Singapore Expats

Epi-lasik

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
louy
Chatter
Chatter

Epi-lasik

Post by louy » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 2:19 pm

I am interested in corrective laser eye surgery, and I have been doing my research. I think I am wanting to the the Epi-lasik because it doesnt involve actually cutting a flap in the eye.

Has anyone else done this surgery ? Do you have any success or scare stories you can share with me.

Also, I have only found one surgery offering Epi-surgery : http://www.epi-lasik.sg/index.php/home

Can anyone advise where I may be able to find some reliable reviews on this place.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Epi-lasik

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 7:19 pm

louy wrote:I am interested in corrective laser eye surgery, and I have been doing my research. I think I am wanting to the the Epi-lasik because it doesnt involve actually cutting a flap in the eye.

Has anyone else done this surgery ? Do you have any success or scare stories you can share with me.

Also, I have only found one surgery offering Epi-surgery : http://www.epi-lasik.sg/index.php/home

Can anyone advise where I may be able to find some reliable reviews on this place.
I did this last year because I didnt qualify for normal lasik. My cornea was too thin. Did it at same clinic with the link you provided.

I did my own research and the epi-lasik did sound like it causes less long term side-effects. I would have still chosen this method.

However, the recovery period is longer and the method more expensive.

I have no regrets.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:53 am

do a little bit more research into intralase lasik with wavefront. intralase is also known as blade free.

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by louy » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:09 am

thanks for the replies

I have check out intralase. It still cuts the cornea. It more the cutting than the blade that I am scared of. When it comes to the eye, the less cutting the better

a.brooks

epi-lasik

Post by a.brooks » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:41 am

Hi, just wondering if you tried the epi-lasik surgery... :o . If yes, how are the results?

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by missis » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:55 am

There's some good info on a site called allaboutvision.com
I had the regular(?) Lasik done 2 years ago and it's fantastic (my prescription was -5.5 so I was blind as a bat before!). To open your eyes first thing in the morning and be able to see straight way is wonderful after needing glasses since I was 6 years old! When I had the Lasik I was in my late 30s. One caveat - my husband also had it done but he's early 40s and it seems he may need reading glasses in a year or two (he was warned this might happen).

a.brooks

Post by a.brooks » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 8:18 pm

That's great thanks Missis. i will check out the website. I'm really interested in the epi-lasik as i also fear the 'cut'. I have a lot of faith in the practitioners though, i'm sure they are all well qualified, with many hours of experience here. i am now 41 and just getting a touch of myopia also. blind as a bat too!! was -4.5, but they reduced my lenses to -4 to compensate the myopia.... ah! old age... hope i can do it gracefully :roll:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:57 pm

Have you ever wondered by optometrists always wear glasses? I've always wondered why they don't have the same procedures that they push to others? Think they know something they aren't telling us? :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

missis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by missis » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 9:22 am

Have 2 friends who are opticians and had it done years ago...! Though just another thought - you wouldn't promote this treatment if you were an optician would you? Would put you out of business...!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 2:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Have you ever wondered by optometrists always wear glasses?
Mine doesn't. :o

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”