkygirl

Post by funkygirl » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 2:02 pm

huskyjude wrote:Thanks for the link. Sorry for my cynical self speaking out again - you know that Jang from the forum raving about Dr Kim's results, she actually worked for him as a sort of promoter, saw her in the new paper/straitstimes in an article talking about overseas plastic surgery. I don't think her eyes look that great. Dr Kim is definitely out as I have heard some bad reviews about him in other forums. I will be checking out Dr. Park but it's hard to differentiate the true & untrue online but many thanks for your recommendations on Dr. Park.

For liposuction, I didn't encounter much pain but then i think Dr. Nara didn't extract much from me either. The results were not fantastic but for the price i paid, i can't complain. Think Dr. Arthur's patients encountered more pain but then could be more fats were extracted. My arms were the most sore but had the best results. The discomfort is sort of very sore from overexercise, pain if you press on it but otherwise very much bearable. I don't have any water retention problems.

Heard that arnica montana is good for swelling - you could buy sineech or the arnica montana that Dr. Arthur is recommending. Pineapple juice is also good for post-op swelling. Compression garments is a must - they really help in shaping and helps with the pain when moving. Merderma cream for the scars.

what about for bruising and scars? any idea what will be good?? cos im thinking of stocking up meds b4 gg to hatyai for the surgery. thanks!:)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 2:24 pm

Think you can buy those scar creams in hatyai, there are tons of pharmaceutical shops there i also dunno why. It's cheaper there too.

Ebony

Post by Ebony » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:40 pm

vivilen81 wrote:
aadvark wrote: some of these non-board certified plastic surgeons still do decent work, i suppose; they are not trained in plastic surgery, but they are full-fledged surgeons nonetheless, not untrained quacks, so not as bad as nara tried to put it ba?

so far, puttisak has produced very decent results, dun be too worried :)

But trained in general surgery is still different frm plastic surgery, Nara is saying they lack skills in more complicated jobs and produce inconsistency work.

Well, i hv nothing against Puttisak, my frenz noses turn out fine. But since we can choose a board-certified surgeon, why shld we settle for a non-board certified?

Puttisak's clinic open after 5 pm, Nara said becoz Puttisak is working in the hospital and he is not a qualified plastic surgeon tat why he cant operate his own clinic, tat Poly-clinic is co-owned wif other doctors.
Where can i check his qualification? Hope everything will be fine. :? Will consult with him first then decide..

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 6:40 pm

Hi envyme,

I've received your pm & replied, then I sent another pm to you. When I checked, both went to the outbox. Someone please tell me how to check if the other party received it?

Is it suppose to go to the sent box or outbox? Thanks!

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 7:26 pm

huskyjude wrote:i did lipo on my arms, tummy & flanks. The arms were the most sore & bled the most but had the best results. I lost an inch for both arms. All my friends commented that my arms were much smaller.

For tummy & flanks, they did not bleed at all but there's not much results i find. I probably lost only half to one inch of waist. Nothing much for flanks except to accentuate your waist from the back. Nothing to shout about but for that price, i really can't complain.

I'm going back to finish up the thighs & chin (I should have done everything at one go the other time but I had no stomach for too much surgery - felt abit faint)
EnvyMe wrote:
Sasa, not so fast actually. 2weeks is kind of still the early stages. The more fats you've extracted out, the more downtime it will take. So maybe you got more fats extracted out than me, thus you need longer time to heal..

My arms still feel abit sore even till now when i rub it or grab it.

Frankly speaking, I didn't watch my diet!!!!! OMG! Therefore, the lipo area is still small while the rest increase. Damn. Everytime when I eat something sinful, i will be thinking "ok tml or rather from now on no more!"

But it all failed. 3days later I already forgotten what sinful food I've eaten already.

I must be determined now!! boo.
Thanks gals....

I guess I'll just continue to wear garments and watch my diet.
It's not easy for the diet part as I'll have dinners with family & friends.
That's 1 way of catching up.

Envyme,
U know ah, i paranoid until i think if I take too much food now.
After 6 months later, I still exactly the same.
Do like never do like this then waste all my effort,pain and $ to go through lipo. :oops:

Amy keep reminding us to control, control....
Last nght my gf wanted to meet me for coffee, but in the end we cancelled it cos we know we sure end up eating if we meet up. :oops:

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:35 pm

Im going hatyai 12th to 17th Dec. im coming back alone on the 17th. Anybody coming back on 17th too? im looking for companion. Its scary to come back alone after op considering im those who dun dare go orchard alone lor.... :? :oops:

Btw.. im getting rhino & double eyelid done. for those with experience.. are we not suppose to get the face (eg. wound) area wet after op? how to shower/wash hair after that? the shower sometimes tend to splash abit water here n there will wet the face oso... do i cover my face head with plastic bag?? how to breath???? pls help.. thanks.

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenies » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:37 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi envyme,

I've received your pm & replied, then I sent another pm to you. When I checked, both went to the outbox. Someone please tell me how to check if the other party received it?

Is it suppose to go to the sent box or outbox? Thanks!

When u send it will go to Outbox first.. when the other party received liao den it will go to Sentbox.. if it's still in Outbox means the other party haven open n read the pm. :)

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:46 pm

Hi greenies,

Thanks, haha, i'm very sua ku. appreciate it.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:21 pm

Greenies wrote:Im going hatyai 12th to 17th Dec. im coming back alone on the 17th. Anybody coming back on 17th too? im looking for companion. Its scary to come back alone after op considering im those who dun dare go orchard alone lor.... :? :oops:

Btw.. im getting rhino & double eyelid done. for those with experience.. are we not suppose to get the face (eg. wound) area wet after op? how to shower/wash hair after that? the shower sometimes tend to splash abit water here n there will wet the face oso... do i cover my face head with plastic bag?? how to breath???? pls help.. thanks.
hey greenies a pity my surgery dates are on 10/11 Dec will prob. leave on 12 Dec liao if not will accompany you. I'm also looking for a companion :)