Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 7:01 am

st4rz wrote:really nervous bout the interview! seriously, what should our self-introduction include? name age previous school, experience and stuff? or should it include the reason we want to join SIA.

also, what would be a classic appropriate outfit for the interview?

thanks for your help!! :)
introduction varies. the content doesnt matter as ive said earlier on. you can talk until the cows come home and if your body language is negative, most probably you will fail the 1st round.

there isnt any classic appropriate outfit for the interview. you have to be formal for ALL interviews. you cannot expect yourself to be in slacks and revealing top for interviews, can you? :shooting:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 7:06 am

st4rz wrote:anyway, have u guys read the blog written by "boh tong" bout SIA crew? he makes me feel really disgusted after reading them.. gives me second thoughts. is everyone really like that over there? sounds really dangerous haha
just take it as info-entertainment. we crews, ranking n non ranking have different opinions about it but majority of us, think it's crap.

i reckon the primary existence is to churn off money to conduct classes for interviewees. :oops!:

pinksapphire

Re: new !

Post by pinksapphire » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:00 am

M wrote:
simply23 wrote:hi.. isit cfm going to hv 3 rounds? do u noe how long is the 3 rounds going to rush? coz i hv to rush back to work.. plz advice =[
hi, if you are really keen in this job, why not take a full day off for it? why do you wanna go through the mental stress of reporting back for work? this will affect your mental state while waiting for the relevant interview later in the day. :shock: :shock:
Hi!..ya..i agree with what M said..u should take a full day off, if you are really keen. Total, there will be 4 rounds.. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and lastly Management round(4th).. the waiting time may take a very long, depending on how many candidates. = )
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

sugahplume

Post by sugahplume » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:11 am

Greenapple123 wrote:I'm 25th nov, 9.30am. Anyone? :)
hey Greenapple, mine's at that time too :)

and i'm now starting to get kinda nervous as the date looms close... good luck for everyone who's having their interviews today!

Greenapple123

Post by Greenapple123 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:27 am

sugahplume wrote:
Greenapple123 wrote:I'm 25th nov, 9.30am. Anyone? :)
hey Greenapple, mine's at that time too :)

and i'm now starting to get kinda nervous as the date looms close... good luck for everyone who's having their interviews today!
Do you have any MSN so that we can chat online? Hahaha

winzy

Interview tomorrow at 11.10am

Post by winzy » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:48 am

Hi all...
I am so freaking worried about my chances. I do not have very clear complexion. Suffered from acne problem when I was younger and thus have some scars on my face. I want to know if that means I have absolutely no chance at all?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Interview tomorrow at 11.10am

Post by M » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:00 pm

winzy wrote:Hi all...
I am so freaking worried about my chances. I do not have very clear complexion. Suffered from acne problem when I was younger and thus have some scars on my face. I want to know if that means I have absolutely no chance at all?
chances are.......

NIL...................

if you say so. no one will be able to give you any definite answer as we are not the interviewers. go and have a go at them, know what is it all about and tell us when you are back. be it positive or negative, im sure you will gain something out of it. :cool:

pongpong

Post by pongpong » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:11 pm

hey anyone on 25th, 10.20am wants to go together?

winzy

Post by winzy » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks.... I guess I will just have to give it my best shot then. Hopefully they will look beyond the external factors. Good luck to everyone!!!

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:12 pm

my friend is currently waiting for her interview at STC. she just msg me and said she's still waiting and her interview slot is 10.50am. so i advise those who only took half day for their interview, better be prepared to get the whole day off.

sugarz

Post by sugarz » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:19 pm

amandababy wrote:my friend is currently waiting for her interview at STC. she just msg me and said she's still waiting and her interview slot is 10.50am. so i advise those who only took half day for their interview, better be prepared to get the whole day off.
wow must be very crowded.
Did your friend mention anything else?

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:51 pm

amandababy wrote:my friend is currently waiting for her interview at STC. she just msg me and said she's still waiting and her interview slot is 10.50am. so i advise those who only took half day for their interview, better be prepared to get the whole day off.
how many people there are per interview this time round?

dreamie10

Post by dreamie10 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:55 pm

any updates from those who went this morning?

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 1:22 pm

my friend got out in the first round. 2 out of 10 in her group got in to round 2.
her 1st round of interview is self introduction and her question was, if you were to be a man for a day, who would you want to be and why.

pongpong

Post by pongpong » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 1:34 pm

amandababy wrote:my friend got out in the first round. 2 out of 10 in her group got in to round 2.
her 1st round of interview is self introduction and her question was, if you were to be a man for a day, who would you want to be and why.
oww.. so not related to work kinda question! :???: