Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wiwik

Re: be yourself !

Post by wiwik » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:50 am

hi there,after the 3rd if u r selected,did they test u to swim?Or if u r selected,then u can go for the training directly?pls advice. many thks! :)

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:52 am

exclusivepink wrote:
hi exclusivepink.. ive lost my certs too, while moving house...but i do have the copied ones though. You think it will be ok?.. or should i go back to the school and ask them to chop or sign on the copied certs? You think SIA will approve photocopy certs?
u juz nd to tell them u misplaced ur originals. show them the copied and promise them u will show them the original if u passed all rounds.

u can go to MOE or ur school to reprint with a cost involved. can show them after all rounds are passed. :)
hi!..thank you for your reply. I have already called my school and they will do a certified copy of my cert. = )
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

acceber

Post by acceber » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:32 am

people, best of luck to today's interviewees ya! i'm going at 2pm slot later. wooosh! \:D/
Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be. Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me.

chanelislove

Post by chanelislove » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:14 am

in the walk-in interview form, it has column which ask highest qualification and state the date obtained but i currently taking my diploma so do i fill in or leave out the column?

AuroraValentina1927

Re: WALK-IN INTERVIEW!

Post by AuroraValentina1927 » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:26 am

Hey Michelle!
Wanna go together for the walk-in?

can PM me or email me at :
[email protected]

Would be good to go with someone. :lol:

YrreP

Post by YrreP » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:40 am

back from the interview.. booted out in the 1st round.. damn sad :(
seriously what are they looking for in the interview? none in my grp got into 2nd round :?

Greenapple123

Post by Greenapple123 » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:48 am

YrreP wrote:back from the interview.. booted out in the 1st round.. damn sad :(
seriously what are they looking for in the interview? none in my grp got into 2nd round :?
Haha me too! Booted out in the first round... my interviewers look so strict, sleepy and I got a feeling that the interviewers are in a bad mood. My team oni a gal get thru...

acceber

Post by acceber » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:56 am

:shock: ohhh nooo... my interview is in 2hrs time... zzzzz... :???:
Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be. Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me.

Shirini

Re: be yourself !

Post by Shirini » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:00 pm

wiwik wrote: hi there,after the 3rd if u r selected,did they test u to swim?Or if u r selected,then u can go for the training directly?pls advice. many thks! :)
There is no more water confidence test, the last round will be the management round

manukahoney

Post by manukahoney » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:13 pm

Yesterday,I was booted out at round 1 too. I fail 5-6 times at round 1. immune to it already. So never feel sad or wad. Just go there n gain experience n to share my experience with other gals who went for the interview for the first time.
My bf cousins who are LSS and Ifs did told me before that you need not have a pretty or model like face. Just have a pleasant n cheerful look. You must have a face that without you opening your mouth to speak, people will like you already. :D Some people inborne have a fierce or cool look but looks pretty.SIA may not consider such candidates also. Just be yourself. Smile like thats no tomorrow. Normal days if you dun smile, but on the actual day u smile, your smile may look fake. Remember a sincere smile last longer on your face than a fake smile. :) And if interviewers pose you a question to ponder, do u roll your eyes up n think (That will show the 'white' part of your eyes which may consider rude to interviewers). I always do that when people ask me question.LOL. :wink:
Some gals may not speak as good as others but they have the humble n cheerful look. The 4 months training in STC will teach you how to be n look like a SQ gal. Seriously yesterday from my observation, those gals who bun up their hand n painted their nails red were booted out.
Just wear semi-formal to formal, light makeup n be urself. have a megawatt smile. Hehe. :D
Please don't flame me, just my own opinion. :)
Last edited by manukahoney on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sugahplume

Post by sugahplume » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:30 pm

Greenapple123 wrote:
Haha me too! Booted out in the first round... my interviewers look so strict, sleepy and I got a feeling that the interviewers are in a bad mood. My team oni a gal get thru...
yah me too... :( can't believe so fast get kicked out lol. and yah omg i painted my nails red and put my hair in a bun... maybe that's partly why ah :/ no one in my group got in also...!

Velique

Post by Velique » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:30 pm

manukahoney wrote:Yesterday,I was booted out at round 1 too. I fail 5-6 times at round 1. immune to it already. So never feel sad or wad. Just go there n gain experience n to share my experience with other gals who went for the interview for the first time.
My bf cousins who are LSS and Ifs did told me before that you need not have a pretty or model like face. Just have a pleasant n cheerful look. You must have a face that without you opening your mouth to speak, people will like you already. :D Some people inborne have a fierce or cool look but looks pretty.SIA may not consider such candidates also. Just be yourself. Smile like thats no tomorrow. Normal days if you dun smile, but on the actual day u smile, your smile may look fake. Remember a sincere smile last longer on your face than a fake smile. :) And if interviewers pose you a question to ponder, do u roll your eyes up n think (That will show the 'white' part of your eyes which may consider rude to interviewers). I always do that when people ask me question.LOL. :wink:
Some gals may not speak as good as others but they have the humble n cheerful look. The 4 months training in STC will teach you how to be n look like a SQ gal. Seriously yesterday from my observation, those gals who bun up their hand n painted their nails red were booted out.
Just wear semi-formal to formal, light makeup n be urself. have a megawatt smile. Hehe. :D
Please don't flame me, just my own opinion. :)
i believe what you said was true, there's this tall, slim and really pretty looking girl in my group was eliminated. I thought she was really pretty and felt that she was like a threat but haha, she got eliminated. Don't know what they are looking for.

manukahoney

Post by manukahoney » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:10 pm

Greenapple123 wrote:
Hehe.. I feel that the 2 interviewers i got yesterday. 1 male n female, they are the best after going for 5-6 times. They are friendly n smiley. I still remember those previous times i went, the interviewers look so grouchy. Make me feels like we owe them several thousands of dollars.The moment i step foot into the room. The atmosphere already gloomy. :?

pongpong

Post by pongpong » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 2:11 pm

lol.. i got booted out 1st round. not a bad experience!! qn: wat is your favorite movie..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 2:14 pm

pongpong wrote:lol.. i got booted out 1st round. not a bad experience!! qn: wat is your favorite movie..
im sure the journey will be smoother in time to come. :cool: