Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:26 pm

Posters: Please consider how you quote, a lot of you are wasting board space unnecessarily. [-X

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:34 pm

many of those i saw waiting outside for round 2 are really pretty!! :)

vintagecrush

Post by vintagecrush » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:35 pm

M wrote:
st4rz wrote:anyway, have u guys read the blog written by "boh tong" bout SIA crew? he makes me feel really disgusted after reading them.. gives me second thoughts. is everyone really like that over there? sounds really dangerous haha
just take it as info-entertainment. we crews, ranking n non ranking have different opinions about it but majority of us, think it's crap.

i reckon the primary existence is to churn off money to conduct classes for interviewees. :oops!:
hey M! you are on bohtong's website.. =D>

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:44 pm

vintagecrush wrote:hey M! you are on bohtong's website.. =D>
it's a joke. please do not identify me as a senior crew and "itself". ive never ever identified myself as a senior crew and those hear say all board are what ive heard and said it myself. when i mentioned your website, many ranking crews have brushed off it straight. im sure grandpa knows better how the culture runs onboard and many have been said about you. whether what is real or pretentious, bystander knows better.

and comeon, so called grandpa, you earn your respect and you dont gain respect by sitting infront of your computer typing your head off. you definitely havent earned mine and i doubt in time to come, you will. and frankly speaking, i do visit your website for entertainment. it's a good source of it. :devil:

well done. =D> =D> =D>

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:45 pm

chocopie wrote:many of those i saw waiting outside for round 2 are really pretty!! :)
i havent seen any onboard recently. now you know why? it can be good and bad. :cool:

dreamie10

Post by dreamie10 » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 4:12 pm

dear all, am here to share my today''s interview experience with you.

was slotted for 2pm but i reached at 12.45pm as i wanted to get a feel of the environment and calm myself down.

waited at the sia sports club guard house and went to change my pass at 1.15pm. noticed that most of the girls had gd skin....

on my way in, passed by sia staff and smiled at them. one of the guys very good looking, 30s handsome. smile at him too. haha being in stc gives you a reason to smile at everything that moves.

went into a room, handed in my form....chatted with the girls.

hr will call your name, line up in a row of 10. reach for 2 tapes (i suspect its 208cm and 212cm). after everyone has done the reach test, we were doing height measurement 1 at a time.

i was measured at 157.5cm. :( pretty much know that sia is very strict on height but i gave round 1 my best shot.

went into round 1. pretty girl and handsome guy. we were asked to introduce ourselves and tell us which famous person would we choose to be for the day.

having been to previous interviews, the feeling i got was that they choose based on likability and looks?....because the 2 (1 of them speaks a foreign language) who were chosen did not speak well, but looked pleasant.

saw the guys waiting for their results. out of 10 only 1 got through.

best of luck to those going on 12 dec. see you there and never give up.

fashionista-lovetodress

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 5:05 pm

hi zxtangellove,
may i know what time is your final interview tomorrow?

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 5:34 pm

tangerinetofu wrote:Hey babes!

Today's interview sequence was a little different.

It went like this:
1. Introduction and answer a question
2. game, 1 - 1
3. skin test + kebaya (i think)

In my first round, me and another girl got in. There were quite a number of groups with 0 people being shortlisted. I got out in the second round. Got to say that I expected it after exiting from the room because I did not answer my scenario based question well. I guess, this is another great experience for me!

I will definitely try again for the walk-in, and ladies! If this is what you really want, please do not give up! (:

(PS. I wore a purple top and grey pants and were one of the first few groups! If anyone here have seen me do say hi! )
hey! i was the one wearing black and white. the last girl who join u guys. short hair :) u will be trying again on 12 dec?

tangerinetofu

Post by tangerinetofu » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 5:39 pm

st4rz wrote:hey! i was the one wearing black and white. the last girl who join u guys. short hair :) u will be trying again on 12 dec?
Hey yes i will try again! Did you get through all the rounds for today?
One day, I will fly away.

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 5:43 pm

haha, i went for kebaya but me and daph both got out. they didnt tell me why but they told me her it's because the skin under her eyes is dry??? haha just a minor problem. sighh, dunno whether to try again, so tiring!

oneofmanyjoeys

Anyone from the 9am batch today? (25 Nov)

Post by oneofmanyjoeys » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 5:43 pm

My group too has 0 people selected for the 2nd round.. I was thinking maybe the main crux lies on the self intro part more than the qns they asked.. like for my group was "whats our ideal holidays"..

Maybe thats why all of us failed... pretty shocked..

Or is it that we were the benchmarks.. like cuz we were the 1st grp for the day.. and maybe they are in the midst of morning grouchy-ness? :(

Anyway, who's gg for the 12 dec walk in? we can all go together! PM me :D

tangerinetofu

Post by tangerinetofu » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 6:13 pm

st4rz wrote: dunno whether to try again, so tiring!
TRY! Dont give up! What more the next recruitment is rather near.. just 2 - 3 weeks away. And I heard from someone in this forum that after the Dec one the next one will be in April!

Lets go tog! (: Did you and daph exchange no?
One day, I will fly away.

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 6:21 pm

tangerinetofu wrote: TRY! Dont give up! What more the next recruitment is rather near.. just 2 - 3 weeks away. And I heard from someone in this forum that after the Dec one the next one will be in April!

Lets go tog! (: Did you and daph exchange no?
i pm-ed you :)

reverseforwardstop

25th nov 09 interview

Post by reverseforwardstop » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 6:39 pm

tangerinetofu i think you were with me just now i was wearing blue with black high waisted skirt. my question was also abt the place you will recommend tourist to. Anyone knows since if the final interview is changed to 30th nov, do we have to go for tmr's interview right(they state in the email).

gina

fashionista-lovetodress

Re: 25th nov 09 interview

Post by fashionista-lovetodress » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 6:44 pm

reverseforwardstop wrote:tangerinetofu i think you were with me just now i was wearing blue with black high waisted skirt. my question was also abt the place you will recommend tourist to. Anyone knows since if the final interview is changed to 30th nov, do we have to go for tmr's interview right(they state in the email).

gina
Hi you got selected for the final interview? your interview is changed to 30th november?