Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chanelislove

Post by chanelislove » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 5:47 pm

anyone has any ideas what time will the walk-in interview starts and end?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 8:54 pm

acceber wrote:dreamie10, PM-ed. :)

yup, I totally agree with M.
I didn't really meet all the expectation, but I'm trying... and gonna try until i reach a certain age, lets jus say... 25?

Worse still, I can't do walk-in coz once I've being measured, they rejected me right at the door. Meaning? One less opportunity for me.

So I can only depend on write-in. And thank god for them giving me a chance for interview.

Staying positive is a must. =)
As long as u keep trying, put ur heart into it, no regrets.
although height can be mandatory at times but trust me, it isn't an issue with the company. ive seen girls whom are shorter than the minimum requirement and one of my batchgirls is not there either.

let your warm personality, positive attitude and the desire to succeed bring you to greater heights. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 8:56 pm

loh loh wrote:I Agree wad M says. i myself hav scars on the face, and is quite disturb by it, but will make effort to conceal it and do my very best. what matter most is our attitude to this interview. try to work on how to present yourself during rd 1, because that is the killer round. if we don't pass that, we wont even have the chance to try the kebaya. alot of girls have nice skin during the round 1 interview in my grp, but yet they got booted out. so your personality must shine from others.

and during round 2. some questions will be asked by the interviewer, so i believed rd 2 is not mainly base on looks either, if not they wont be spending time asking qns. and try to work on rd 3 too!

jia you everyone! :)
Scars are fine. I've seen pretty bad skin conditions for some, and probably they will be grounded till full recovery so do not feel otherwise yeah. Work on impressing them but not to the extend of being arrogant and you should be fine. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 8:58 pm

chanelislove wrote:anyone has any ideas what time will the walk-in interview starts and end?
hi, we will let you know once the website publish the timing for any walk-ins. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 9:04 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
velvetrose wrote:girls I think you prepare yourself well before going to the interview. my friend went to the final interview on wednesday and she failed because the way she speak is not fluent enough. SIA chose most of the degree holder who can speak better!

Ganbatte as i think nw their interview is more stringent!
I heard that SIA will send them for some English course under Cambridge , is it true?
i dont think being fluent will guarantee you the vacancy. im sure the company isn't looking for public speakers onboard. :lol:

ive heard stewardess from china undertaking english lessons with British Council but not the locals. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: i'm new here!!

Post by M » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 9:07 pm

MauriceChai wrote:And to those who're scheduled for interviews on the 24th and 25th.
We're only 2 days away, all the best! Good luck!

Best of luck!
Yeah, best of luck. Work towards it and please please don't chicken out girls. :cool:

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:03 pm

well... the interviews' not even over n yet everyone starts talkin bout the walk-in.. I thk we shall not have too much hope for e walk-in, i mean, dun expect that it's like 99%. If not, when there isn't any recruitment again, be it write or walk in, den we will start thking and flood the forum again asking questions like why r they not hiring, is there any problem etc. Perhaps, i guess that in yr2008 they had too many recruitments, like every month. That's y we will be expecting since e economic is picking up they should start to have more recruitments. But yes.. we shall really hope tt there's a walk-in lah!

n ppl, dun be afraid of e wadever scars/flaws u have. Jux be confident and do ur best. The more u're afraid of ur flaws, meaning to said, u've ald ''lost e war''. be confident, n jux thk that u're e best, u can do it. It will boost ur confident level, and u'll be able to present urself during interviews. Don't compare urself with other gals, comparing will also drop ur confident level.

Be urself, n truely urself. Okieee.. i noe it's not easy but jux COOL urself and dun panic. U can speak well but when u're panic, u start to: My..my name is is...er.....

Good luck guys~

acceber

Post by acceber » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:18 am

thanks M for the encouragement! :love:
Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be. Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me.

simply23

Post by simply23 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:19 am

acceber wrote:dreamie10, PM-ed. :)

yup, I totally agree with M.
I didn't really meet all the expectation, but I'm trying... and gonna try until i reach a certain age, lets jus say... 25?

Worse still, I can't do walk-in coz once I've being measured, they rejected me right at the door. Meaning? One less opportunity for me.

So I can only depend on write-in. And thank god for them giving me a chance for interview.

Staying positive is a must. =)
As long as u keep trying, put ur heart into it, no regrets.
Hey there.. can i juz ask how tall are u? and when's ur interview?? coz i oso miss the height limit by abit.. so glad i hv sum1 in the same situation as me!!! haha

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:28 am

simply23 wrote:Hey there.. can i juz ask how tall are u? and when's ur interview?? coz i oso miss the height limit by abit.. so glad i hv sum1 in the same situation as me!!! haha
eh so bad? haha :P

simply23

Post by simply23 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:32 am

M wrote:
simply23 wrote:Hey there.. can i juz ask how tall are u? and when's ur interview?? coz i oso miss the height limit by abit.. so glad i hv sum1 in the same situation as me!!! haha
eh so bad? haha :P
ya..!! now i dunno wad to write on the walkin appln form. coz they ask for height and weight. shd i juz put 158 as height? or shd i b truthful? but i scared if i put anything less they'll ask me to go home! haha! any advice??

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:33 am

exactly how tall r u? if ure like 157.. or smth.. still can give n take haha

acceber

Post by acceber » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:38 am

hahaha... i'm 157cm... i went to write-in interview before once. this time rd 25th nov slot. u?
Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be. Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me.

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:40 am

oh i suppose they can be flexible abt tt since its only 1cm. :p mine's 24th.

simply23

Post by simply23 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:55 am

mine's on the 24th.. well i miss more than 1 cm.. im praying hard that wont cause my downfall.. haha.. gd luck to u gals.. =]