Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:51 am

summerboy02 wrote:The Group Game Round together with the 1-1 Interview is relatively new to me...

I never heard of this Group Game Round before..Can someone share how is this round conducted and how do they assess the candidates?

:) :)
Yes very formal and typical white long sleeve shirt + black skirt and black covered toe shoes LOL. Another girl who got through everything was wearing a white dress though. As long as it is formal enuff. Don't have to be too rigid like me :oops:

exwhyee

Post by exwhyee » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:10 am

zxtangellove wrote:
exwhyee wrote:
hey babe!! it's me!! congrats for getting in!! im really happy for you!!! it's been really nice knowing you too! =) best of luck for the final interview... U CAN DO IT!! =)
Hey girl Thank you! It's great to have your company today :D I will be rooting for you morally for dec 12 (if that helps). I will pm-ed you with my email addy soon. U can pop your questions there if you want =]
oh no im not sure if i could receive ur pms cos my posts wasn't sufficient.? haha and thanks for the encouragement! would most probably be missing the walk-in in dec though... will try again when im 100% ready for the job! (:

vonne

Post by vonne » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:49 am

chocopie wrote:
pongpong wrote:
5implicity wrote: hey!! i'm in the same slot as you! But i cant PM u
hey babe. msn? tried to pm you but seems like u cant receive? lol. try to post more than 5! :lol:
hey gals, i pm but nt sure if u ladies received..

LADIES! I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH U PPL.

my slot is at 10.40am.. i hope u ppl see this and reply here.. i will check b4 i leave.. hope is not too late.. dun pm me kk.. cant read.. thanks!!!

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:58 am

congrats zxtangellove for getting thru so far!

is it possible that i have your msn contact via pm here?
I would like to ask some questions regarding the interview, thanks!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 7:25 am

sugahplume wrote:gosh i know this is kinda random, but i can't find my birth certificate and panicking because my interview is in less than 24 hours... :/ do y'all think it'll be okay?
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 7:35 am

what if? what if? what if? ](*,)

how? how? how? :boxing:

why? why? why? :shooting:

if there are so many what ifs, hows and whys, and the uncertainties about yourself, there wouldnt be a purpose to fulfill. skip the interview, carry on with your life and stop dreaming or wanting to become cabin crew.

you are in this forum for a purpose. the purpose to gather more information and tips, to probably assist you in the interviews. in doing so, you are probably better prepared to expect what will be thrown at you.

BUT, the problem is, even after positive feedback is given, some are still mellowing in their pessimistic state of mind. if so, please pack up and move on with your current job, finish up your studies or pursue other interests.

everything hear said in this forum, just take it as a pinch of salt. no one is gonna fault you if you fail the interview but if you do not even go for the interview, you should feel sorry for yourself. :shit: :shit:

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:10 am

LADIES! I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH U PPL.

my slot is at 10.40am.. i hope u ppl see this and reply here.. i will check b4 i leave.. hope is not too late.. dun pm me kk.. cant read.. thanks!!![/quote

Hey r u online nw? I missed e ship too. It seems they cant rec e pm i sent. Wanna cab in wit me?

vonne

Post by vonne » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:26 am

chocopie wrote:LADIES! I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH U PPL.

my slot is at 10.40am.. i hope u ppl see this and reply here.. i will check b4 i leave.. hope is not too late.. dun pm me kk.. cant read.. thanks!!![/quote

Hey r u online nw? I missed e ship too. It seems they cant rec e pm i sent. Wanna cab in wit me?

yeah.. wanna give me ur email first

vonne

Post by vonne » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:29 am

vonne wrote:
chocopie wrote:LADIES! I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH U PPL.

yeah.. wanna give me ur email first
u still there???

jay_wang

Post by jay_wang » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:43 am

hey, i'm going down later at 1020. pm msn?

vonne

Post by vonne » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:45 am

jay_wang wrote:hey, i'm going down later at 1020. pm msn?
cant pm.. add me.. [email protected]

jay_wang

Post by jay_wang » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 8:46 am

thanks! added.

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:20 am

exclusivepink wrote:
sugahplume wrote:gosh i know this is kinda random, but i can't find my birth certificate and panicking because my interview is in less than 24 hours... :/ do y'all think it'll be okay?
dun worry. i lost my all my bc and educational certs while renovating. just tell them u lost it and if u passed all rounds, u will show it to them by then.
hi exclusivepink.. ive lost my certs too, while moving house...but i do have the copied ones though. You think it will be ok?.. or should i go back to the school and ask them to chop or sign on the copied certs? You think SIA will approve photocopy certs?
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

ilnew

Post by ilnew » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:22 am

my friend went for the interview in the morning yesterday and got booted out in the first round of group interview. according to her, the interviewers seemed very stringent yesterday; lots of groups only had one girl getting into the next round successfully, or at most 2 for some. and also, she said that in her group, only one girl was chosen and that girl wasn't very fluent in her speech, english wasn't very accurate and kept stammering as well. so she was very surprised that the few other girls who were definitely much better; spoke fluently, had confidence and lots of smiles, etc. didn't manage to get in.

after she told me, i couldn't help but wonder what is it that the interviewers were really looking for then? is it really just based on the looks? (my friend said that the girl in her group who got in looked quite oriental and non-local) those who spoke well, smiled alot, had good grooming didn't manage to get in instead. i'm planning to go for the 12dec walk-in, hence i'm thinking about how should i go about presenting myself that day!

exclusivepink

Post by exclusivepink » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:34 am

hi exclusivepink.. ive lost my certs too, while moving house...but i do have the copied ones though. You think it will be ok?.. or should i go back to the school and ask them to chop or sign on the copied certs? You think SIA will approve photocopy certs?
u juz nd to tell them u misplaced ur originals. show them the copied and promise them u will show them the original if u passed all rounds.

u can go to MOE or ur school to reprint with a cost involved. can show them after all rounds are passed. :)
Last edited by exclusivepink on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.