Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

=)

Post by kinderjoy » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 2:24 am

are we allowed to bring our own kabaya? my fren intend to borrow hers to me...

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 2:55 am

somehow just feel like chickening out. hahaha in case kena rejected. so scary ):

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Returning Crew

Post by aloyscious » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:50 pm

hi people...

any returning crew got called up for interview ???

Thanks!!!:)

talkingtoes

new !

Post by talkingtoes » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 2:54 pm

hello my time slot's on 25th nov 10.20am :)) anyone's the same here ??
maybe we can go together too haha :))

anyways i heard there are 3 rounds of interview on the first day, and a final one on the 26th ?

so i assume the first round is the normal self intro, second round will be the kerbaya. and third ?

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 3:19 pm

duriancake wrote: is that for walk in? heard STC is under normal light.. they also will go so near?
Yeah mine was walk-in. STC's lit with those daylight-emulating office lights. You'll only have a problem if your skin's bumpy. As for whether they'll go near.. yes if necessary, I'd imagine.

huh? what if bigger size? can wait for the size to 'come' back? like maybe the person in front got the size u can wear.. can u wait for her to come back?
Just relax.. grab whatever's closest to your size, and if it doesn't fit you, you can always look busy and wait for someone else to come back. This other applicant offered me hers when she saw me struggling with my zip. "Try mine, it's bigger!" so sweet huh. :-)

Anyway most important thing is.. don't let the little things shake your confidence. Especially if the interviewer/examiner says or does things that are not-so-nice. Keep smiling.. They'll be watching you. give it ur best shot, gd luck :wink:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 6:40 pm

MirageBomb wrote: Just relax.. grab whatever's closest to your size, and if it doesn't fit you, you can always look busy and wait for someone else to come back. This other applicant offered me hers when she saw me struggling with my zip. "Try mine, it's bigger!" so sweet huh. :-)

Anyway most important thing is.. don't let the little things shake your confidence. Especially if the interviewer/examiner says or does things that are not-so-nice. Keep smiling.. They'll be watching you. give it ur best shot, gd luck :wink:
thanks so much girl!

we have to change together eh? can we wear gridle?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 6:52 pm

eh, try not to overwhelm yourself with too many details. just be yourself on the actual day and if you are meant to be selected as they like your personality and not really about looks, you are in. too much preparations might backfire and remember, being yourself is probably the key to this job. scars and so on, if visible, try to conceal. if not, goodluck? :cool:

agathacherry

Post by agathacherry » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 7:27 pm

I'm wondering how long all the rounds will take?

loh loh

Re: new !

Post by loh loh » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 8:38 pm

talkingtoes wrote:hello my time slot's on 25th nov 10.20am :)) anyone's the same here ??
maybe we can go together too haha :))

anyways i heard there are 3 rounds of interview on the first day, and a final one on the 26th ?

so i assume the first round is the normal self intro, second round will be the kerbaya. and third ?
Third is 1 to 1
apple

thewickedtruth

Post by thewickedtruth » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 9:02 pm

Was wondering if I had a D7 in eng, and currently taking my dip (last year though), do you think I'm qualified? Because I thinking of giving it a try if there's really a walk-in in Dec since I've missed this intake. What are the chances? And also I have scars on my back thigh due to rashes.

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by harajukugirl » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 1:43 am

just wondering if SQ cabin crew are allowed to wear falsies during work? how abt big-eye effect/colored contact lenses? (those that look more natural not scary neon colors)

velvetrose

Post by velvetrose » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:08 pm

girls I think you prepare yourself well before going to the interview. my friend went to the final interview on wednesday and she failed because the way she speak is not fluent enough. SIA chose most of the degree holder who can speak better!

Ganbatte as i think nw their interview is more stringent!

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 5:57 pm

harajukugirl wrote:just wondering if SQ cabin crew are allowed to wear falsies during work? how abt big-eye effect/colored contact lenses? (those that look more natural not scary neon colors)
Hey babe,
many of the crew wear fake eyelashes, in fact it's almost like a mini SQ culture haha. I've seen a few wear the "big eye"contact lenses, but not many. As long as it enhances your appearances and doesn't look too over the top, there shouldn't be a problem. :)

All the best to you girls & guys! I agree with M not to over prepare otherwise you'll feel even more nervous if they ask something unexpected. :) And regarding the scars, if they can be covered by the kebaya it should be okie. The joke is that you'll get more bruises from working on board haha :P

Good luck!

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 7:16 pm

thewickedtruth wrote:Was wondering if I had a D7 in eng, and currently taking my dip (last year though), do you think I'm qualified? Because I thinking of giving it a try if there's really a walk-in in Dec since I've missed this intake. What are the chances? And also I have scars on my back thigh due to rashes.
Hi,i guess we both facing the same dilemma.I think should be fine, as long u have a dip:)
If the rumour is true about the walk-in in Dec,i thought of trying for my first attempt.Anyway u can always try to check it yourself,if in doubt :wink:
Scars??I have tons of them!!A proper concealing should do the trick :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 8:07 pm

velvetrose wrote:girls I think you prepare yourself well before going to the interview. my friend went to the final interview on wednesday and she failed because the way she speak is not fluent enough. SIA chose most of the degree holder who can speak better!

Ganbatte as i think nw their interview is more stringent!
i sure hope they did not recruit more bimbos to make my job more difficult. :cool: